Brenden Aaronson at Union Berlin (olf Leeds)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Jul 20, 2020.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay! This was the game I was most looking forward to today!

3. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Apologies if already mentioned in thread but how are watching the game? Particular subscription or stream?

kgbman repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a very legal & free stream available on Xumo.tv.

Not sure if it will work directly, but try this link: https://www.xumo.tv/on-now/9999343/ftf-next?filter=67

twoolley, Gacm32 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. cyberthoth

cyberthoth Member+

Nashville SC
    Aug 7, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he on the wing or in the middle?

edcrocker repped this.
  6. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very advanced in the middle, though he looks like he's got free reign to go wherever. See the pbp thread for more.

edcrocker repped this.
  7. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Middle, but he’s floating everywhere. Just created the goal for RB.

edcrocker and gogorath repped this.
  8. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
  9. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    It appears to be a Fortnite parody of the song "American Boy" by Estelle and Kanye West. Sung by a small child.

It seems that everyone who makes these highlight videos insists on trolling us with their soundtrack choices nowadays.

Gacm32 repped this.
  11. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reposting from another thread:

For those that didn't watch or follow the pbp thread, Aaronson was pretty amazing today. I might even say fantastic, or even spectacular, or stupendous. He had 2 hockey assists, played a full 90 for the first time since arriving in Salzburg, had like 4 successful progressive backheel passes, created countless dangerous opportunities, and was everywhere the whole time. Wherever the ball was, he was. For 90 minutes. It was crazy. And this was in a big win against number 2 Austria Wien, who they were ahead of by 3 points before the game--basically this was the game they needed to win to pretty much secure the regular season title.

felloveranddidanadu, KenC, ebbro and 2 others repped this.
  12. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    It's a violation of the Geneva Convention and I am pursuing all legal options.

KenC repped this.
  13. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's still better than the formerly-popular terrible techno or bad rap that went on for years. If we get 9 year olds poorly singing interpretations of pop songs with lyrics based on Fortnight we'll be better off than we were. But, still....

gogorath repped this.
  14. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    10 minute version from For The Fans:

15. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    If those videos were all of his touches, how was he not starting to begin with? He looks like a guy that will be difficult to keep off the pitch. He was all over at least two of the three goals. He’s going to present Berhalter with a quandary if that is how he plays.

16. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd almost be surprised if even a 10-minute video could capture all of his touches in the game. He was incredible. There might have been one stretch of 3 minutes in which he wasn't directly involved in something one way or the other. I'm serious. It seemed impossible that he was always where the action was, for 90 minutes. Whatever issues he had last year at Philly (complaints that sometimes he struggled to find the game) were certainly not evident today. His Kicker rating might even be 1.5. He was stellar.

And, yeah, he was supposed to start on the bench but for a late injury scratch. You've got me on that one.

USSoccerNova and gogorath repped this.
  17. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Wasn't the attack basically all backups? And they just took apart the #2 team in the league.

Noah Okafor may have just got Pipp'd. Interesting to note, Okafor, whom Aaronson replaced, is only about six months older, and is considered a pretty decent prospect himself. It's hard to imagine he's nearly as dynamic, though.

(As an aside, I can't help but noting that Aaronson has the second worst Fotmob score in the front six. This is what I hate about those things.)

Gacm32 repped this.
  18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was Rapid Wien, Terrence Boyd's old club. Austria Wien is the team that EPB is on.

tomásbernal repped this.
  19. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On your (non)suggestion I just looked up the Fotmob scores for today: Aaronson was 5th, distant from the top 2 on the team (7.3 to their 9.5). This is a good example of when stats don't tell the right story.

To be fair to the top 2--one guy had 3 goals, and the other guy had all 4 assists. However, Aaronson's work made 2 of those goals super easy, but gets no credit in these stats (perhaps xgchain or something like that would show). He also opened space and was a constant threat on both sides of the ball. The top 2 rated players made the right runs, but it was Aaronson that made so much of it happen today.

Lance90, Deeneaus and gogorath repped this.
  20. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. I've written it correctly like 5 times today. Good catch!

BostonRed repped this.
  21. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    It's a good quandary to have...

Screw the wing, I want to see what the kid can do at ACM. Have him battle it out with Gio as an attacking mid. No way he's going to keep Wes off the field.

dspence2311 and LouisZ repped this.
  22. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaronson can play anywhere across the attack. He could probably even play as a box-to-box CM. He's a good player to have in the mix, that's for sure.

23. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Given Nations League, Gold Cup, the Olympics (hopefully) and three game WCQ windows, this kind of depth isn't even just depth. Aaronson should get plenty of minutes this summer and fall even if he's not the #1 anywhere on the field.

Gacm32, dams and tomásbernal repped this.
  24. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, Aaronson is my new soccer boyfriend. I've been "single" for about 7 years so I'd just like to prepare you all for the forthcoming gushing.

25. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    Have to think he won't be long for Salzburg. He seems like one of those guys, like Gio, that looks better with better players around him.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.