The Army Invades Chicago!

Discussion in 'Laclede's Army' started by rokagrl13, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Date:Sunday, June 6, 2010
    Time:10:30am - 7:00pm

The game is at 5pm at Toyota Park!

Seeing as how some of our players are now members of the Atlanta beat and our former goalie Jill is already up in Chi-Town, let's make this the send off that our girls never got.

If you are interested in carpooling, let me know. There will hopefully be 2 cars going.

Chicago will be honoring our unused Athletica tickets at the game so you won't even need to pay for one if you were a season ticket holder!! If you are just going anyway, come walk over and say "hi". We love meeting fans from all over.

It is on FSC so we will be there to cause chaos like always still wearing green and cheering for our ladies that will forever be in our hearts as Athletica players. We cheer for the love and for our players first and foremost.

2. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. flamepruf

flamepruf New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Jackson, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO..really.

hey I told Kev, but I'll tell you since I still never got a PM return...I'm on vacation but already have plans to go camping. Have fun and be loud for me boss.

4. CoCo_S_T_L

CoCo_S_T_L New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    When/where are we meeting? What section are we sitting in?

I'm heading to Chicago super early so I can see a friend, but I can get to the park whenever everyone is planning on meeting.

5. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rokagrl has more of the details, but if we leave on time, we should get up there between 3:00 and 4:00. If you already have Athletica tickets, you can redeem tham at Window 9 and ask for Blayne, according to the Red Stars. We all plan to do this together, so our seats will be together.

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not the ONLY time you guys will be doing this right?

I suppose the Red Stars will have to be our team now in a sense because they are the closest geographically to us.

For those that can't make it I suppose the Army will travel again to Chicago at other points during the summer/early fall?

7. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think you've been paying attention.

[​IMG]

8. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I see that but driving to Chicago is a lot easier than driving to Atlanta.

9. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    http://www.thetelegraph.com/sports/chalupny-41101-athletica-louis.html
    "For some Athletica fans, Sunday was one last chance to see their favorites play - and chance to say goodbye. A large contingent of St. Louis fans - clad in the team's green-and-white colors - beat drums, blew horns and raised as much havoc as they could manage.

"It was fantastic," Chalupny said of the noisy St. Louis fans in the crowd of 4,227 at Toyota Park. "Athletica fans were amazing. It was so neat that so many of them drove up from St. Louis to see us."

10. AlwaysAthletica

May 28, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, my daughter and I were there, too. Although we didn't sit w/ the Army during the game (our seats were in front row next to Atlantica's bench) we met up afterwards. The Army is made up of some really super people - nice, well educated in soccer, fun! Hopefully we go next time & we'll sit w/ them. I know Chicago kids had fun mixing it up with the drums!

For us, our highlight was seeing the Atlantica girls come out onto the field for the pre-game warm up; seeing us jumping and screaming & waving our flag. They smiled, waved, clapped & blew kisses! Tina and Hope had the biggest smiles of all! We love our players - current and former!

Rokagirl - you totally rock! Loved meeting you! Best wishes and know that those Laclede's Army scarves went to really appreciative and good homes!

11. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our two goalkeepers hug after the match:

[​IMG]

Group Picture following the match:

[​IMG]

12. CoCo_S_T_L

CoCo_S_T_L New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Thanks for posting the pics CK. I saw them on Facebook too. It was a fun road trip. I just wish the next ATL vs. CHI game wasn't on a weeknight. I would have loved to have a repeat of this past Sunday.

13. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is next time? How often is Laclede's Army going up to Red Star games?

14. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure on both accounts. I have the ATL and CHI schedules and need to compare those with vacations, etc before I make any decisions. I'll make sure I post them here as soon as i do though so we can make the final call. :)

15. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see how Atlantica basically has all our best players so they are basically the Athletica east but it makes more sense geographically for us to follow the Red Stars although I suppose we could be fans of both teams.

But since it's a MUCH longer trip to Chicago than Fenton you may only want to go there once in a while i.e. only or mostly for Atlanta games.