The ***Belgrano de Cordoba*** Cheering Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by BigSoccer Bot, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    NICE!!! 2 x 0, nice start for Belgrano!

Now I want River to win 2-1 in Monu, so they go to the B with CRUSHED HOPES!

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Belgrano came out confident and never backed down. Well played and they should go to El Monu with a ton of confidence. It''s horrible to see JJ Lopez walking around like he has a death sentence looming over his head.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting match, I thought they were overrating Belgrano but evidently they have one then another thing under the sleeve. In my opinion, it's evident that the halt after the 2-0 favoured River.

4. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    after what the fans pulled, they really should not be allowed into a stadium ever again.

Here's hoping for a 1-0 in el Monu or a 2-1.

5. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its strange because even up until this game i was convinced river would get out of it, and every time they suprise me and f@@k it up. Its pretty shocking to think this time in 4 days river could (and probably will) be in the b. I didnt think river was that bad tonight, they knocked the ball about quite well, good quick movement but they cant break teams down and are not incisive enought Also lamela looked class at times. How many fks did he have?

I feel for the genuine fans, this must be hard to take, though river fans havent done themselves any favours over the past 2 games with these incidents. Any news on what will happen for the second game? Will it be behind closed doors?

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And how many did he perform properly? Only one which ended in an excellent save by Olave. That and Lamela should've been sent off.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vamos Belgrano ************!!!

8. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Way too pissed to post. This ain't over yet, but today it was some special day at the Gigante de Alberdi. Let's finish this on sunday, piratas.

9. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe that's the point. LBDT have a strangle hold on River because of that MOFO Aguilar. It's time to get rid of them. It's time to return River to it's true fan.

My dad a River fan after Aguilar and LBDT wants to see River in la B for 10 years. So when they return they will be rid of those villeros that have take control of River and it's installations.

I feel for the real true River fan, people like GAUCHO, who bleed River each and every day.

Gaucho have faith brother, River can pull it off in El Monumental. Are you going to see the game? Watch it at home?

10. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's a huge possibility they will play behind closed doors to avoid further violence from LBDT.

It's a shame for the non-violent fans that people like the thugs that stormed the field today exist.

11. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They exist in every single club in Argentina, no club is immune. From San Lorenzo to Banfield and Olimpo.

This is something that Grondona caused and it needs to stop. Someone needs to put a cap in his ass to get this to stop.

12. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, let me repeat;

It's a shame for the non-violent fans that people like the thugs that stormed the field today exist.

I didn't even mention a club. It's a huge problem, no doubt. And the fact that it's going to be a very contested match in the Monumental means it could very well be off limits to the general public. It would be a smart move, since a loss for River will undoubtedly end in fatalities for some fans.

13. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Easy back it up, I wasn't implying that you were only mentioning River. I was just mentioning that it occurs at every team.

14. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And I was mentioning the very possible outcome of the return game being played behind closed doors.

I think it would be best, really. I genuinely feel that some people would be crazy enough to kill in the event of watching their team lose.

15. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Considering the emotions of the River fans, it wouldn't be far fetched to think that some Borracho might do something stupid.

Let me ask you this. If going to la B would solve the problem that River has with Los Borrachos, do you think it a good idea to go down?

16. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    IF it would solve the problem, sure. But in all likelihood, they'll go down to the B and the violence will continue down there, too. This attitude of allowing fans to ******** up games like that has to be dealt with by Grondona. They should really crack down on all types of in-game violence. Singing taunt songs in peace is fine, but some of these 'hinchas' go way too far.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Grondona didn't cause it, but he didn't do anything to stop it either, and more likely he has a shared blame with the security forces from a loooooooooong time ago because let's not forget that the police most of the time fails to prevent and more than once fails to stop the incidents. Here's an interesting read: http://www.elgrafico.com.ar/cobertu...mer-bocariver-del-profesionalismo-detalle.php

And that was 80 years ago.

In all honestly I think going down won't solve that problem for River. Now playing at closed doors may be unfair because in the end Belgrano supporters too will miss the chance to go when they didn't do anything, not only it's a generalization for all the River supporters but for all the supporters as a whole.

18. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isn't that kind of the same thing?

19. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But if it saves lives, wouldn't you rather the game be played behind closed doors? I am dead serious, a loss would be likely to produce fatalities on the field.

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not really, he just was keeping up with all the other before him, but nobody remembers them. Who caused it? Who knows it has happened for over 100 years now. And I am still doubting the responsability of AFA on this when the clubs and the security forces are involved too.

Yes, but eh, it could be stopped simply if the police didn't allow in the violent supporters, though in reality somebody who never caused trouble can turn violent too.

21. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what do you want them to do, screen them? Have each ticket holder answer a series of grueling questions before going into the stadium? These things are unpredictable, man.

The best they can hope to do is not allow ticket holders with a criminal past inside, but as you said, anyone can turn violent. In these high-emotion do-or-die games, it's probably best to err on the side of caution, though.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hear this everytime I'm in Argentina. People act like they are powerless to stop this violence. Some even refer to it being a problem of society - Grondona has said this several times.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that excuse. It's simply not acceptable. If you have a gate and a ticket, you can control whatever is going on inside.

Blaming society and culture is an excuse. Secondly not doing anything about it, having the power to do something, is the equivalent of allowing it to happen. Grondona has done just that. He's let this happen to solidify his power.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I will be going if allowed, though it seems it will be played behind closed doors.

The sad thing about the violence is that while yest the mercenaries are the main culprits, futbol does something to argentines. You go to a game and you see a businessman, great husband, great father, well educated, puteando a los jugadores como un loco... the same if you have ever played a futbol match here. People go at it and do EVERYTHING TO WIN

I've been thnking about this alot lately. maybe this explains the failures of River, not just in these past 3 years, but in all the copas as well, and even the failures of Argetnina in mundiales. We argentines want to win too much!!!!!

If River goes to the B there will be hell to pay. But, i'm now prepared for it

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    they just cannot allow the barras in. If River goes to the B let this be the start of cleaning the institution. We can bounce back, but we cannot with these leaches sucking money from the club. They go and ask the players for money. Then one day, Gallardo said no and they hung a banner against him, one of the biggest idols in the club. This needs to stop and these people need to all be shot or sent back to the villas where they came from. Then they will go hang a banner for Cristina to buy the rights to the B Nacional.

All the real fans of River want to be at this game. Not Passarella who didn't even bother to go to Cordoba.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UveofSsh7Bw"]YouTube - ‪Los hinchas gritan contra Passarella‬‏[/ame]

25. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The ones that have a criminal past for football related violence are always the same ones and the police for the most part know who they are, and more likely the identity of those who invaded the pitch yesterday is known to many, I know it's unpredictable but those who have caused problems(Usually more than once) should be the ones not allowed in, without involving everybody else who didn't do anything, of course you can't do anything who haven't done anything yet, nor you should.

What am I saying? The society hasn't been always the same in the past 100 years, yet this has always been present and it isn't a modern fad like some on the media want it to make it has ALWAYS been present, even look at the article from 1931, if it wasn't for the language customs of the time that article could've been pretty much written this year not 80 years ago, it isn't a problem with the society. And I don't see how this is AFA's responsability nor that they have the power to do anything nor that it benefits anybody in AFA at least, the clubs don't belong to AFA nor to any of the other sport associations of the country, nor AFA is in charge of the security because in the end most of the time AFA and the clubs are the ones held responsible when the police makes mistakes with the prevention and the reaction, when neither organizes everything related to that.