The beauty of La Liga, its less WAG controlled

Discussion in 'Spain' started by vanquish910, Aug 16, 2007.

1. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    The most beautiful thing about La Liga other than the quality of its football is that the WAGs (wives and girlfriends) of the players don't call the shots here like they do in EPL.

Almost half the EPL if not all players do what their gold digging WAGs want. Seriously, what are they bunch of whoossies???? I mean if you are the one bringing in the big bucks to go shopping may be your career should come before anything. The best part is some of these wags actually get upset when their men cheat on them, hold on, why shoudl they care as long as they get the money.

La Liga is desease free, the desease known a WAGs.

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would disagree, when Robert Jarni left Betis for Madrid it was tied directly to his wife wanting to live in Madrid or England for the shopping!

Serra Ferrer left Betis for Barcelona coaching staff because he wanted to be close to his family who remained in Mallorca while he was coaching Betis. The trip from Barcelona to Mallorca is a short one, versus the Sevilla-Mallorca trip.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Er Pichi

3. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    I never said its not a factor in La Liga, it is a factor but it looks more of a factor in EPL than in La Liga.

Based on what you mentioned these WAGs are a serious pain in the ass. I mean they want the money their men bring home but they wanna control their lives too. And then they complain about how they are opressed, depressed and yada yada yada.

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Vanquish it depends on who you marry. Most spouses are reasonable and understand that at a certain point in their lives they will have to follow their footballer husbands but life after 35 is when Mrs. Footballer gets to pull the strings and rightly so gets to call the shots. They say that marriage is a big compromise and I totally agree on that!

Er Pichi

5. ntn1987

ntn1987 New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    La Liga is D BEST!!
    The Premier League is overrated, just because it is the richest, that doesnt mean its the best. Watching English games is like watching ping-pong, there is almost no technical skills.
    La Liga is d best! D BEST!!!!!!!!

6. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    I guess you have point and I am glad I am not married, who the hell is compromising, not me. But hey if the footballers chose to be married then it is kinda their choice, and some wives and not all actually compromise for their husband's career but if you look at the English wives (of their stars mainly), it almost looks like they marry them for the money and the fame, and then try to regulate their careers, which is not seen in as much in other leagues. I mean could you imagine Veronique Zidane controlling Zizou?? Nope. But you do have a point, you have to be lucky to end up with a nice woman, its like a lottery. Some do and some don't.

7. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    YOU DA MAN!!!!! Much respect to someone who sees why EPL is over-rated. I don't know what your team, even if you are a Barca fan at least your post makes sense, LA LIGA is the LEAGUE of ARTISTS, EPL is the league of construction workers (with all due respect to all the contruction workers).

By the way EPL is considered the ricest league in the world although the richest teams in the world are 1)Real Madrid 2) Barcelona both La Liga, and Juve is in 3rd (Serie A). Most high priced players play in La Liga too. So far the record transfer fee is Zidane's, then Figos. I don't know how EPL is the richest, I think EPL lies about how much they make.

8. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    all this just goes to show that these stupid europeans are getting married too early!! honestly, you're 25, fit, at the top of your sport, a millionaire, why would you even want to consider submitting to one woman when there are another 100 within a half mile willing to screw your brains out?

9. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if she did, he'd be lining up that space right between her t*ts...

10. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    Out of all the posting you nailed it. Why get stuck with one woman when you can take advantage of the situation and screw any hot girl that passes by. Yup!!! I mean most of them are gold diggers anyways, so use the gold as a bait, f**k 'em and forget them the next morning.

11. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    because spanish men have their mujeres in check!

12. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    LOL!!! Eventhough you are a Barca fan, I think we all know what's right in Spain and not in England. Englishmen's joysticks are in the hands of their women and the rest as they say is history.