Brenden Aaronson at Union Berlin (olf Leeds)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Jul 20, 2020.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    [​IMG]

There are two 'early' CL matches today at 12:45 PM (eastern):

Salzburg v Wolfsburg, and Barcelona v Dynamo Kyiv

Juventus, Lille, and Chelsea play in the later set of matches today at 3:00 PM.

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  4. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relentless w/ his runs and pressures. Excellent first touches and made some filthy passes. Performance deserved a goal or assist. Still a major impact in a 3-1 victory, keeping Salzburg a favorite to advance.

5. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Brenden and Scally- keeping YA hopes alive this fall.....

Really impressive how Salzburg identifies and nurtures young talents (and then cashes in for big bucks)

Hugely impressive win today!

6. JUnionFan

JUnionFan Member+

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Sep 30, 2020
    What is so promising about his game is that I still feel like there are moments where he is step ahead of his teammates. In terms of finding space and making runs that no one else sees (or sees too late). He also makes a bunch of little combination plays that even when they don't come off (his backheel attempt) were a good idea and on a better team is much more likely to come off.

That tells me his ceiling is higher than this level and he is someone who could adapt to a better team with a higher ceiling quicker than people may assume.

felloveranddidanadu and golazo68 repped this.
  7. JUnionFan

JUnionFan Member+

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Sep 30, 2020
    Also worth pointing out according to Fotmob he lead the game in chances created with 4 key passes.

8. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Someone said it awhile ago and the more I watch him play the more I agree. He has the same gusto as LD.

Super fun to watch and he is very driven. I agree that he seems to be a few steps ahead of his own team.

I assume that the RB folks will be pulling him up to the main team sometime soon

9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    1451217194906537986 is not a valid tweet id

10. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me, I said it. :ninja:

lmorin repped this.
  11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. JUnionFan

JUnionFan Member+

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Sep 30, 2020
    Salzburg win 4-1. Aaronson not really involved in the goals, though for the last one, he did send in the cross that was played back to the goalie who bungled it for an OG.

Overall not a great game, but his average games are rising in quality. On Fotmob - 7.3 rating, 61 touches, 7/15 duels, 3/3 dribbles, was fouled 3 times. Most importantly he was finding space and was involved here and there - a far cry from earlier in the season when he was crowded out of the middle and marked into invisibility.

Other tangential things that are interesting - took 7 corners and I think a free kick or two.

Also played the full 90 even after 5 subs. Was still making runs late in the game and pressing. It's no surprise his work rate and stamina is keeping him on the field for 90 minutes but it's good to see it at the next level as well. I watch most of Salzburg's games and I honestly don't even know who is the #2 10 behind Aaronson. I know they have some injury issues but their subs seem to be at striker and midfield and even defense.

13. JUnionFan

JUnionFan Member+

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Sep 30, 2020

14. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    upload_2021-10-27_14-56-24.png

Came on in the 62nd, got an assist against Uly and the St Poltens. Ended 3-0, I think.

15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. JUnionFan

JUnionFan Member+

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Sep 30, 2020

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found the pocket of space, clean touch, and got the assist off quickly and accurately through the challenge.

20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salzburg lose 2-1 at Wolfsburg. It's a blow to their advancement hopes. Could have gotten a result w/ better finishing or luck.

On the bright side, if they drop to the Europa League, Aaronson is all but gone to greener pastures. He's been better than the Austrian League from the beginning, but he's evolving beyond Salzburg's squad too.

He's making runs on 1-2's they aren't hitting him w/ out of vision or selfishness. Playing early balls they're not getting in position to. And his desire is next level.

He was a madman today, and if anything turned it up down the stretch thru tiredness, to help Salzburg push for the equalizer. Was taking on players, successfully, keeping the ball close, and giving them the shake. Drew fouls. Should have had more. His squares and crosses were delightful. Pressed and forced to's til the end.

A bigger club can see how to use these talents even better right away. They'll come calling.

22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaronson has grown by leaps and bounds this season. Could be the most consistent and well-rounded player we have in Europe right now. Austria isn't the strongest league around and he is on the best team by far... but he is bringing it in the CL as well. I really hope he moves to RBL this winter and then Clark can swap in and try to break in at RBS. Pax Aaronson could get the call soon too Europe. That kid looks seriously legit... although I wouldn't mind him spending another season in the MLS.

mace, gjackson2207, dams and 2 others repped this.
  23. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no doubt Paxten needs to spend another season in Philly to cook. He's just emerging now as an asset, and he can grow into a leader of their attack, like Brenden became, next season. We want to see a homegrown core fueling them again before they ship off like last time.

In Brenden's case, I think he fits into any club w/ his decent mobility, high-effort, i.q., and technical ability. So maybe he warrants a sale if he's surplus to requirements in RBL. He'd have to compete w/ Szoboszlai, in a similar role, unlike he ever had to w/ Salzburg. He replaced him.

gjackson2207 and JUnionFan repped this.
  24. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pax should definitely stay in Philly for 2022. He's not even used to the grind of starting game-in and game-out.

Things are happening very quickly for Brenden. A winter sale might just happen. Probably next summer, but at this rate - I am not discounting anything.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I think it's best for him to finish the season out at Red Bull before moving upward in the summer. No need to rush!

mace repped this.