The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When they really want to keep certain players, they can put a big sign "NOT FOR SALE" to fence off any suitors. They've done that with Varane, Bale, James....etc....so think for a second. The reason they haven't done that for Ramos has to be something other than 3 million euro gap between the two parties.

2. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There would be a line out the door of Perez's office if he said the words: "Ramos for sale, €25m"

3. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Highly doubt. He is asking for 4 yrs deal with €10m net/yr, only a few clubs can afford that wage.

4. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll quote you on this one later on, if he is to leave. With the $$ some PL clubs are set to make, I'd say even Aston Villa would pay that fee.

5. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Feel free.

6. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the players' defense, it appears at times that their own club president (and de facto manager) likes to get in the way of winning trophies.

7. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I can't agree with that bit about the president. We had as good of a team as any who reached the semi-finals. And although we weren't playing the best football (IMO) during that winning streak, that streak certainly was an indication of what could have been in the league too. Agreed about Carlo's tactics/rotations not helping but players too are responsible.

Umar repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sergio Ramos is replaceable as a player. As a person, maybe not, but even if he stays, it will never be the same for me.

Excape Goat, Style, MerlinRM and 4 others repped this.
  9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's the part that bums me out the most. Damage has been done.

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What in the world is that supposed to mean? Ramos is bigger than any galactico currently on our roster save Cristiano. Just because we didn't pay a ton for a player doesn't mean they aren't vital to the team and doesn't deserve some appreciation and a worthy pay raise. The heck did Gareth do before moving here to deserve close to 15 Mill per year? Gareth didn't win us la decima, Sergio did! His locker room presence is virtually irreplaceable with anyone in our current roster.

There has to be respect on both sides, and Sergio had shown enough respect for the last year or so by keeping a lid on it and asking for a raise from Florentino behind the scenes. Sacchi was the one who blew the lid on the whole thing and even then Sergio kept his cool. Give the man his damn raise, he deserves better!

I say we'll end up settling on 9.5 Million and we'll call it a day. Unless Florentino is a complete jerkwad who rubbishing him and spits in his face, he isn't leaving us for Manure. Can't believe how Florentino goes HAM on young players who may or may not become megacracks while he treats a baller like Ramos like garbage.

11. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    614210092095905792 is not a valid tweet id

614218241540554756 is not a valid tweet id

614236171514675200 is not a valid tweet id

natenate101 repped this.
  12. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    In their Whatsapp group :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Castillas, Laaura, Vector-SS and 3 others repped this.
  13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1013 saadomar, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    I dunno about you guys but I place way more credibility on ESPN FC (who are citing a source of their own) than the garbage run of the mill tabloids in England like Guardian, Daily Mail and such. Espn FC sources say that Real will rebuff all Manure advances for Ramos and will work towards renewing his contract and will not entertain sending Sergio the other way for De Gea. We already have David wrapped up anyways, all the power rests with us.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2504784/real-madrid-to-block-manchester-united-on-sergio-ramos

PS: Article says Florentino Perez has "personally intervened" to convince Ramos to stay. Soooooo, we gucci bruh.

Like I said earlier, it is way more calamitous for Florentino to lose Sergio than any other player in Madrid at the moment, especially in an off-season that saw (or is going to see) the departures of Carlo Ancelotti and Iker Casillas.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I read somewhere that they have a whatsapp group for spanish only players. This is ridiculous.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...and you still have people claiming that football players are tough guys. :ROFLMAO:

yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. BenZaMan

BenZaMan Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What are we doing? We cannot let this great man go. Our captain, leader, legend. He lives and breathes Real Madrid. I cannot imagine him playing in another shirt. I am crying just thinking about it. He is the best defender in the world and our knight in shining armor. A gift sent to us from god to win us the 10th. Give the man the money he wants. He deserves it after all he has given us. His presence and leadership is more important than anything Cristiano, Benzema, Bale, James or anyone else can offer. We're already on bad terms with our other club legend Iker as he departs, I do not want to see the same for Ramos.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I almost agree with this. I think they should find a way to give him as much as possible without jeopardizing the financial stability/structure. Whatever he pulled in the past two weeks there is still so much history just to quit on him and hes still one of the best defenders in the world. From a football perspective, his style suits Madrid a lot because we leave a lot of space at the back so we need pace, aggression and technical ability and not just someone who would be a good anchor in a collective defense system.

Raul Madrid and saadomar repped this.
  19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Ramos - God's gift to mankind.

20. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They're reporting that Flo is willing to sit down with Sergio to sort this out. There might be some light at the end of the tunnel after all.

21. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can i ask you why it wouldn't be the same ?

Also i don't think he is replaceable in any mean. He is the full pack, everything you want in a modern defender - solid, got pace, technique, scores 5-7 goals per season. I really can't name even one defender that i will replace Ramos with. He makes mistakes - but hey, every one does - Maldini, Baresi, everyone.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because i thought he would be better than this. The team won absolutely nothing and he tries to force the club into paying him as much as possible just days after the season is over.

Umar, Anon. and yoanaidarov repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    What does the team winning anything this season have anything to do with his fair value as a player and the fact that he has two years left on his contract?

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't like what has happened but you seriously can't knock the guy for trying to make the most money possible. Athlete's life is short, have to make your money.

My only issue is I don't want to hear the "*blank* player is selfless" or "*blank* player puts the club before himself" crap.

Why? Cause it's crap. Crap some of these players use to elevate themselves higher than the club they "love" so much.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because it's like going to your boss asking for a raise after the company lost a major client. Football players these days are not realistic anymore.