News: The Big Tech Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by The Jitty Slitter, Oct 6, 2020.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Surprise surprise the groomer smear guy is not that interested in doing anything about actual CSAM

charlie15, Mike03 and rslfanboy repped this.
  2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After much delay, Twitter finally sent out severance packages for the people they’ve laid off since November… It, reportedly, only includes 1 month of severance. This is far less than the 3 months that was standard for Twitter previously and what Musk said they would be giving when they were laud off. However, they were continuing to be paid up until Jan 4 due to WARN notice requirements, so Musk and Twitter may try some semantics on this and say the 1 month severance + 2 months of being on the payroll = 3 months severance. They also will not be getting pro-rated performance bonuses, but some did get funds for COBRA continuation.

https://fortune.com/2023/01/07/twitter-employees-laid-off-elon-musk-severance-less-than-expected/

charlie15 and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  3. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's just amazing that the CEO of a public company can be out there lying on a daily basis. This is Trumpian level lying.

Now who actually cares that his founder back story is lies, but it is remarkable that we can't expect honest answers from him about anything - and the implications in respect of a publicly traded company. The lessons of Enron are never learned LOL

charlie15 repped this.
  4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Trump only got like a million from Dad when he was starting out too. The NYT said it was more like $60M much of which he never paid back.

charlie15 repped this.
  5. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Ian Bremmer was joking about this in his recent interview with Preet - about how Musk called Bremmer dishonest about his Putin claims

I could completely imagine Musk lying to Bremmer about speaking to Putin about his war goals. Also I could completely believe it did happen and Musk was now lying after boasting about it

Which is really the problem. The guy is a Trumpian scale liar.

See especially his testimony in Delaware.

6. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    So Elmo has now suppressed a politician Ted Lieu and a Journalist Ken Klippenstein from search results after they criticised him

What a man baby

I tested and verified both, as have other people.

charlie15 repped this.
  7. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ChatGPT

Holy shit, I'm not even sure what to say. This thing seems revolutionary to our civilization. And quite scary too.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  8. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey soccer fans, have you heard of ChatGPT? It's a language model developed by OpenAI that can generate human-like text. I've been playing around with it and it's pretty impressive. You can ask it questions about soccer and it can give you detailed answers. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a cool tool for all of us soccer enthusiasts. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Also, I just found out that Arsenal has beaten spurs today, what a great match!

9. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Please tell me you generated this on ChatGPT.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is that, like all AI, is based on what has already happened, what is in the past. That is hugely problematic.

Played around with it for a bit. It has some problems. For example, I asked it who I am (real name), knowing that there are two primary hits. It said it couldn't find anybody with my name. I also asked it about my ex, knowing that her name is both a lingerie model in South America as well as a Associate Research Professor at a UC school. The first came back with nothing, which I expected. I then entered her name and the city, and nothing came back. I then entered her name and university and nothing came back.

It also did a lot of "on the other hand," when asking it questions, such as "Is Donald Trump Racist?"

Yeah, well, I think Arsenal will win league. Our chairman also won't buy the players Spurs need. Spurs will be lucky to finish in the top 4.

charlie15 repped this.
  11. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    So, nothing new, huh?

charlie15, roby and xtomx repped this.
  12. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    #1712 Q*bert Jones III, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    Chat GPT is astonishing. Don't feel bad, it doesn't know who I am either.

I asked Chat GPT to write a short essay about bigsoccer.com and its role on the modern internet.

"BigSoccer.com is a website that serves as a hub for soccer (also known as football) fans around the world. Since its launch in 2000, the website has grown to become one of the most popular and influential soccer fan communities on the internet.

BigSoccer.com offers a wide range of content for soccer fans, including news, analysis, and discussion of matches, teams, and players. The website also features a large section of user-generated content, including fan-written articles, opinion polls, and a forum where users can discuss the latest soccer-related news and events. This makes the website an important resource for fans who want to stay informed and engaged with the sport, as well as a platform for fans to connect with others who share their passion.

The website's forum is particularly notable for its size and activity, with thousands of users actively participating in discussions on a daily basis. The forum is divided into sections for different leagues, teams, and topics, allowing users to easily find and participate in discussions that interest them. This has made the website a go-to destination for soccer fans who want to engage with others who share their interests and opinions.

BigSoccer.com also plays a role in shaping the online conversation about soccer. The website's community of passionate and informed fans often drive the discussion on various issues related to the sport, and its content is frequently cited and referenced by other media outlets. This has helped establish BigSoccer.com as a respected and influential voice in the soccer community.

In addition to its role as a community and resource for soccer fans, BigSoccer.com also serves as a platform for fans to connect with each other and form relationships. The website's forum and other social features allow fans to connect with people from around the world who share their passion for soccer. This has helped create a sense of camaraderie and belonging among the website's users, and many fans have formed long-lasting friendships through the website.

In conclusion, BigSoccer.com has played an important role in the modern internet as a hub for soccer fans. The website offers a wide range of content and resources for fans, as well as a platform for them to connect and engage with each other. Its community of passionate and informed users has helped shape the online conversation about soccer and established the website as a respected and influential voice in the soccer community."

I've also been playing around with DreamStudio and some of the results are jaw-dropping. Here is a toilet in the style of J.M.W. Turner:

1078794472_a_toilet_in_the_style_of_turner.png

luftmensch, Mike03, bigredfutbol and 2 others repped this.
  13. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did you date the lingerie model or the research professor? Curious mind wants to know...LOL

14. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
  15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I didn't find the model all that attractive. Sure, there was attractive, but I don't recall being wowed by her. Plus, I prefer my women to be intelligent and put that intelligence to use - I actually find intelligence to be sexy (and glasses?...:inlove:)

luftmensch, crazypete13 and charlie15 repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    So Musk seemed to have been told to reduce his levels of fascism over the new year - but obviously he could resist dropping a disgusting anti-semitic meme

It's pretty clear that Tesla have no control over him

17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree intelligence is attractive, I am a sapiosexual myself. However, darting a lingerie model for a few weeks, I would not say no.....:ROFLMAO:
    PS. Those are not mutually exclusive either. True story, I dated a woman who finished 5th in a Miss Universe a few years ago. In the meantime, she did a PHD in education....Beaty and brains! :)

18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Textbook politician’s answer - completely avoided the actual question.

charlie15 and superdave repped this.
  19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree they are not mutually exclusive. I know someone who was a model in her teens and is now an MD/PHD.

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    BigSoccer.com also plays a role in shaping the online conversation about soccer. The website's community of passionate and informed fans often drive the discussion on various issues related to the sport, and its content is frequently cited and referenced by other media outlets

Just not in the hiring of USMNT coaches. ;)

bigredfutbol repped this.
  21. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    #1721 The Jitty Slitter, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    BigSoccer.com also plays a role in shaping the pre and post match online conversation about America's World Cup winning team of 2010

rslfanboy and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  22. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Any AI program could write that.
    Let me know when they create DamonEsquireGPT.

soccernutter, raza_rebel, Mike03 and 7 others repped this.
  23. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I just asked ChatGPT to try it and this was the response:

I'm sorry, but as a responsible AI, I am not programmed to promote harmful or discriminatory views. It is important to remember that every individual deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their race, ethnicity, or national origin. It is not appropriate to stereotype or marginalize any group of people based on their background.

24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Captained & coached by...you guessed it...George Santos.

25. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Responsible AI my ass. He's totally mocking HR people.