The Amazing Race 6

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Achtung, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were incompetent at everything in this game. They got lost in Iceland and followed some other team for an hour and a half after missing the waterfall clue, they can't drive stick... maybe there is a reality show that involves finding a great deal on a really cute skirt that they would excel at, but they just weren't cut out for this show.

That is my exact feeling as well. Even if he never hits her, his constant verbal abuse is really painful to watch. She needs to dump that ************** and rebuild her self esteem. She's a friggin Playmate, she can do so much better!

2. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Queens girls may have been the worst pair on any Amazing Race so far.

I have no idea how to drive stick either but, if I knew I was going to be on the Amazing Race I would have found some way to practice that ahead of time.

3. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Apparently I am not the only one to comment on the Botox.

One of the other teams refered to Jonathan & Victoria as "Botox" on the show last night.

LOL!! I almost spit out my beer.

4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victoria Fuller former playmate
    [​IMG]

5. JPfille

JPfille New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you. Many of the people who I watch TAR with are already speculating that he could become the first ever racer to be kicked off the show. Probably for hitting Victoria.

6. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If not for Jonathan, this would probably be the best start to an AR season that I've seen. Iceland and Norway have been scenic, and the challenges have been intriguing.

I hope there is some limit to the amount of abuse the AR let go on or at least that they are going to air. The tensions of the race have brought a lot of bad feelings out of the members over the past few seasons, but when that level reaches domestic violence, AR & CBS should pull the plug on that team.

7. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I was worried they were going to get eliminated last night.

That would have been terrible.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're quickly becoming my favorite team.

I believe Lena's the stripper. Kritsy is a mom, and devout mormon.

9. Octavius Agustus

Octavius Agustus New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    33RD sTREET
    I would have stopped watching if the ugly girls had beaten them. :)

10. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

Completely agree. I don't even think it's good tv. I know these shows like conflict, but when he comes on, I want to change the channel.

11. TriaktivTLE00

TriaktivTLE00 Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Already, The Amazing Race 6 is now NYC-free
    The Queens pair and the Brooklyn pair bit the dust over a period of 08 days.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay couple of points:

Had I been in that boat - I would have had to shut Jonathan up then beaten him like a rag doll, and I'm not a violent person. That guy is the biggest wanker in years - makes Colin look like a perfect human.

As someone pointed out - if you can't drive a stick, then you better have a partner who can - or learn.

Some of the map-reading on this trip is awful as well.

---
    Iceland and Norway - on my list of places I want to go. Damn it looks beautiful.

13. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Seven Hours of rolling hay? Are you kidding me?

Nice granny panties by the way.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to miss the sisters. They were good looking, fun, and don't remember any whining.

15. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Lena is either one of the world's dumbest people and kept missing clues when unrolling hay or she's one of the world's unluckiest people for continually choosing rolls without clues. I can't believe they got there in third place and never left. It reminded somewhat of Marshall and Lance last race at the candy place - the one brother kept selecting the wrong pieces of chocolate while others would find one rather quickly. That's a bad break.

I like how Hayden's (however it's spelled) cameraman continually zooms in on her chest. It's pretty funny.

Johnathan is such as ass.

16. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I hate these random seek-and-find challenges. If you're lucky enough to choose a good haybail on the first few tries, then you're fine. If not, it takes you 7 hours and you're screwed. The old couple really deserved to be out because, not only are they physically frail, they're mentally frail. Don nearly had a nervous breakdown at the counting challenge, for chrissake. And speaking of mentally frail, Bolo, good god: "66...68...80...82".

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lena must have missed a few of clues, there's no way she couldn't have. She said she unrolled over 100 bails, there had to be at least three clues in there somewhere. Remember they said that there were 20 bails with clues.

I kind of liked them too, the eye candy was nice.

Did you see Victoria flinch when Jonathan raised his arm, I swear he's hit her before. He's more than an ass, he's a **** ******* *****

18. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Did you see the look on that poor Ikea worker's face when she told Bolo his count was wrong and he screamed? She looked like she realized her life was flashing before her eyes and she was about to die at the hands of a crazy big American.

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sisters: You know she missed the clue a few times - would have been better just to walk around kick hay.

Don and Jean: OH man! That was just so scary, and to see them advance is painful.

Bolo: Another comedic episode.

Hayden: That was funny. Nice work by the camera guy.

I like the team in 2nd place. Also impressed by Gus' ability to slide an ice cube.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Bolo goes off and beats Jonathan to dust.

Heck I hope Mrs Wrestler beats him to dust.

21. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Indeed.

22. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we now officially challenge Jonathan's manhood in addition to calling him a major a$$h0le and wife-beater?

No, I'm not saying former Playboy playmates shouldn't build desks or roll out heavy bales of hay... but Jonathan didn't initially help with the desk and wouldn't touch the hay bales.

23. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am guessing not many of these people had been to IKEA before.

It is so easy to build that furniture that the choice was obvious.

24. JPfille

JPfille New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Lena unrolling the bales of hay or just trying to shred them? I think it works better if you unroll them, because it's easy to miss the clue when you shred them. It sucks that they were eliminated but she kicks ass for staying out there for so long instead of just quitting like the pizza putzes.

Don made me laugh with his, "I hope this says go to the hospital" line. He seriously looked he was about to stroke out after that detour.

The way Jonathan says Victoria's name is VERY annoying. He is so screechy.

25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched the show with my wife and son (15), we all said "BUILD IT!" - that stuff probably took 45 minutes at tops, didn't look like anyone was sweating either.

==
    Jonathan: Beat him. "You can build the desk" "I don't want to help you right now"

If Victoria isn't having thoughts of Divorce watching this now, then she must be on huge drugs.