The Bet your Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So, I created this thread just to have some fun, for those who wants or are bored.
    I was basically curious to hear everybody's opinion (bet) about who do you think is going to leave in the next transfer window.
    We're talking about JLeague -> Europe transfers.

We can play this little game a couple of months before every transfer window for those who are bored... of course it stops once the transfer window in question starts.
    If you want to do the harder challenge you can also try to point the nation where the player is going but somehow I suspect it's going to be "Bundesliga" :laugh:

The winner (best accuracy ratio) wins, uhm... well, the rights to open one of his listed player's thread in the Japanese Abroad section... :ninja:

If you get the player wrong it's -1 point. If you get it right it's 1 point. If you get the nation right too it's one full extra point, but if you get the nation wrong it's a half point less.
    It'll be fun to see that as usual there will be a player that maybe nobody will even mention (who would have thought Y.Ono was going to leave?).
    Just to give you an estimate, these are the players who left in the last january window off the top of my head:
    Omae -> Dusseldorf
    Kajiyama -> Panathinaikos
    Kinoshita -> Freiburg
    Nagai -> Standard
    Ono -> Standard
    Abe -> Aalen
    Kanazaki -> Nuremberg

sooo my take:

Honda -> AC Milan (lol)
    Saito -> Bundesliga
    Kakitani -> Bundesliga
    Yamaguchi -> ?

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honda->Europe
    Kakitani->Europe

I win.

Whispered11 repped this.
  3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If you read my supersmart point table you'll notice that I'm beating you if those transfers are true. Obviously "Europe" isn't extra points. :cool::cool:
    Playing it too safe won't work :p

4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Ogihara will go to Bundesliga in next 2 years I think, there was an offer from Nuremberg for him I think. Kakitani should be going soon. I think Yamaguchi and Haraguchi may also go.

5. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Rumors are that Arsenal, Inter Milan and Galatasary are looking to get Kakitani in January. Gal. are in front, which i think is BS cuz he wont go to turkey unless it's money. i personally thinks he'll opt for Bundesliga.

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yes it's definitely bs but there is another thread to discuss the rumors themselves =P
    I just wanted people to give it a shot, just out of boredom. I guess you're just expecting Kakitani -> Bundesliga though.

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    betting on transfers to Bundesliga is like saying water is wet. Give a club or it's not funny.

scotch17, OneiroPhobia, c shima and 3 others repped this.
  8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well but you've still got to pick the right players :cool: And every wrong player is a penalty.

In the end if you take a look at the previous january chart, there are 4 players that didn't go there (2. Bundesliga doesn't count as Bundesliga).
    Of course, in the case of Kakitani well know he's going to end there, 80%. But I could just throw a club, I guess "Werder Bremen" since the rumors but it's a shot in the dark... let's do this: you can also add a club and if you get it wrong there is no penalty. If you get it right it's 2 points. Honda excluded. If in the end the legue is wrong it's still -0,5 as penalty

Honda -> AC Milan (lol)
    Saito -> Bundesliga -> Werder
    Kakitani -> Bundesliga -> Werder (someone will go there no?!? :p )
    Yamaguchi -> ?

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Keisuke Honda -> Olympique de Marseille
    Yuya Osako -> Olympique de Marseille
    Hotaru Yamaguchi -> Debrecen
    Hideto Takahashi -> Wisla Krakow
    Manabu Saito -> Angers
    Yoichiro Kakitani -> Botafogo

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No penalty for the wrong team but obviously "wisla krakow" means Poland too ( = penalty when it's wrong) so I feel that you're not going to win, don't cry later.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    What's the prize for the winner ? The real one.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A kiss with Osako

Samurai Warrior, Yosuke and Radu Razvan repped this.
  13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Already done, what else ?

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    you get to train with the JNT.

in PES

enough with the prize, do a real attempt or quit =p

AKITOD repped this.
  15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yuya Osako -> Marseille
    Keisuke Honda -> Milan Achier
    Yasushi Endo -> Bremen

16. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Shinji Kagawa -> BVB Dortmund
    Kakitani -> Inter Milan

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    If Kakitani will join Inter Milan he will simply ruin his future as a footballer. That's all about this huge BS.

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honda -> AC Milan

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lame attempt detected

20. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    how rude. I was just stating my belief that he ll be the only one to transfer this transfer window.

You just jelly cause I let Saito stay with Marinos.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nahh he'd still get some ACL at least :p
    btw, I don't think it ever happened in the last years to see just one transfer, but it's a curious possibility, we'll see. Also 4 years passed since there was a world cup ahead, maybe someone doesn't want to take the risk

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    its just. Well it's hard half a year before WC to switch environment and risk your form playing time and everything resulting in you missing it.

I would say Kakitani 100% if not for that. But idk

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Absolutely true. At the same time though... offers don't always come twice (Kakitani might be an exception here). Unless a team is really invested in you, if you refuse now they will replace you with another one and maybe never come back. That is a first reason
    The second reason is that of course, it's true that you risk missing a world cup, but that works only for Saito, Osako, Yamaguchi generally, because all the other ones, especially those who haven't been called up yet, would actually even boost their chances if their european spell is successful.

btw I didn't put Saito just for fun, I have the feeling that if he gets an offer he will ask to go.
    Marinos' ain't going to let him go for cheap though and we don't know if it'll happen.

24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Kakitani - stays with Cerezo Osaka til summer. scores about 15+ goals before World Cup & signs with Liverpool just before World Cup start (oh, and Cerezo Osaka is in 1st place) :D:D

25. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

it about time some nice sums are given for departures anyway. And yeah those currently not in the first 11 can benefit greately if their half a year European stunt works charms

And yeah if a player is really something he can make a show on WC than offers will be raining. If you are some superstar from Cerezo Osaka

Or Marinos and Kashima for that matter. Clubs will see it as an easy buy