The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    hes funny did you see his interview with sky just now?

2. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    we need to hope Barcelona ******** up and we win the next games.

3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Banega volviendo a BOCA

4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I did not

5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    haha laura woods interviewing

6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol classic Mou

I still have a small amount of love for him but that’s it. He’s done as a coach for the most part.

Can’t believe people recently wanted this guy back at Madrid. Never again!

Hsain85 repped this.
  7. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    agred with everything, but in his defense, that was 100% penalty. But glad it wasnt, free entrertaining interview :D

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho should have transitioned into national team football by now. Everything about him feels outdated. He was such an important figure for football, a trailblazing young coach, that then transitioned into a supervillain, but I feel like he gave everything. He innovated at Porto, reached cult status at Chelsea, perfected his method at Inter which is where he peaked. He became the ultimate villain in Madrid. At some point you've said it all, you've done it all, your language feels tired and outdated. He couldn't connect with the team at Manchester United, you could feel him talking about the good old days just by looking at him.

Go to a national team where you can dump all your experience and effort into short strong stints. Rehhagel did it to legendary level. Santos did it. Come on Mou. Just get with the program.

ahnaf, J-Mezzy, Digital and 6 others repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One thing I want to say is that when Zidane said he doesn't see himself coaching way into older age, I feel that he's recognised that at some point, you just become outdated, you've said everything you had to say, did everything you could do and you're becoming a caricature of yourself.

This is also something that I notice with Lopetegui, especially this season at Sevilla. He seems to be so well trained academically, a really well read coach with tons of on field experience. But he doesn't have the personality. Everything about him screams great football teacher, but not great leader.

Digital and Bear Crotch repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mourinho's style of working is outdated. ZZ has managed to get the team to work as a unit defensively without all the personal attack Mou used to do. And Mou is a lot older now so he must have lost the old hunger for success and there will be a generation gap with current players unlike Lampard, Terry, Essien, Drogba etc or the Inter squad. It was starting to become evident at RM itself where he clashed with Ramos, Ron, Pepe, Ozil etc.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think what Zidane has done, and that's where I believe that he is sort of an innovator, is pull the experienced players into the coaching of the team. Players are molding and shaping the team, they have more responsibility. Ramos is basically part player, part on field coach. That freedom of expression gives the players more confidence.

I don't think he lost the hunger, but he can't connect with the players the way he did. His passion translated into creating a tight group inside the team, a spartan like mentality where the group became enamoured with the idea of it being them being against the world. The former generation of players, criticised for their lifestyle and personal life before social media took his ideas to heart.

But now players control their own message, their own media. Griezmann gets criticism for being too laid back, too friendly, too much into fashion, but that's what he wants to be. Getting in his face and telling him he's a warrior won't do shit for him. He's comfortable with who he is. Zidane seems to allow the players to be who they are.

Ssr9, Lyra, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  12. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The end of Mourinho’s reign at Madrid was horrible. To have even the Portuguese players turn on him tells you all you need to know. The amount of drama he brings is so tiring.

He was in a way a necessary evil for us at one point but thank god we moved on.

Mourinho current is tactically inept & his man management skills at the highest level is poor.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't say that he's tactically inept, but what he does now is a lot less special than it was 10 to 12 years ago. It's the way things go. What guitarists did in the 70s, Steve Vai and Satriani were performing with their eyes closed and the guitar behind their back a good 15 years later.

Everything moves on.

14. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think a good counter example to Mourinho was Alex Ferguson who was smart in the way he built and rebuilt teams so his message was never too repetitive and he never lost his ability to lead and influence. Guardiola took another approach with similar end result: switch teams and start a new cycle. Much easier to do, but you'll need a patient board room that believes in you.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with so much of what you said here expect for the last paragraph. I don’t necessarily disagree with anything in the last paragraph but I think there is more to it than that.

Zidane has something special to him that can’t be recreated & it can barely even be described. The respect this guy commands is on a different level. He’s as humble as it gets & at the same time he’s as confident as it gets. You can’t fake that.

He literally has an aura to him. CR doesn’t even have that. I can’t think of many athletes that command that level of respect. Only Michael Jordan comes to mind.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I agree with that. The image of Zidane that I have is him whispering in a players ear, vs a coach like Guardiola who always appears to be yelling and gesticulating. Zidane is just different.

hala_madrid722, Ssr9, ahnaf and 2 others repped this.
  17. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Zidane reminds me of Michael Corleone in GF1.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Love the kind words Zidane is receiving now versus last year around this time... heck even this winter.

Hope they continue when he needs support and aren't only there when all is going well...

ahnaf, AriGold and petros93 repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane turned things around when he inserted Fede into the starting lineup and established him.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Zidane inserted Fede when he returned, finishing that abysmal season last year.

He was getting insulted throughly throughout that. Heck he was getting insulted throughly through this season as well to the point people asked he be replaced by Mourinho, Pooch, etc.

You definitely know this.

AriGold and petros93 repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correct, except it sounded better when the guys in the 70’s played it, lots of technical players around without much feeling, not that this has anything at all to do with Moo and his methods lol

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

23. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Bayern will destroy Barcelona
    Atletico are already at the semifinals,i expect Atalanta to shock PSG
    Unfortunately i expect City to go through and they will beat Juventus.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1281536117053980673 is not a valid tweet id

PSG, Atlético have a great chance of making the final.

25. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Another Real Madrid vs Atleti final would be embarrassing for all other leagues.

J-Mezzy and Bear Crotch repped this.