The Benfica "Got Arab Money Remix" Transfer Thread [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Joelzinho, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibanez06

ibanez06 Red Card

Jan 1, 2009
    Vice City
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i was asking joelzinho.......:)

2. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That was just random in a thread that is about transfers.

3. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    edit...sorry guy I didnt realize it was under Joels sig...carry on.

4. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Juv are in the race, then I believe Benfica would essentially be priced out.

6. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica need to go get Roberto Enke who is a fantastic goalie and surprisingly actually stated himself he WANTS to come to Benfica again and RETIRE there. We have 3 goalies and no one can rely on. Moreira was better a few years ago before Quim took his spot back.

They need to think twice about going to the transfer market, because if they don't it'll continue like this. And get rid of Binya too. He blows beyond belief! Santander want him, give him away...for free for all I care. He's nothing but trouble. Overly aggressive. Every game, he gets a yellow card and against Trofense got 2. He killed the game. Made everything worse for Benfica.

We need an LB, Ribeiro isnt cutting it. And an RM or RW. Playmaker is a must as well. Aimar is done. Nuno gives provides more for the team tham Aimar.

7. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Quique actually played Aimar at the position he is comfortable at I'd have a better basing if he's a bust or not.

8. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well Aimar had that chance against Trofense because Cardozo and Suazo was upfront in the 2nd half. Still nothing.

Benfica need to play a 4-1-2-1-2

Maxi----Luisao----Sidnei----Luiz(Ribeiro is trash defensively)
    --------------Katso------------
    Balboa/Di Maria-------------Reyes
    --------------Aimar--------------
    -----Suazo----------Cardozo/N.Gomes

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Binya can go..

Aimar we need to keep. You guys are underestimating his talent right now...

10. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No ones underestimating Aimar. We know hes a world class player, but he simply has not shown us any talent that we KNOW he's capable of. Not at Benfica at least. Soo far all he has done was a incredible pass to Suazo. One incredible pass. Thats all hes shown us. All I know is he has to step his game up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5sJvi60mxQ&feature=related"]YouTube - V. Guimarães, 1 Benfica, 2 Época 2008/09[/ame]

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your right, although he has done a little more then 1 pass. But he is definitely underperforming right now. I hope we eventually see the player that wore the Valencia Shirt from 01 - 05, and played for the Argentinian Seleccao.

12. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    That was a great pass, but one pass does not a season make.

Nobody is talking about Carlos Martins. From what I read, he had another forgettable performance in Trofa. So much for being Rui Costa's replacement. I don't understand why this man isn't accomplishing more. He has too much talent to be playing so poorly.

13. Benficafan

Benficafan New Member

May 10, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Carlos Martins is not Rui Costa's replacement just for the simple fact that they play different positions,Aimar is a N10 and was given the N10 jersey BY Rui Costa

Martins = CM

14. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008

I'm liking Binya this season, unfortunety he became a scape goat for bad results.He was unintelligent in our last game but before that he won his place on our starting team fairly, playing better than Yebda and Martins.

15. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rui's replacement was Aimar, not Martins.

16. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Funny How Aimar is Rui's replacement yet Quique isnt using him in the same role.

Transfer news:

“How can I have spoken with another club when I still have a contract with Benfica? Despite that, at this point I am preoccupied with my father’s health.

“It’s true that that I will be flying to Lisbon. The date is not yet defined, but it will be some time this week,” stated Leo.

17. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

18. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  19. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Scolari wants Di Maria at Chelsea!!! Record, Abola and Goal.com are reporting.
    http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=818684&idCanal=11http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=155991
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/724/pre...sea-line-up-benficas-di-maria-for-next-summer

This could be a chance for Benfica to possibly obtain a Chelsea player in the deal. And with Real and Inter having interest as well, Im sure we will get an awesome deal for the kid. This could be Benfica's key to success if they play it right. Chelsea want to dispose of Kalou and Malouda. Chelsea should offer Kalou in the deal for Di Maria, God knows Benfica couldnt afford Malouda but Kalou is probably reasonable.

Juve have their eyes on Adu after Monaco beat Juve in a friendly game recently.
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/2009/01/09/1051614/adu-catches-ranieris-eye-in-monaco-win

I really hope Adu returns.

20. Mijorho

Mijorho New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    P. Ferreira a possibility? Though more unlikely to unload him after selling Bridge to Man City.

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He thinks Amorim is better then Balboa?

23. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah, I know its's a ridiculous thought huh?. He's on drugs! Its funny actually, Ruben Amorim, a CM from Belenenses is better than Balboa, an actual RM from Real Madrid? LMAO!!!

Idk why Quique favors Amorim over Balboa. It makes no sense to me. I mean if Ruben was playing well as an RM fine, but isnt!!! At all! Ruben's had 1, maybe 2 DECENT games. Other than that, h's been useless as an RM.

1) Cant cross the ball.
    2) Cant get past a defender.
    3) Has no speed.

He does show effort however, but lets face it. He's a CM. Benfica will never let him play as a CM. Why? Because we have great CMs. Yebda, Martins and Katso who can play as a defender, DM or CM.

We've only seen Balboa play in a few games, and even in those few games, he has shown hes a better RM than Amorim.

What game was it Balboa started and was taken out after a few minutes becauseQuique was unsatisfied with his performance? Against Guimaraes for the Carlsberg wednesday? Come on give the guy a chance. You can't judge him in 15 minutes wtf kind of coach are you?

This really does bother me to no end...game after game...

24. No Name Boy

No Name Boy New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    I don't think Balboa is better then Urreta, much less Amorim...

25. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I agree. Balboa has been far from impressive. Amorim, although playing out of position, has been decent. He also comes back to support Maxi, something Balboa was failing to do the last game he played.