The Best Boots

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by speedyturtle4, Oct 28, 2004.

1. speedyturtle4

speedyturtle4 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Crawley ENGLAND
    I think the best boots are World Cups and Copa Mundial which have been going for over 20 years and still rival the top boots today. They are lighter than most boots 240g each compared to Predator Pulses 300g and the Vapors are 200g so not far off there. I am also a fan of F50s as i have also had Predators and prefered Playing in F50s. Vapors maybe incredibly light but the upper is extremely thin not helping when tackling or trying powerful shots. I am also a big fan of Mizuno Morelia Waves and am getting a pair in the post soon- They are almost as light as vapors but have a thicker upper- good for shots and feel etc. What do you think???

2. speedyturtle4

speedyturtle4 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Crawley ENGLAND
    Adidas appear to be the most popular and if you vote 'other' please state. :)

3. OWkEaNe

OWkEaNe New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    NY

nike azt 2

4. Pele08

Pele08 New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    I think if adidas decided to vary the color choice for the copa mundials, world cup, then they would become immensely popular....

5. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adidas Predator Accelerators.

6. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i agree with that - they varied the choice a bit with the samba's and if there was a color choice i liked, i know id get a pair of copas. i also thought the same with adidas and the predator... i got tired of seeing red on every single predator, i wanted different colors(which is supposed to happen this year.) if i could get any boot, i'd get the adidas accelerators(just plain accelerators - no predator) or nike air rio zoom. i've struggled to find any, and when i do i get outbid on ebay.

7. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    I think this poll pretty much reflects what people think of adidas boots. I'm writing this on sunday... However, by monday Nike marketing guys will have discovered this poll and than "suddenly" Nike boots will get more votes! Perhaps I'm a bit paranoid :)

8. speedyturtle4

speedyturtle4 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Crawley ENGLAND
    I have:
    Adidas Predator Manias- 9/10
    Adidas Predator Pulse- 9/10
    Adidas World Cup- 8/10
    Adidas Copa Mundial- 8/10
    Adidas F-50- 9/10
    Nike Talaria- 7/10
    Nike Mercurial Vapors- ?/10 - Haven't worn them yet
    Mizuno Morelia Waves- 8.5/10
    Umbro XAI III- 7/10

9. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    surely, the PULSES ARE THE BEST

10. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Manias, the white (lunar) ones were the best.

11. novascotia

novascotia New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Truro, Nova Scotia
    imagine a white mundial, with the black three stripe, droooooooool

12. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How the fúck can the Vapors be winning, they're wank!

13. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    I wrote this before:
    "I think this poll pretty much reflects what people think of adidas boots. I'm writing this on sunday... However, by monday Nike marketing guys will have discovered this poll and than "suddenly" Nike boots will get more votes!"
    Strange: vapors score highest in the Blister-poll as well, they can't be the best.

14. hectordagreat11

hectordagreat11 New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    this is how I view it...
    I have had two pairs of vapors...and they gave me blisters on my heels so bad that it bled for days...but I also like these shoes very much...after my heels scarred and they toughen up...they were very comfortable...and the ball control I have and my shot is excellent...idk...i see it as no pain no gain? lol

15. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    At the moment my favourites are my F50s. I'm probably picking up some Miadidas Pulses next season but at the moment I'm very happy with my F50s. If I had a small gripe it would be the way they take on water but apart from that they're great.

16. becks1113

becks1113 New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    United States
    I voted other....

Favorite boot of all time is the Accelerator Predetor.... Best shoe that I ever owned.....

I have had Brazils, copas, Manias, Mizuno cup (older shoe), lottos, and currently AZT90 II.

Accelerator kicked ass

17. dex1

dex1 New Member

Mar 27, 2004
    England, Coventry.
    adidas predator precision scored goels with them and could get loads of curl, on the ball scored from a corner with em.

18. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    Yes, Adidas Pred Precision gets my vote too. The most comfortable boot I have worn. Felt really solid. Doesn't have cheap plastic bits like the current Preds!

19. arcticduane

arcticduane Member

May 1, 2004
    Bradford, England
    Adidas F50. I'm playing some of my best football in these. Pred precision very close second. Man babies were sweet in blue.

20. speedyturtle4

speedyturtle4 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Crawley ENGLAND
    I would say that F-50s are the comfiest althogh not when they are wet, Pulsew have the most power, Vapors, World Cups, Mizuno Morelia Waves are best for speed and Puma and Adidas do the ost stylish boots.

21. Ozymandias

Ozymandias New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Agreed, absolutely. What's with all you hotshots who pick a boot on style? Makes me sick. An ounce of performance is worth a metric ton of style. Copa Mundials 1 and Aveiros 2

22. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    wow wherer the azt ii's !?!?! on the list the best would b the Manias

23. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    wow wherer the azt ii's !?!?! on the list the best would b the Manias

24. drkbrent

drkbrent New Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Pantofola d'Oro are the best boots out there. They smoke every other brand in terms of fit, feel, and quality of construction. If anyone cares to know why, I'll be happy to tell you. (I'm new to this site and not sure quite how it works yet!)

25. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well just go ahead and tell us. And if u any questions im sure u can ask any of us.