The best of Supporters Group Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by pc4th, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Half the pictures on this page are not as good as the Chicago Fire pictures. Why are the Fire ones not good enough for this thread?

2. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Then post them already! :)

Btw. I really suggest downloading the videos I posted although they're a bit big ;)

3. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    FC Basel vs. FC Zurich, Intro.

[​IMG]

The text says: "110 years of tradition - Basel, that's us!"

[​IMG]

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCBasel1893, Great videos. As for your pictures, all i can say is WOW.

5. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
  6. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCBasel1893- [​IMG]
    What are those lights? They create a really nice effect.

7. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    [​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]

My 2nd favourite derby in Italy, just behind Lazio-AS Roma.

8. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    I don't know the expression for them in English, but those are normal flare sticks, the same as you might light on your independence day or on christmas or something.

You can also use them in a more advanced way, with lots of black paper as a contrast:

[​IMG]

This is from our Champions League match last year vs. Manchester United. The "V" means "Victory".

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, we call them sparklers. Thank you for the information and the great pictures.

10. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Btw. if you have some Chicaco Fire pictures, i'd really be interested :) I'm not so up to date how far soccer / football culture has developed in the USA. The picture you've posted looks well promising! Which MLS teams have the "best" fans?

11. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
  12. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Yeah i've seen those, and I know about Sam's Army.. looking good. Do you have any club football pics?

I know most Americans care more about their National Soccer Team than the MLS clubs (esp. since a lot of them have no local MLS club anyway), but it should be the other way around IMO.. club football is your every-day bread, that's what everything needs to be built on. For me, national games are more like an "extra" :) Of course the World Cup is great and exciting.. but it's only once in 4 years and i'd still prefer to see my club win the champions league over my country becoming world champion. But that's just my opinion, nevermind ;)

13. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People usually represent well for the national team like in the picture above. As for club teams, I think any MLS fan will tell you that the Fire are the best supported club in the league. Though even we are experiencing growing pains in regards to choreographed displays. Unfortunately, many of the things used in the FC Genoa picture you posted would not be allowed in American stadiums due to safety concerns.

Also, we are still getting used to the dimensions of our new supporter's section. We recently moved from a tiny temporary 15,000 seat stadium to Soldier Field, a 67,000 seat American football stadium.

14. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Greddy sums up the situation in the US pretty well. The DC United supporters were also strong in the past, but since the team has been poor for the past 4 seasons, the supports has dwindled.

Greddy, I look forward to matches in the future between DC and Chicago in SSS's. When we reach that point, the "ultras" coreography may really take off.

15. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    MLS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicago Fire

16. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Hm, and what's the average attendance for the Fire?

I'd prefer a full 15k stadium over a 67k stadium with 20k in it anyday, unless the 15k stadium is really a lot worse than the big one :)

Btw. the fireworks you see in the Genoa picture, or in the Basel pictures and videos i've posted are illegal too of course. Italy is a bit of an exception though since mostly the fireworks are tolerated anyway (on Basel's away match against Juventus, the police saw the flares when the fans entered the Delle Alpi stadium but they pretended not having noticed anything.. and you can see on the pictures that it was well worth it :) ).

17. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We regularly sold out our smaller stadium. We've only had 2 games here, but we've averaged over 29,000 since the move to Soldier Field. Due to the design of the stadium, 30k fans can create a good atmosphere. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for most MLS stadiums. The pictures Gibby has posted are from our smaller stadium. As you can see, the passion is there, but the effect is a little less than impressive.
    Sorry to say, American stadium security are not as willing to help. It seems that the only knowledge they have of football fans is that of the fan violence in europe. The police, at least in chicago, don't seem as worried.

18. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    since the link has changed, here is Chicago:
    [​IMG]

19. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Empire Supporters Club of the Metrostars celebrates the 2003 Atlantic Cup

Uhhhh what is this?? HAHAHA. Is it real??

20. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Next I'll recap our last away match against Grasshoppers Zurich, our eternal archrival.

Basel Intro. You won't get this one if you don't understand the text above: it means "You're not worth more to us". (That's why it's all white.. ;) )

[​IMG]

21. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    and on the other side, the home-team's intro.

[​IMG]