The Arsenal @ Villa - 2/18

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Silva 5, Feb 15, 2023.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The most i risk is the local unsealed farm roads which have a lot of pot holes and I find i really have to concentrate not to miss my plant

I'd love to do trail running but i really don't trust it

maskito repped this.
  2. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Unless I am missing something they blame him for missing the penalty that lost the game. No comments on the fact Kane should have been taking that pen. Or any of the other more experienced players.

But there are shit people in the UK who blame him for losing that match because he took the last pen.

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sterling and Rashford get fouls called.

Saka is too nice to these neandrethals.

4. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one moment he wasn't too nice led to his yellow.

maskito and DaPrince84 repped this.
  5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know the arsenal match was good but calm down

maskito and yossarian repped this.
  6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    people were being racist to rashford when he was trying to get free school dinners for kids

this country is full of under cover racists in middle class areas and proud racists in working class backgrounds

look at the Chelsea fans who adored drogba but were pushing black people off trains in France

fact of the matter is, my fellow country men are struggling to come to terms with the fact that 90% of our sporting heroes are black or mixed race

it’s quite hillarious. As a white guy I get to hear a lot of bigoted statements and stereotypes still when there are no black people about

doesn’t seem like it will stop till the middle aged gammon die out

danielh, Shen-O, Serengeti_Boy and 5 others repped this.
  7. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Rashford plays for United, the man gets calls stepping out the coach

8. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    The funniest thing to me in all of these incidents is that you see all these black players crying on social media about racism and the white women they have kids with or are married to are just posting photos on IG its all fascinating to me. Like maybe Im crazy but IF I was married to a white woman, which is as likely as Jesus returning today, she would have to speak up about that sh*t on my behalf cause what the hell else are you here for? Bigup my guy Raheem Sterling least he kept it authentic

9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of the Katherine Ryan story about how people would initiate the "trouble with immigrants" conversations with her despite the fact she's an immigrant to UK. Wonder why she gets a pass?

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just like the brexit voters in Spain

get dem foraners owt arr cuntry

Didn’t see themselves as immigrants but as ‘ex pats’

DutchCane repped this.
  11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. And Sterling was abused because he bought his mum a house? Like for rising above his station?

DutchCane and thebigman repped this.
  12. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I do think a reason for the hate is Saka outwardly complains about tackles instead of just diving

DutchCane repped this.
  13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    that’s why sensible players left in the past

I especially don’t blame hleb and cesc. They were hacked to death

DutchCane and Shen-O repped this.
  14. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let the record show I said Jorge would be great for us and would surprise people. He was a baller at Napoli! The good player is there, Chelsea just a crap can right now

took about half a day to recover from my night out and watching Arsenal lol, I didn’t realize City dropped points till around 2pm local time, what a great boost to the day

15. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #265 NorthBank, Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    In the match report that I happily ripped up at 93', I was gonna offer a few consolations about a score draw, accentuating some really high quality goals that we'd witnessed all around.

But then Gabi set up Jorge's amazing shot, followed by Ramsdale & Vieira's feeds to Martinelli. Both those goals aided by our good ole friend Emi. :laugh: And we ended up with 4 on the day!

Edit: rewatched Martinelli goal and now realize Ramsdale wasn’t involved. Started with headed clearance by Saliba who tracked with the CA until Gabi was clear through.

So we should take the confidence of 4 goals against a mid-table team, into our next 3 fixtures against mid/lower-table teams. Teams who tend to have most porous defenses this season.

Of course we'll gladly accept any of our boys scoring in those games, but if we can somehow manage to get Eddie 1, 2 or 3 goals in those 3 wins, we'll be right back into the supreme position we were in a month ago, but this time after 26 games in, nearly 70% of the season played.

Two days on, and I'm still buzzing. Onward!

thebigman repped this.
  16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've now listened to 4-5 podcasts covering the weekend and sadly not one of them has explained this 3-man cross-legged celebration. Yes I know I'm a little obsessed by this, but after googling I find that perhaps I'm not the only one.

Oh well. But here's something I just heard which made me chuckle. On the Totally Football Show, which is known for James Richardson's punny witticisms, here was his opening script:

"Arsenal fail to screw the pooch, in front of man from Turner & Hooch. Meanwhile it's hard on City as Steve Cooper's Wood gives Gunners unexpected boners."

Not bad that?

17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some things are meant to be kept in house or in squad rather.

18. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why does this matter to you?

19. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Arseblog did a great write up on the positive things Jorginho brings to the team.

https://arseblog.com/2023/02/tactics-column-jorginhos-passing-gets-arsenal-purring/

Good write up that Jorginho isn't the physical monster that Partey is, but that his ball use is elite.

The Jitty Slitter and Shen-O repped this.