Brenden Aaronson at Union Berlin (olf Leeds)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Jul 20, 2020.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't think I'd be triggering so many people. Happily, Aaronson can be the American Havertz wherever he lands.

bungadiri repped this.
  2. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    I'm interested in Aaronson for my pub team too.

No Belgian team is going to offer enough to make it happen. It's all nothing without a number.

3. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    So we're saying that Twellman can't tell the difference between a pure Central Midfielder/deep lying play maker and out and out attacking midfielder?

Wait, why am I even asking that question...

dougtee repped this.
  4. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Avoid Celtic and Belgium.

5. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and he ain't going anywhere for the 1.3 million Euro price that was put out the other day

WheezingUSASupport and comoesa repped this.
  6. Diegan

Diegan Member+

San Diego FC
    United States
    Sep 18, 2008
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Moussa Dembélé, Virgil van Dijk, Kieran Tierney, etc...

Celtic realize that they are a development club now. They have state of the art facilities and a proven ability to train talent to be ready for top clubs. There was an aversion coming from big clubs toward signing directly from Celtic, but when they realized what a mistake it was not to go directly after VVD, they changed their minds.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Do La Liga and Serie A clubs lack scouts for MLS or do they not value US/MLS players? Just seems crazy how it's always Bundesliga or PL clubs (if player has a work permit of course) tracking US players.

8. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should stay away from a Belgian side/SPL because he can go to a better league outright.

Deeneaus and TimB4Last repped this.
  9. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Both LA Liga and Serie A have restrictions on non EU players. Italy with transfers a season and Spain with number of players in squad. So unless a player can be registered as an EU player, or goes to the academy the signings are gonna be very few and far between

Serie A is starting to look at MLS a bit more due to both the Impact owner owning Bologna, and most Italians who played in the MLS also speaking very highly of the league and cities. I know AC Milan at least somewhat scouted Pomykal and half of Serie A wants Gianluca Busio

10. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try not to get on the hype train too soon for young players, but it makes sense. The dude is a baller. I could see him instantly break into a top side in the big 5 and become an impact player. I’m that high on him. Obviously a different position, but in my opinion, he’s our next Adams.

PalmettoSpur repped this.
  11. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm not sure hes an immediate impact player now but he can make a 23 in a top 23 league now and more importantly there is a market for him so he should definitely move.

HS Teacher and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The third goal last night was set up by BA with a sweet turn upon receiving the ball to elude two defenders at once and then a defense splitting 30 yard pass in a dime to an attacker/teammate for the goal.

13. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damnit, meant top 5 league

14. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you don’t want him playing for Steaua București?

15. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Former Champions of Europe

16. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007

marco rose seems like a good guy to play for to err on the side of understatement

17. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Anyone know BMG’s midfield depth chart at the moment?

18. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before I read that it was already what I identified as the ideal move for him. High level, but not a big club per se, fits their business model, savvy coach to play for.

Summer might be a snafu. Maybe if it's a pre-contract. Union are going to want him to stay to make a run at the title this season. Unless there's not a season.

19. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    think philly should settle for winning this tournament and selling on a high tbh. non bubble sports not going well in the ol usa

20. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    That's what I'd say too. I wouldn't bet on there being more MLS games outside the bubble. And Curtin has talked very openly about their model being developing kids and selling them on, so if Gladbach comes in with a good offer right now, why not?

21. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Philly will be happy to sell 1 of Aaronson/McKenzie, and these rumors are too substantial to think they're not going to get a good deal for Brenden. I think he's gone this window, and our love of Philly grows.

22. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think they sell him but perhaps, BMG will offer to loan him back till this winter. If the MLS season continues till October then he can join his club and have months of practice to learn the system and see if he's ready for the Bundesliga or needs another European loan, ie Belgium/Netherlands.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    so what's he valued at, 2-3 million dollars?

24. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    $6-8M