The Benfica "Got Arab Money Remix" Transfer Thread [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Joelzinho, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You guys kidding me? Balboa has had what, 1 game and a half in total of minutes.

2. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Eww, your nuts if you think Amorim or Urreta is better. On drugs actually. Urreta is a striker not a RM or Winger. You think Amorim is decent, he's been decent in 2 games, not decent overall. Amorim is trash. He has a good work ethic, but just doesnt cut it on the position he plays in. And doesnt have the capacity to play in his natural position because of the CMs we already have that are far better than him. I want to get rid of him and Binya.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree. I am glad Maku got his move away, he was being benched because of the depth that Benfica have at the striker position, but is still a good player and will be utilized well in the EPL with more consistency I believe.

Amorim and Binya I would send out the door as well, but then we would need to bring in another DM or a CM.

4. No Name Boy

No Name Boy New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    They all play different positions. Amorim is a centre midfielder, playing in the right midfield. Urreta is a forward who plays from the (left) wing. Balboa is the only right winger we have.
    He has been one of the most regular players in our team. Don't know how you can say he is "trash". Mind you Amorim’s role is not the same as Reyes or Di Maria on the opposite side of the field. We play with a clear left winger and an adapted right midfielder. Quique already explained the reason why.
    Katsouranis and Amorim would be the best pairing right now (in my view).

Yebda has vertiginously droped his initial form. Same with Carlos Martins, although he came from injury, and scored a nice goal the other day.

5. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maku will gain experience in the EPL, Im glad for him, he deserves playing time, something he cant get at the moment with Benfica having many strikers, but once Suazo is gone, he might get a position. If he comes back an improved player, I say keep him. But if he does well, most likely there will be a few teams interested.

If we get rid of Amorim, we'd need an RM, because he;'s the starting RM and Balboa doesnt cut it according to Quique. and as for CM, we got Martins, Yebda and Katso so we're all set in that department.

Thats what creates more problems, Quiques bad habit of using players out of positions ( Aimar, Amorim, Urreta and Maxi, although Maxi I cant complin, he's been great).

I agree, Yebda started off as one of the best at Benfica but has gone downhill almost every game. Don't know whats up with him. Martins seems to have improved after his injury, lets hope it stays that way.

Like I said, Amorim has a good work ethic. He hustles to win the ball and has good passing. I give him that. But he simply isnt an RM!!! Plain and simple! He can't cross, shoot, dribble, get past a defender. He can win ball and pass on the ground. Something a CM does, and a CM is what he is. But then again I wouldn't want to see him start over guys like Katso, Martins and Yebda. Only time I would start Amorim as CM is if Binya started, then I'd rather see Amorim. I also wouldn't mind seeing Amorim come in as a sub, but a starter, no. Especially starting out of position.

6. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Are you effin serious? Quique is "sick" of Balboa and regrets spending 4 million on getting him.

http://www.record.pt/capa.asp?id=819364

Wow!!! Just wow! Now Im getting sick of Quique, he makes me sick...

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow, there definitely is some sort of rift between Quique and Balbao then, something behind the scenes for him to come out publicly and make a statement of that sort.

It has nothing to do with Balbao as a player I believe...

8. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If only we knew so we could understand the situation. Wonder what it could be?

9. Mijorho

Mijorho New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Benfica and Bolton Wanderers struck a deal to let Makukula represent the English Premiership side on a loan deal until the end of season.

Bolton will have the option to buy the player permanently, a clause which can be triggered if they offer €5m to the Lisbon club.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think Maku will become fairly decent there.

11. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So if we make it to the CL, which we will, and Quique stays, which he will, then we will have 5 Goalkeepers next season....lol

13. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lmao...at least we won't have to worry about GK's getting injuried or if they suck, just put another one lol.

Im sure if Enke comes, Kameni won't. And Benfica will dispose of the weakest GK.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I supposed. But good luck trying to decided out of our current 3 which is the weakest keeper. Its like Quim, Morreira, and Morreto had dinner one night and decided to implement a rotation policy.

15. Mijorho

Mijorho New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Guess who picked up the check? That's right, none of them. They all tried but predictably dropped it.:D

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    At which point, Ricardo walked into the resturante, off duty from Betis and yelled....."Issooo e uma FRANGO pa!"

17. Mijorho

Mijorho New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    haha indeed

18. Benficafan

Benficafan New Member

May 10, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Moretto will leave and Quim has a possibility of leaving because of his age and form

Personally we should give 1M + Quim for Eduardo :D

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think if we offered Eduardo a sandwitch he would come to Benfica.

20. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And Quim replies..."Eu aprendi com ou melhor frangeiro" (and winks at him) ;)

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    According to Katsouranis, Quique talks bad about the players when they're losing at half time.

http://www.record.pt/capa.asp?id=820443

Isn't a "good" coach suppose to motivate the players in the dressing room at half time so they play better in the 2nd?

22. Benficafan

Benficafan New Member

May 10, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thats what he is trying to do motivate the players telling them to stop playing like shit lol

23. No Name Boy

No Name Boy New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Record is a sportive tabloid. Takes things out of context to get reactions like yours.

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=1034901&div_id=1456#

Do you see anything wrong in his humorous response to 10 year olds?

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well, we didn't make a move, and now Porto have snapped up Miguel Lopes from Rio Ave.

25. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal