The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jovic has already show up against a borderline village team in Germany. The standards demanded from him are a bit higher now.

2. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure about those sentiments specifically but many Barca fans from what I've seen seem to be rather impressed with what they saw today.

They won 1-0 against a team that never left the dressing room and for the ridiculous amount of possession they had, only scored one goal today and that was after Granada went down to 10 men. Nothing about the game today proved that this Barca side has what it takes to finish the season with any silverware.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't understand what you're saying?

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Valverde or Setien, I expect them to keep it competitive until the end. Whatever the tactics, they have the quality to get results against the rest.

It’s in our hands. They’re have a +2 goal difference on us and we have the Clasico in the Bernabeu.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Soutien has them playing Barca ball vs a team that won't push the issue. As I said before, if there was any justice they'd have to run it back vs Liverpool so we can see if the Valverde truly was the problem or not.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haaland has done nothing that Jovic hasn't done so far. I have no clue in what way he is what anybody expected Jovic to be.

7. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    It doesn’t mean much, but in a lot of football forums they act like they’re back. Well, this way it feels even better when they choke in the CL again.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Given that he started with Rakitic , Umtiti and Roberto at RB .. I’m not sure he’s been watching much of Barca over the last couple of years

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Seems a natural scorer.. what we were expecting Jovic to be.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The fact that he’s making it difficult even for the deadweight players to leave is a bit discouraging

Lyra, Saeta Rubia, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  11. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    It’s a golden cage.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No surprise, anyone would know that there's no way Zidane was going to allow Jovic to succeed, much less flourish. It was always in the cards that he would be ruined so Benz can comfortably continue as the uncontested starter.

13. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unless the rule had been changed, the goal difference is irrelevant, unless the game in Madrid ends up 0-0. ..Right?

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct.

My point was to expect them to do well points wise, but we control our destiny.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, they are dumb stubborn like that.

However doing this to and older Cavani is much different than doing it to the young country poster boy. Also it's easier to pass on whatever meager offer atleti put up for Cavani than it is to be too stubborn and let €300M walk out the door for free.

If they don't accept his wishes he could just leave and that would be even more unbearable

16. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Liverpool 7 clean sheets in a row. Wow damn.

Anon. repped this.
  17. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not really. We played many, many games like shit. He can still bring an improvement and still not be good enough to beat Liverpool.

Prit Javier repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bayern were also the best team from 2012-13 onwards until they lost 5-0 to RM in 2014. Liverpool are the best team this season, but attack isn't as scary as last season. Just pointing out winning the league so early can be a disadvantage. Remember Bayern started to lose dead rubbers after winning the league before CL semis and never hit peak form at that time.

Deep Pal and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  20. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m not worried about Liverpool, i really hope we meet them in the CL

Deep Pal, Prit Javier, Stiliyan and 2 others repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is no offer Atleti could make that would be better than not having Cavani for the rest of the season.

Stiliyan repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal, temesgen, lukita and 5 others repped this.
  23. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This has been the case for so many years. Every time Messi fails to control a pass, the ref calls a foul (because hey, Messi is perfect). I don't like to be like this, but it has been something I've hated for years. It simply doesn't allow the opponent to play a damn game without being stopped every single time they try to recover a damn ball...

Deep Pal, Anon. and S1na repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odegaard had a really bad game vs betis in 3-0 loss

25. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Barça 1000 thousand passes and 1 goal against a 10-men Granada at Nou Campy. lol.

They have Valencia next and Valencia loooves to open their legs for Barça, but thankfully Barça's best player, Parejo, won't be playing.

But yea, as expected, media is already going crazy about the alien team of the thousand passes (even though only 200 were forward passes).

Shay Z, S1na, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.