The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m probably delusional, but I genuinely believe we will go after Kounde with the Ramos money.

Right now, Kounde’s salary with Sevilla is not even 1/4th what Ramos makes. It’s reported that Kounde makes 73k per week while Ramos makes 338k.

Of course, a transfer fee and a larger contract would be required to get Kounde, but I bet the total cost wouldn’t be that far off

Financially, it really doesn’t make sense to pay Ramos top dollar

madridista_hr, Ahmadi8, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a bluff. No way around it. He will stay but with a bitter taste.
    I'm not saying we should give in and pay but this club just doesn't know how to easily treat it's legend as they start to fade away.

Lyra repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's hilarious considering that we might have two of the greatest Bayern youth products in modern times after Lahm, Müller and Schweinsteiger in our team next season.

The club gave Sergio a lot as well. You don't get to keep it business when it's time to receive, but ask for a loyalty bonus when you want a couple days off to film a documentary or just blow off some steam during the holidays.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the funny part of it. Everybody that Ramos believes would pay him all that money would probably rather invest in a young player that they'll tie up for 5 years with the same amount of cash. Why invest in a player that will offer you nothing past probably next season and the one after, at best?

madridista_hr and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Depends on the risk and reward. Someone like Ramos can push a team into a championship winning team and may be able to play at a top level as cb until 38 even. Not a bad ROS, but risky. Every club has to weigh what kind of project they have and the risk they are willing to take. If you have a team peaking now, why not get one of the best cbs in the world, whereas a youth developing could waste the potential peak of the other players

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2381 4x4s, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    If i have a team peaking right now, i have a captain, a team hierarchy and a dominant CB already in place, i didn't wait for a guy that only can only communicate in spanish to lead my team. The leadership is a crucial factor in Madrid, but elsewhere, Ramos would have to slot in.

The only realistic fit is PSG, and it doesn't even make sense for them, Kounde is a slam dunk for them, French international, entering his peak perfomance years. What's the point of investing in Ramos if you've already let Silva go because he was too old and you wanted to go young?

Ramos' sentimental bonus only applies to Real Madrid. With other teams, i get the vibe that Bayern were giving by saying "he'd be great to have many years ago".

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2382 MiamiNative0722, Feb 15, 2021
    I think this is overthinking it. There are countless top teams that don’t have 1 elite center back let alone two. Plenty of teams can go after Ramos. Manchester United, Milan, Liverpool. Even Sevilla can bring him back to replace Kounde.

I also disagree with you about the sentimental bonus. Surely, there are teams like Juventus (Cristiano) that sign a player not just for the on field product but for the off field marketing value. Ramos isn’t at Cristiano’s level on that side of the equation, but he’s certainly still a name that top teams will be attracted to for that alone.

And certainly on the pitch, Ramos is still an elite center-back, but it would make sense for us to continue to rebuild that position rather than commit too long.

Ramos wouldn’t be winding down his contract like this if he didn’t have other offers ready to go

Lyra repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The issue with Ramos is how much does he have remaining in the tank? If we take into consideration this season... not that much.

Even giving him two years on the same money isn't good business. We're really mot sure what we can get from he the next two season even if he's a club legend and in my opinion the best captain.

madridista_hr, Shay Z, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2384 4x4s, Feb 15, 2021
    Sevilla aren't going to pay Sergio Ramos the wages he asks for, let's stop being ridiculous, they're going to go for the next Kounde. Neither will Milan. Liverpool are allegedly not even geting an agreement with Alaba and they're going to pay a 35 year old Ramos that?

Ramos got recently dropped by Nike, they basically didn't offer him a new deal after his old one ran out. Outside of Spain he's not that hot.

Then he can take them. The fact that he hasn't (while with Alaba it's been publically annnounced that he's leaving) shows you what's behind them. I can turn that around and say that if the club felt threatened they wouldn't have allowed this to go on and on.

10. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really hope he renews. Arguably one of our 3 greatest players ever and it would really hurt to see him in another shirt.

Lyra repped this.
  11. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    I agree. I think this could be another CR7 situation where if the player leaves everyone goes "oh we did a good deal of business" and think we could replace them with the money we got from the player leaving until we replace them with players 10 times worse while the player we sold still thrives in his new team. His age is no problem he can be a starter 3 more years for sure with no issue unless the only thing that could be a deal breaker is if he starts getting injuries.

Lyra repped this.
  12. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unless this season is an anomaly for the remainder of his career, it's already started.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid have kept their original offer on the table, whilst Ramos has yet to accept any such proposal from another club, despite having been legally able to speak to foreign clubs since December as part of the Bosman ruling.

There has been talk that Ramos return will come on March 16 in the second leg of the club's Champions League last-16 tie with Atalanta, but there is no need to rush him back.

Perez and Sergio Ramos are continually talking with regard to the defender's contract renewal. The idea is to take advantage of Ramos' current injury layoff and ensure the matter is resolved one way or another before he returns to the pitch. [Marca] https://t.co/y53z0XHeCm

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We had regulars legit worried like Rene hasn't done this countless times before with the same result

17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
  18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    'breaking news'.. wow, no one excpected that.

19. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mean it’s not even remotely effective as a strategy anymore.

20. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    When is Ramos expected to be back? I see him already doing individual ball work and sprints.

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1367219040683499520 is not a valid tweet id

Saeta Rubia, madridista_hr and Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [emoji123] Screenshot_20210305-110426.jpg

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This guy pulling a Griezmann publicity stunt. Sad.

25. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is ********ing stupid, but I guess it means he’s staying, if he reveals he is leaving like this it’s even ********ing stupider.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.