The ***Belgrano de Cordoba*** Cheering Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by BigSoccer Bot, Dec 20, 2006.

1. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Re: The ***Belgrano de Cordoba*** Cheering Thread

Yes, you are right. I am sorry for all my anti-River posts. I got emotionally carried away in the aftermath and they were in poor taste. I apologized to locoxriver in the River forum and Moishe in the Boca forum. I would have deleted all my posts myself, but since I am on an yellow, I couldn't do it. So the mods deleted those posts for me.

2. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Re: The ***Belgrano de Cordoba*** Cheering Thread

Don't apologize for that, I can tell you i was not saddened by their demise. I just meant the choice of places to let them have it.

Like the Anti-River Thread in the Boca Forum - Bombs away, mullafuka!

how about the Piratas though, they deserve the love for making it happen, and doing so in a very difficult circumstance. They had to wait until the stadium was empty to go celebrate with their made to wait in their seats hinchas.

3. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's been over two months since the greatest heresy in the history of Argentine football history. It is really incredibly hard to believe the events that took place that 26th June 2011. It is even harder for me to imagine the wild speculations and everlasting consequences following River's relegation. I am not lying when I say that I actually had to wait over a month to realize that River had been relegated when I saw the match against Chacarita. Only then, I could allow myself to believe that Belgrano had obliterated one of the unspoken myths of Argentine football. Only then was I ready to give in to the kind of unparalleled happiness that this historic achievement brings along. Only then was I ready to be proud and outspoken about it. Only then, was I ready to believe that Belgrano had rewritten indelibly the annals of Argentine football history. Thanks to all who sent messages of support and cheers. This little souvenir below along with the surreal emotional rollercoaster that went by that Sunday 26th June 2011 will ride with me until I am finally laid to rest:

[​IMG]

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's really good stuff. It was really crazy at that time, something that none of us will really forget.

By chance did you run the site El Bergantin Pirata?

5. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Great post, great picture.
    You should frame that picture.

But .... today your boys GO DOWN!!

DALE NEWELL'S!!!

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you back in Manchester? I'll be there on the 30th of October finishing up a road trip through England/Scotland and I'm pretty sure you owe me a drink for something. I think it was my musical taste:D

7. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It definitely was. I still remember there was a brief moment just after the match was over where the thought crossed my mind that we would never get out of there alive. The black smoke rising above the stadium wall is still very fresh in my mind.

And yes, I was the guy who brought you El Bergantin Pirata! It was really sad to realise that I didn't have the time to keep it up to date so I just decided to leave it at that. I am a lot busier these days so I guess it will not be soon until I decide to give it another go.

And down we went. It was a fun match anyway but in the end I think we just gave it away. It was a tough loss but sometimes you get to learn the hard way. I am still confident we have the players to give it a good fight this year. By the way, the Newells fans were really loud and cheerful. There was the typical banter and isolated incidents outside the stadium I'm told but nothing really serious.

8. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not anymore. I stayed there early this year but I have been back in Argentina since April and I have obviously forgotten to update my profile! I haven't travelled much this year with work, the baby and all but I may go to Mancs again next year for a few months. Are you cycling through the UK? It's got a beautiful countryside. Anyway, deep down I have a soft spot for Bosteros Riquelmistas so I would gladly treat you to a few pints if we meet somewhere; in exchange, I am expecting a red carpet reception for Belgrano at the Bombonera!

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Ah very nice! Sam Kelly a couple months back gave you a shot out(The site) on his podcast., Hand of Pod.

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almost a damn shame you won't be in England but then again you're in Argentina so good on you. As much as I'd like to cycle through the UK this is more of a birthday trip that my wife is doing for me. We'll be meeting my best friend who lives in Switzerland in London and from there we'll drive to Scotland and start touring distilleries for almost two weeks. Should be a blast for sure plus one of my assistants just got a promotion to open up shop for us in Glasgow so seeing him will be awesome!

11. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are going down. ********. It was good while it lasted.

SupaMario repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’ll see you there...

But, funny, the other day @locoxriver asked about Cristian Romero, who has played at Belgrano, I was gonna mention you but you haven’t been around here in ages so I forgot. Welcome back.

elbp repped this.
  13. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ha, I just replied to loco.

As for my absence, I did a bit of time travelling.

Honestly, I did not think these boards were still alive. I'll try to keep active.

locoxriver and SupaMario repped this.