The Beast Signs?!!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Its only Ray Parlour, Jul 15, 2005.

1. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
  2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been bandied about between myself and mtkillamanjono about whether Baptista really wants to move to England. We've discussed Baptista at the Barça board before the Arsenal rumor.

However, Baptista made the mistake of saying "Barça or Madrid it doesn't matter to me.."
    Rijkaard likes his versatility, and I think Baptista feels that playing alongside Ronnie or Robinho/Ronaldo or even Gilberto Silva at Arsenal would get him on TV and in Parreira's view more often to receive time during the WC'06.
    However, Baptista would be in direct competition between Deco/Van Bommel/Eto'o/Giuly. But due to Non-EU limitations Barça would probably sign Baptista then loan him back to Sevilla for one season while Eto'o and Ronnie get EU passports.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  4. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
    I apologize for the messed up links...

5. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Before Vieira left, it looked likely that The Beast could play as Henry's partner. But now with Vieira gone, he could be played alongside Gliberto. As you know, he has abilities as a defensive midfielder, so he'll fit in nicely in Vieira's place, being an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder at the same time.

What I would be more interested to know is where he could play in Barca. There's no way he'll play ahead of God no 2 (God no 1 being Henry :p ) and E'to, and with the wealth of midfield talent Barca has it's even more difficult to play him in the midfield (that's why Cese was so eager to leave them). Plus, Barca is broke and probably couldn't afford him, but then again the spanish clubs seem to be able to create money from thin air :rolleyes:. With these reasons, I just cannot see him playing in Barca anytime soon.

The Beast to Madrid seems more likely, but then again the people in Madrid have no taste and I do not think he is going there anytime soon.

6. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
  7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope that this happens, IF he is as great as everyone is ranting on about.
    I'll believe it when he has the glorious Red + White kit on and shaking hands with Arsene Wenger.

8. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    What if you see him putting on the special red-current, will you believe that or no...

9. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Wenger must have some kind of divine guidance when it comes to signing. First Help and now Baptist. Names from nowhere, but they perfom for him. You go Wenger. For 15 M, why didn't he go after Owen? That is what Zani would do.

10. mobjack

mobjack Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I read the same story. 15 million quid, not bad.

The Beast is all that, though. He scored 20 goals in 30 games last year. We'll be alright with him on the offense.

11. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Baptista is from nowhere? On what planet? and there's been Hleb rumours going on for over a year...

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Many pints will be had by all.