The "Aprendendo Português" Thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by MetroChile, Dec 2, 2011.

1. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    what the ******** is this? Btw, the text makes no sense... how would you know her pussy smelled good if you two were just talking on the beach?

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    For a minute there I thought I was the only one who thought this was way too weird to respond to.

3. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #178 Jaweirdo, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Thats what I was going for, so did I do ok?

4. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah I know it was completely random and perverted. I literally wrote whatever came to my head that instant because I didn't want to give myself time to use words I already knew in portuguese.

5. Bora Brasil

Bora Brasil New Member

Jul 13, 2014
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Santos FC
    LoL (a lot!)

Dude, promisse you wont never talk to a girl like you wrote this text!

By the way, have you ever heard about "conjugar de verbos"?! Certainly it will help you (a lot!) to learn how to speak and write the portuguese verbs correctly.

6. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no I havent. What did I conjugate improperly?

7. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have trouble conjugating things forsure

8. Bora Brasil

Bora Brasil New Member

Jul 13, 2014
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Excluding the first verb "estava", all the others ones!

And for you all that is learning portuguese: please, do not believe in every tip, correction or explanation you 're seeing here. The best way to correct yourself is always consulting a dictionary ou grammar book.

9. Bora Brasil

Bora Brasil New Member

Jul 13, 2014
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Ok, I'll help you to correct those verbs instead of the disorderly and promiscuous text! PM

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If anyone's trying to learn or brush up on skills I'd suggest Duolingo. It is free and pretty damn good. The app is pretty addicting.

onefineesq and MerlinRM repped this.
  11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    How does it work exactly?

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The cell phone app is very similar to the website. Your progress is tracked on both also. Duolingo sets up almost like a pyramid. You start at the top and work your way down. For instance you would have to finish the categories basic 1 and basic 2 before you could move onto animals. Once you learn a skill you can go onto the next skill. Duolingo will keep incorporating other stuff you learn as you go on. Your previous skills can weaken so it lets you know which one you can go back to practice. It's tough to explain but like I said the cell phone app is addicting and very easy to use.

MetroChile repped this.
  13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    don't learn the brazilian kind unless you wanna sound like a Retard

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Too late for me. Pretty much all the software is targeted towards the Brazilian style also. I honestly don't see the point of learning the Portugal style. Why is it retarded anyways ?

15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    cause you obviously set low goals for yourself

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's just what use would I have for learning that style of Portuguese? At least their is some economic reason to learn the Brazilian version. Obviously you are mad at Brazil today but I'm just curious.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're entertaining this ? :ROFLMAO:

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol. I honestly wanted to hear where he was going with it.

19. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    oi, tudo bem?

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm far from a conspiracy theorist or complainer but i'm honestly convinced Brazilian Portuguese is made so poor people and foreigners can't master it. I like the language and I'm having an overall fun time learning it but god damn man... How many e words do we need that look the same? Fuk Naquela, naquele, Daquela, deste, desse, neste, and others. Plus Brazilians have to be the worst people in the world at understanding people who suck at their language.

21. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    All Latin languages are more or less this, and it could be worse if Portuguese had directly evolved from classical Latin rather than from vulgar Latin.

22. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Be lucky your not learning Italian.

But Portuguese really is a tough language to learn. And once you learn it, it continues to be really frustrating trying to understand the 20-some completely different accents and ways to talk from the different regions, especially the non educated or sheltered ones.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do you have a hard time understanding the Rio accent? Is the Sao Paolo accent easier for you? What did you do to practice listening when you were still fairly young in development? My listening is pretty dreadful and far behind my writing and reading. My speaking varies by the day.

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Rio for me was the easiest along with an educated Sao Paulo accent. Mainly because that is what you find on all news shows, radio shows, tv, and movies. Getting accustomed to listening is the hardest thing in learning Portuguese, even for cariocas and paulistas. I was a little extreme in my methods, as I listened to radio and podcasts every second in the car, while running, and falling asleep at night. It takes a while to get accustomed to the slang, intonation, and pace. This was my first stage of comprehension.

I thought I was great until I started to meet other brazilians (educated ones) that were from Minas, the Nordeste, the South, etc. For a non native used to News/Radio portuguese and that from educated paulistas its a completely different experience. I got embarrased when I tried to talk to them and it was hard to understand.

The next level of comprehension was actually going to Brazil and trying to understand non educated brazucas or ones that never left their home cities. Even for the state of Sao Paulo it's tough. Trying to understand "Mano Portugues" or a heavy Caipira accent and way of speaking is very humbling. It gets time to get used to.