The Arsenal vs. Newcastle, Premier League Matchday 13, 27 November 2021

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Nov 24, 2021.

1. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Yes, and it's very worrisome

2. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Yep, and to me they're more talented than the Ramsey/Wilshire duo so this would be a catastrophe for the club especially considering the market and how spending goes. Again, the fact that we have gotten nothing out of Pepe/Martinelli/Nkethia as well as AMN is no bueno going forward

daedalus and DaPrince84 repped this.
  3. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    I think there are short term and long term workload concerns. I have zero worries about them playing once a week in the PL with no midweek action. In fact, I'd be hesitant to give them a rest or the 2 week break might leave them rusty.

Long term rest is a concern for Saka. He was rushed back after the Euros and has been in a funk all season, really until Newcastle, and now he might be hurt again.

But it's all going to change - 9 matches on the schedule between now and City on 1/1/22. Arteta's going to have to rotate.

4. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York

I'm kinda cool on his England involvement, imo a player his age should be rested fully. Good points on the once per week game. Still don't like the 3k minutes played at his age which is mostly due to England to be fair.