The Best Non-La Liga XI for 2012

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by dor02, Jan 9, 2013.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Since FIFA's team from 2012 ignored non-La Liga players, I thought it would be fair to create this thread.

--------------------- Neuer

Lahm ---- Barzagli --- Hummels --- Chiellini

---------------------- Pirlo
    ------ Kuba --- Yaya Toure --- Juan Mata

------------ Aguero --- Neymar

What's your XI?

MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robin van Persie had 28 Premier League goals in 2012 and Sergio Aguero had 17 but you chose Aguero over van Persie.

3. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    FIFA didn't ignore non-La Liga players for their team of 2012. It just so it happens that all the players selected play in Spain. To be even more specific all but one (Falcao) play for either Barca or Real M.

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The stats favour RVP but Aguero won a league title and the Dutchman flopped at the Euro. I also like Aguero more than RVP. You are a Man Utd fan so surely you would prefer RVP over a Man City player but either option would be fine.

I was also considering Lewandowski and Huntelaar in attack too.

5. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rubbish! Surely Yaya Toure and Pirlo could have made the cut. This scenario would have been more absurd if Italy won the Euros.

Credit to Messi for winning the last four Balons d'Or but Wesley Sneijder should have won in 2010 and Pirlo should have had a much higher ranking. I can't blame Messi for the results but the people who do the voting.

I will say it again. If Italy won Euro 2012, Pirlo should have had this in the bag!

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I would go:

----------------Buffon

Lahm -- Hummels -- T. Silva -- Cole

-------------Pirlo -- Yaya

--------Mata----------Ribery

----------Ibra -- RVP

If it could include La Liga then:

--------------Buffon

Lahm--Hummels -- Ramos -- Alba

-----Pirlo -- Xabi -- Xavi

--Messi --- RVP --- Cristiano

7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    How is Ramos better as T. Silva?

Mata? Cole?

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If player X would've done better, he would've ended up higher in the votings. Agreed.

BocaFan repped this.
  9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Aguero and Van Persie are better than Neymar.

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They are older but they aren't necessarily better. I'm still content with the attack but Aguero and Van Persie in attack are ideal too.

11. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I have no doubt Neymar will surpass Aguero, although don´t know about Van Persie, however, as of now, I think Aguero is more effective and more complete.

12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Buffon,
    Lahm, Barzagli,Seba Dominguez,Cole.
    Paulinho,Pirlo,Mata.
    Van Persie,Neymar,Fred.

13. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    it's funny .. as how you guys rate a player? based on goals? Van Persie looked great but in overall skills and all round playing for the team, Neymar is surely better. Kun has potential to be better than Van Persie if playing elsewhere than Mancity (I think)

14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Neymar is a better dribbler and has more flair, in everything elese Van Persie wins. top speed, acceleration, finishing, physique, heading, passing, teamwork.

15. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes, it would've been different if Italy won the Euro. But since Spain won it....against Italy, Alonso, Iniesta and Xavi deserve to be above Pirlo. Yaya was not consistent enough throughout the calendar year IMO.
    Sneijder in 2010 has been discussed plenty of times before, so I don't plan on going over that again.

16. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Easily, Ramos had his best year. He was key player in Real M's La Liga title and Spain's Euro success.
    IMO T. Silva was better in 2011 than he was in 2012.

17. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    So just because Italy won WC2006 that made Totti or Pirlo better than Zidane that year? Your DOUBLE STANDARD became bigger and bigger everyday

Totally disagree with the (usual) bias:
    Yaya Tourre was as consistent and as good as Iniesta for his team:
    2011-12: Yaya 9goals+9as/44games = Iniesta 9gaols+11as/49games!

18. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ------------------RVP
    -----Neymar--------------Mata
    ---------Pirlo---Toure--?
    Cole---Barzagli-----Hummels--Lahm
    ---------------Buffon

Not sure who would be the last midfielder. Paulinho? Schweinsteiger?

19. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Totti maybe not, but why not Pirlo in 2006? He should've been recognized IMO because he was running the team as much as Xavi is running Spain now, if not even more.

How did Yaya do in CL?:rolleyes: Plus he didn't play in a Euro. FYI, consistency is more than just goals+assists over number of games.

20. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Again, I am not sure you are aware of the FACT: Italy won WC06 with 10players who scored a total 12goals for the team (so STATS said they won as a TEAM, not by any individual)
    somehow ... Totti was the most assisters there (1goal + 4ass) I did not say Totti was the best Italian in that team that event but I would have a HARD time to identify who was the best there
    for me Totti, Pirlo, Canavaro Toni were eqaully , then even Zamrotta or Materazi or Grosso could be named after... them closely .. - hence Canavaro got the LIMELIGHT as he was the captain of the team, plus he wasthe best DF in such WC!!!

About Yaya, it was NOT his fault that he could not play in Euro12! In UCL, the whole "naive" and "inexperienced" Mancity team failed miseraly in the Gorup of DEATH for the 1st time!,,, not like Yaya played badly himself there! Again, not his fault ... but hey, it was always unfair if you played for a lower (in name) team - like Totti for Roma, Aimar for Valencia, or Batistuta for Fiorentia or a Romario who happened to play in Brazil (95-02) ...

21. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Why do you have no doubt Neymar will surpass Aguero? I heard the same before by Brazilians regarding Alexandre Pato. He will be a star, he will win the Balon d'OR, he's better than Aguero, ect...

Neymar is clearly bettter than Pato was at his age. But from what I've seen of Aguero since he was 16 I don't see a huge different in quality from Neymar. Aguero was destroying defenses in the Argentine league at 16 and he's proven himself in the 2 biggest leagues in Europe.

Maybe Neymar will turn out better but it's not without a reasonable doubt.

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  22. normannb

normannb New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ----------------------------Neuer------------------------

Pizschech-------Hummels-------Kompany-------Alaba

-----------------------------Pirlo-------------------------
    ----------------Mata----------------Yaya Toure---------

-------Walcott--------------RVP-------------Neymar---

Unbeatable team. Not quite sure about walcott tho.