The Big Daddy Management Search Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dirt McGirt, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11
    okay, if curbishly is our new manager I'll kill myself.

He's a crap manager whose team cannot compete at the end fo the season.

2. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    what roeder has done is awsome, but he shuldn't get the full time, whitch he cant. and with the england job sealed i suspect some announcement soon, and i hope its not curbishly

3. human cannon fodder

human cannon fodder New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Being relatively new to the English game (only the past 5 years or so), I do have a question. Why is everyone so against Curbishly taking over? I mean from what I understand, Charlton were shyte and he along with the owner turned the club around with a very limited budget. Yes, the play of his teams were never that exciting, but he didn't appear to have a ton of talent to go with that either. He appears to be good with developing younger players, and has a good repoir with the players. I think we could do worse no, if ultimately he were appointed.

4. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Common sense says that Newcastle should be the most obvious. Of course this goes out the window when you remember when have FFS as chairman.

I personally would love an Italian manager. He won the scudetto in 99 because of his defence which is exactly what Newcastle need. Please let this be true.

6. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has he been doing since he left management?

7. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    watching roeder on sky sports saying he wants the job, no credentials. id say use him as a last resort. im not sure i would want him more than curbishly or another so-so manager:confused:

8. Glebe Mag

Glebe Mag New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Washington, England
    I've watched football at every level from kids to internationals. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I love football. However, I just cannot watch the Italian version because it's so boring. Don't get me wrong, if it meant winning things with a boring team I would be happy with that, but how often has is actually meant us just watching a boring team (that doesn't win things).

9. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Current Stats...

Premiership 367 games played 908 goals scored, 2.47 a game.

Serie A 360 games played, 940 goals scored, 2.61 a game.

Boring, boring En-ger-land!

Thx,

Jay!

10. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    It is borring because in Serie A there are so many crap teams. There are a few teams in the EPL that cannot challenge for the tittle but they are still much better than the teams located in the lower part of the league table in Italy.

11. Glebe Mag

Glebe Mag New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Washington, England
    To be honest I haven't watched a Serie A game on the telly for years so it may have improved since. I know the games in the EPL have become lot less entertaining recently.

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to that I find the Serie A boring even if they do score more goals. Now the Eredivise is a fun attacking league to watch and I also find the Championship to be an exciting league as well. I cannot argue that Italian coachs aren't sound tacticaly I just want to be entertained as well.

However a win is entertaining no matter what. So count me as undecided on coaching/national style for the Mags although I usualy prefer the Dutch style of play over any other.

13. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, the FA turned down Newcastles request to appoint Glenn without the proper badges...the search continues!

14. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Come on Zaccheroni

15. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11
    *Does the disco dance*

16. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Fat Freddy has to secure the confidence of his peers (other chairmen) and if they vote yes, Glen can be named the full time manager.

17. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a certain number of chairmen - some reports say a majority, some say two-thirds - move to back Roeder as boss, he can be installed in spite of the LMA saying now.

18. conchobar7

conchobar7 New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Would UEFA have anything to say in the matter, as it is a UEFA Liscense?

For instance, could they not allow us to compete in Europe this year or next if we were to make it in because the manager is not certified?

19. human cannon fodder

human cannon fodder New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    I don't like the appointment. I have nothing, zip, nada against Roeder or anything he has done. He turned his club around, I just worry with all the hype about appointing a big time manager, with a winning tradition, and the likes of other candidates available. I don't get the feeling Fat Freddy really looked too hard, and is doing everything to stall for Shearer to become Manager. I really hope I am wrong and I eat my hat over this. I now wonder if they go through with this, they also appoint a director of football. We'll see.

20. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I think that the English FA requires all top-level managers to be working on or have the UEFA Pro License. I don't think it is a UEFA mandate.

Along those lines...What if Bruce Arena, the DT of the USMNT were to seek employment in England. Not that he has a chance of getting a job (Charlton, Boro, and NUFC are open right now) would he be nixed because he (probably) doesn't hold that license?

Thx,

Jay!

21. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    Good question. And how did he get to manage West Ham a few years ago? Is the rule different for promoted teams?

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    The UEFA "A" license mandatory rule is very recent, I think. Roeder may have at the time just been starting to work on it before he had the brain thingy and got fired. And some people (SAF, SBR) I'm sure were "grandfathered" in rather than sitting in a classroom full of "teachers" telling you how to run a club.

Thx,

Jay!

23. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roeder gets fax appeal

If that's true, we could have an official hiring sometime this week.