The Avispa Fukuoka Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Hoolinmazedog, May 3, 2011.

1. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's a really nice preview of J2 over at Rising Sun, I doff my hat to you Matsu, it must have taken some time.

Starting to get really excited about the start of the new season.

2. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Indeed, it was a great job by Matsu, I appreciated it very much. It must be pretty hard to do J2 predictions since most teams are so close in terms of overall strenght. Last year, I never thought Sapporo could make it to J1! Teams like Kyoto and Verdy were terrible in the first half of the season and amazing in the second one. It's good to see different opinions, it helps you to have a broader view of the picture.

Anyway, I see Avispa as the better of the relegated teams now, with a decent squad and a bit ahead of Yamagata and Kofu. I'm betting they're going to earn at least a playoff spot.

3. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Exodus has started at Avispa with Wada, Kobara, Takahashi, Samir, Yatsuda, Miyaji, Yoshihara and Son all leaving the club on the first day after the play-offs.

Pleased about the older players going, they've done nothing to deserve to stay at the club and are mostly the wrong side of 30, but can't see the rationale of letting two 21 year olds leave who have been at the club since they were 18.
    Fair enough if they are not good enough, but we have had nothing to play for since August. Why not give them a run out and get a proper look.

4. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Any idea of who is going to be the new manager?

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hoolimazedog.

6. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The general rumours are saying that it is going to be the guy who took over for the last couple of games of the season, Futoshi Ikeda.
    If that does turn out to be true then I think it probably means we are in serious financial problems, as the guy doesn't really have any history outside of Urawa youth teams. The rumours going along with it are that it will mean the end of Sakata and Naruoka at the club, but that isn't really a big surprise.

I guess Sakata will be picked up by someone, but don't know what Naruoka can now expect. He has had 2 fairly bad seasons at Avispa, and while he occasionally does amazing things he isn't half as good as he thinks he is.

GunnerTNB repped this.
  7. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    More important than the next manager is the next kit supplier.

There is a curse associated with SVOLME, possibly linked to it's use of garish colours and poor quality fabrics.

They have sponsored 2 football clubs in the J-League.
    Firstly, Avispa who started their first SVOLME season with 14 straight defeats and got relegated from J1, and followed it up with the worst season in their history.
    The second team... Machida Zelvia.

If your club announces SVOLME as their supplier for next year then get yourself ready for disappointment.

Saku², Pjdawa and nipponbasse83 repped this.
  8. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What better way to celebrate winning J1 than picking yourself up a mercurial #10 from Avispa who will refuse to score any goals unless they can be considered a thing of beauty?

The race for Jogo seems to be hotting up, and the links to Hiroshima seem to be a step ahead of previous ones as this one is now appearing in newspapers.
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2012/11/28/kiji/K20121128004654800.html

He may well do ok at any club he goes to, including the J1 winners, but there is as much chance of the crowd getting on his back for going absent from games for long periods before sporadically popping up to volley a bicycle kick onto the underside of the bar from 35 yards.

9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Jogo plus Sato. That would be amazing.

10. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Next from the crazy world of Avispa Fukuoka... Our new manager is a guy called Marijan Pusnik from Slovenia.

Seems to have some experience of managing from the Slovenian and Iranian Leagues, but how Avispa managed to find him is anyone's guess.

Don't suppose there is anyone from Slovenia or Iran around who could tell me anything about this guy.

11. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Blue-san is from Slovenia. Maybe he knows anything?

Btw, do you know how Avispa U-18 have been doing the last couple of years? Interested cause of Zaizen, their former coach, is now the manager of Consadole...

12. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Do you know anything about this guy Blue-san? Any favoured formations/tactics? He seems to have been manager at Maribor when they had little cash.

The Avispa U-18 team has only really had Taku Ushinohama come through it during his time at the club. There was also Masato Yoshihara and Son Jyun Ryon come through in the last 3 years but they never made it and were released this season.
    There is currently a Japan U-18 international full-back at the club whose name currently escapes me, and a guy called Morishima who is younger but plays with the 18 year olds as he is supposed to something a bit special.

The club are in the Premier League for West Japan U-18s, and seem to hold their own, but I was very surprised to hear that he made the jump. He was at Consadole for a long time before coming down to Avispa so I think they are hiring him from that more than what he has done for us.
    Recent U-18 scores: 2-2 Okayama Sakuyo HS, 1-2 Cerezo, 1-0 Estrella Himeji, 0-0 Sanfrecce, 7-0 Tokushima, 3-0 Roasso, 1-3 Cerezo, 0-0 East Fukuoka HS,

13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    thanks! Doesn't seem he accomplished much with the U-18 team, so must be his connection to Consadole and Hokkaido that landed him the job

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I support Avispa

cause I love Level 5
    :D

15. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What about Jogo? And what about Avispa's future?

16. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Seems Avispa are safe for now. They got the cash collected they needed to run for the next season.
    http://kyushu.yomiuri.co.jp/news/national/20131115-OYS1T00656.htm?from=tw

I also hears a rumour that the reason why Avispa got short of money was amongst them that Fukuoka Electric Power after 2011 nuclear problems couldnt pay avispa money..... can anyone confirm this?

GunnerTNB and Whispered11 repped this.
  17. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
  18. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yup, it was announced before christmas, which was the best present I could imagine, as he is a soccer loving man born in Fukuoka, and I think I read he was closely related to the early days of Kashima Antlers, when the good old Zico was there :p

I hope he is our man! We need to get out of this depression. This year was tough, but we'll rise again.

GunnerTNB and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @OishiiUdon are you behind this lol

https://twitter.com/sisinio21/status/776860876855017473
    https://twitter.com/sisinio21/status/776863445425807360

https://www.facebook.com/sisinio.martinez/posts/10208303305687073