The best team ... ever

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by man rovers, May 19, 2004.

1. man rovers

man rovers New Member

May 18, 2004
    England, The Wirral
    Who is the best team in the world ... ever?

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me, a team is a group of individuals. Meaning that from one year to another with players moving around that a team is not the same from year to year. In that case I really couldn't say (off the top of my head) who the best ever team was. If you're referring to who is the most successful club ever, I might be swayed to think Real.

3. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there some reason Inter and Sao Paolo were included over AC Milan, Arsenal and Boca?

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have thought that those three would have merited a place in the poll, but I didn't make it.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

and is there any particular reason you suggested arsenal instead of AJAX? arsenal are next to nothing historically

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    this is a shameful poll because the choices explain why american fans get no respect - manU? inter?

try again w/ real, bayern, bocas, AJAX, milan, liverpool... something like that

7. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Rangers are the most successful team in the world ever. I believe we are the only team to be into treble figures in the amount of trophies we have won. Fifa gave us a special award in recognition of this.

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal shouldn't be in the poll anyway, but no Juventus?!? The old Lady!

9. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    Really the poll should be. Liverpool, Real Madrid, Ac Milan, Bayern Munich and Ajax. They are the only 5 teams to have one the European Cup more than twice.

10. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    That should be won!

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

and boca juniors

12. man rovers

man rovers New Member

May 18, 2004
    England, The Wirral
    hello man utd have won it twice in 1967 and 1999 get it right

13. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    lol Benfica won two also and lost another ... 5 !!!

14. humstein

humstein New Member

Jun 2, 2003
    best team ever

Best Italian teams have been Juventus (despite the lousy attendance) and AC Milan not Inter.

15. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, its exclusively American to like Man Utd.

C'mon, did an American steal your girlfriend? Get the stick outta your ass.

16. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    thats twice, not more than twice...

(to the guy that mentioned rangers)How many champions league titles have rangers won?

anyways, we all know the best team in the world is Freddy Adu...

17. its called football

its called football New Member

May 18, 2004
    LA, for now
    Do you mean club, or team? Very different things. For example at the moment Fulham have a better team than Everton, Everton are still a bigger club (in terms of number of fans) and have a superior history, only team with 100 years in the top flight, most old first division points scored, most top flight points scored, 16 major trophies won, etc. You need to define which you mean. For me Real or Liverpool (god it hurts to say that) are the biggest clubs, but the Greatest team is much harder to judge.

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Pre-plane-crash Torino was the best ever. I don't really see how it could be rationally debated.

Nick

19. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    I refuse to participate in this poll until the Dallas Burn are included on this list.

20. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    MORE than twice you plum!

21. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    Rangers have never won the champions league or the old European cup. The only Scottish team to do so are the great unwashed. We won the cup winners cup in the 70’s. Over all we are the most successful team in world in the amount of trophies we have won.

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ummmmm i am american...... dumbass

23. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    The dude who started this "poll" lists his location as England man...maybe wasnt the brightest idea to call out some guy for not looking at your user profile when you did the same thing...

check your PM's later though..gotta question for ya...

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

oh i saw it... i just didn't believe it - i mean "man rovers"? that should have been the tip off

25. Invincible Gooners

Invincible Gooners New Member

May 25, 2004
    London
    My word do you actually know anything about history?

To say that Arsenal are next to nothing is totally disrespectful to a great club. Ok they may never of won the ultimate European prize and in modern day terms may not warrant a place on the top table...but to say they have no history in the game is such a false statement.

Pre Second World War they were arguably the finest club in the World and played football that was never seen elsewhere. Many of the World's great coaches viewed Arsenal as a great marker to bringing success to their respective clubs.

As an Ajax fan you should know that Rinus Michels the greatest Dutch coach of all time modelled much of his learning on the way Arsenal demonstrated the 'W' formation and the quality of pace and skill that was required for it to succeed. Ajax have my respect as a formidable club in producing great young talent, but their methods are born from the 1930s Arsenal model.

Historically Arsenal have given to the game much and any true historian of this wonderful game will understand the huge influence the Gunners have placed on the global game.
    The introduction of small things like numbers on shirts, floodlight training, the leather football stitched and many medical aspects were devised and used first by the Arsenal.
    Finally, to enter into a smaller argument here, but Arsenal are third in National titles behind Liverpool (18) and Manchester United (14) with 13 titles spread over the vast majority of every decade since the 30s...if you are looking for continuity and continued success Arsenal are by no means next to nothing...for that..to be an argument with any credence..i suggest you take a good look at yourself and ask...do you really know your football, because for a Dutchman im dissapointed to say you dont......