The Arsenal @ Fulham

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Silva 5, Mar 10, 2023.

1. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Damn you autocorrect. Didn’t catch that one before hitting post. Glad you guys had fun with it.

2. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Tifo highlighted Trossard as they key to Arsenal's success today.

Shen-O, Silva 5, And_ROOS and 1 other person repped this.
  3. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006

Diverse attack. If Jesus hits the ground running Arsenal could end up with four double digit goal scorers.

Shen-O and Silva 5 repped this.
  4. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Not only that, Trossard is the first player to get 3 assists in a first half of an away game.
    He is now 5 assists in 5 starts.

[​IMG]

Shen-O, Silva 5 and NorthBank repped this.
  5. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Several have mentioned that this was probably Xhaka’s best match in 2023. This pass nicely summarizes his play today.

danielh and Silva 5 repped this.
  6. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t have cable, so Peacock is my only way of watching. The streams have been rock solid for me, though. I usually run on my phone and AirPlay to the Apple TV. Good enough I could make out DILF on Mick Jagger’s hat.

NorthBank repped this.
  7. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do have ongoing gripes with Peacock. I started watching the match yesterday from the beginning while the live match was in 2T. When the live stream ended, I was just getting to the end of 1T but got locked out. Peacock is making me wait until the replay is up ~24 hrs later to catch the rest.

you would think a streaming service that I’m paying for would let me watch the end of what I started watching. Apparently that’s not in the business plan.

NorthBank repped this.
  8. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's garbage. I've been afraid to watch games on Peacock on delay for fear that something stupid would happen and have been fortunate to avoid a similar situation this far.

9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny. For me sitting at a good distance from my old small-ish TV I thought it said GOLF but then I said to myself "no way". So thanks for clearing that up. But OTOH I kinda wish I didn't just look up what DILF means. Sitting happily next to his U8 son (I presume) he's declaring to the world that he's wide open to hookups. Call me old fashioned, but let's just say I wouldn't want to (a) do that, and (b) explain to my son what DILF stands for. :laugh:

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I've been screwed by this myself. It makes zero sense to me on any level, technical or legal. And it's surely customer-unfriendly. And it's one of the many aspects of the new streaming landscape that badly needs improvement.

11. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One small improvement on Peacock from last week that I forgot to mention in that match thread: At the end of the crazy Bournemouth finish, they didn't just cut the feed and continued to show the post-match celebrations on the pitch. That typically hasn't happened in the past, and I don't expect it to always be that way, but I was certainly grateful that the most basic level of coverage was met last weekend.

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but I think that's the exception not the rule. Most Peacock matches I've watched have finished abruptly, seconds after FT. Another one of the many things they could improve upon. And by "they" I'm not sure if it's more NBC or the EPL's world feed or a combination of both. In years past, when these "secondary" matches used to appear on NBC's overflow channels I recall there used to be more generic post match coverage, wrap-up, analysis, highlights, etc. I even think they might've done that more when NBC Gold came around (the Peacock predecessor). Again, I'm not sure who's really in charge of this, but I'm pretty sure it's a bummer for most fans to have the coverage cut out suddenly, right after FT.

13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't listened to the "monday morning pods" yet, but I was just thinking about yesterday's match and perhaps my favorite memory was Odegaard's goal. He is so supremely talented with his ball skills, he should be able to score many more goals I believe, and yesterday he realized that potential, with calm, control & skill that enabled a goal that not too many other pro footballers could pull off. And I hope for his sake, for his teammates, for his coach, and for us fans of his, we see many more of those!

14. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    He scored a goal maybe 4 or 5 matches ago where we either got a turnover from the press, or hit on the counter, he ran up the middle of the pitch with the ball and had players in arguably worse positions to his left and right, and instead of making the pass he carried the ball close to the box, shot from distance and scored.

Last year he tries one of those passes, and we likely generate a chance but no guarantee of a goal. But this year he takes the chance on himself and scores.

I actually think either next year or the year after we see Ode go up another level. And considering the level he is at right now, thats ********ing scary for the rest of the comp.

I was a big fan of him when we took him on loan and was so keen for us to sign him. If he sticks around for long enough, we will win plenty and he will end up being talked about with some of the best captains this club has ever had.

NorthBank repped this.
  15. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006

It’s Mick Jagger, he’s been ffing around for nearly six decades and has kids with multiple partners. The hat should probably read GDILF, but it’s certainly not out of character.

NorthBank, ArsenalJake and yossarian repped this.
  16. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    GGDILF would be more accurate.

ArsenalJake repped this.
  17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying he's a great granddad? Or what?

18. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Surely by now he is a great-grandad. Surely.

19. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This was a great match. I can’t wait until we win this ting!

20. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Looked it up, you’re right, per Wikipedia:

Jagger has been married and divorced once, and has had other relationships, resulting in eight children with five women. He also has, as of 2021, five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

And_ROOS repped this.
  21. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I was just being facetious based on how old the dude is I am actually surprised I am correct.