The Bernabeu bigots - Why are they not banned.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Johnlong, Nov 24, 2004.

1. DC_Gunner

DC_Gunner New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    DC / Cambridge, MA
    The Ultra Sur

2. Topside

Topside New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Don't expect perez to do anything about this, the guy is a big racist himself, so no wonder he is encouraging the ultras to display their stupid signs...

Have you read the book "Diario de un skin". It's a book of a journalist that joined the neo-nazi organization hammerskin and, through this organization, he joined "Ultrassur". He recorded lots of videos and conversations of the skin heads with a hidden camera.

It's obvious that still Ultrassur has some privileges than the normal fans don't have. The book had pics of the fanzine that sells "ultrassur" to finance their activities. Michel Salgado, Figo, Redondo and Raul appear in the fanzine of ultrassur with scarfs with the name of the ultra group. Too sad.

3. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Real Madrid's Roberto Carlos under fire for gift to violent fan

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Real Madrid's Roberto Carlos was criticized by a Spanish anti-racist group for giving his shirt to one of the club's most notorious supporters at the end of a game.

Roberto Carlos was photographed at the end of Saturday's home match against Racing Santander shaking hands with Jose Luis Ochaita, a leader of the radical Ultra Sur supporters' group who recently completed a four-year ban from attending matches for violence.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3604548

4. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland

I can not believe what I'm reading...

5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Believe it. He is not the first player to 'interact' with the Ultra Sur. The last big issue with this group and a player was when Real Madrid played AC Milan in a Champions League match and the Ultra Sur handed Fernando Redondo a plaque after the match. You may remember the incident because Raúl walked out with Redondo - although he didn't accompany him all the way to the fondo sur.

Pretty sad.

By the way, for those of you who read Spanish, there is a really goodn incredible book out by an undercover reporter called "Diario De Un Skin". This guys goes undercover with the Ultra Sur and reveals some interesting stuff.

6. Topside

Topside New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    I am totally disgusted by the whole thing. Perez has big links with the Ultra Surr. I also believe (my view only) that Makelele was sold because of it. Makelele was a fantastic player for RM, yes he wanted more money but this wasn't surprising considering he was the lowest paid at the club. As good as Graveson is, he is no Makelele. As for Roberto Carlos WTF!!

7. AussieMadrid

AussieMadrid New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Australia

Where's the clapping emoticon on this thing?? That was an outstanding post! Well said, mate. :)

It sickens me that these kinds of groups exist at all. My 4 grandparents didn't fight a war against Hitler to have racism and facism come back some 60 years later!

While I'm having a rant I just want to get something off my chest:

Neo-Nazi groups are the most abhorrent groups on this planet! Their "pro-white" nonsense belies their real mantra, which is: "Anti-Everything-But-White". Roll on the day when they are all crushed and returned to the dark ages from whence they came. :mad:

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

I'm not so sure that Florentino has big ties with the Ultra Sur; if anything, I think the ties were a lot stronger with Sanz. I don't know that the Ultra Sur had a whole lot to do with Makelele leaving; I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it had more to do with his asking for a raise. I would love to see Florentino take a real hard stand against these morons. Laporta did something similar (guy received death threats spray painted on his house!).

Spain is going through an interesting change now with an ever increasing immigrant population. Some of these groups are growing in numbers and giving Spain a real black eye. Hopefully more clubs will take stands because many of these groups are tightly linked to football: Ultra Sur, Boixos Nois, Frente Atlético, Riazor Blues, Brigadas Blanquiazules. Garbage.

9. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Real Madrid fined because of insulting banner

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Real Madrid was fined €3,001 (US$3,841) on Wednesday because its supporters unfurled a banner during a Spanish league match that was insulting to immigrants.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3607784

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    From the Guardian:

Roberto Carlos regrets Ultra Sur gaffe Thursday May 12, 2005

Roberto Carlos has spoken of his regret at giving his shirt to the former leader of Real Madrid's radical Ultra Sur group.
    The Brazilian was photographed handing Jose Luis Ochaita his shirt after Real's weekend victory over Racing Santander, just moments after the group had displayed an anti-immigration banner.
    "I made a mistake of presenting the shirt at that moment," said Carlos. "I wasn't aware of the controversial events that had occurred during the game."
    During the match the group had displayed a large banner which read: "They invade us, they kill us. Justice for Spain, justice for Manu". Manu refers to a youth who was fatally stabbed in Madrid, reportedly by a Dominican.
    Spain's government-run Anti-violence Commission has recommended that Real should be fined 3,001 euros for not preventing the entry and display of the banner, which was later removed by a security official from the club.
    Carlos added: "I've suffered a lot of racist abuse at many grounds. Of course I think they were wrong to display the banner, but I didn't see it when I was playing.
    "I'm glad the club removed the banner and proud of the fact that the rest of the crowd at the Bernabéu whistled until they had done it. But I only found out all of that later from the newspapers.
    "I've suffered because of the colour of my skin and I would never get involved in this sort of thing."