The Announcer

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Eliezar, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ¿Qual es tu nombre?
    Keeper, Goal Keeper.

2. jonspider

jonspider Member

Mar 9, 2005
    South Carolina
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miercules!!!!

3. Via_Chicago

Via_Chicago Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That almost made up for not having Jonathan Booooornsteeeeein in the line-up.

4. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When he first said it all in English I cracked up. Said something like "Who are you? I'm the keeper the goal keeper."

I couldn't stop laughing and then I hear him bust out with the James Bond version:

"Keeper, Goal Keeper"

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Golazo! Azo! Azo! Azo!

6. Captain10

Captain10 Member

Jul 26, 2000
    Marietta, GA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very funny to hear that. I was laughing out loud!

The Latino commentators are so much more fun to listen to. We don't have to endure meaningless trivia, fluff, and US apologists. The Latino announcers ACTUALLY talk about the game and state when the referee makes a good call and when they make a bad call -- for either side!

I get tired of major network commentators bending over backwards to give our opponents every benefit of the doubt (and the US's expense) and being ultimately politically correct. Thanks goodness for Waldo!!! :eek: :D

7. bigsquirrel

bigsquirrel Member

May 29, 2007
    Pimphis
    Yeah, but you missed the English announcer say something about an "arse" on GolTv, which was high comedy in and of itself. He quickly regrouped and said "excuse me, on his bum. You know what I'm saying." It is what I live for on live TV.

Speaking of GolTv's commentators...

One of the guys during the Arg-Par game just ripped the living hell out of the US for not sending their A team. He basically said what some on here have said (whether you agree or disagree is pointless) in that "if the US can't bring their best team down here, then don't disrespect the tournament by bringing a crappy team", or something along those lines.

8. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    It was hilarious when he said it in english, totally out of left field, I laughed out loud when he did that.