The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or cancers even, very strange.

natenate101 repped this.
  2. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    When they try to get the full value of their contract? The club supposedly offered that + 3 million for him to leave but the mercenary/cancer is refusing to budge....

Anyway, Ramos can demand all that he wants. That's what a contract negotiation is; it doesn't however mean taht he'll get it though.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  3. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like him and his brother were trying to rub Flo the wrong way. Sergio must not engage in a dick-measurement contest with Flo. At the end of the day, he is still the one who is carrying the checkbook and quite frankly, Sergio is this "legend" or that "legend" means shit to Flo. He could easily kick this man out of the club from the backdoor if he wants to.

MerlinRM repped this.
  4. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

5. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Someone writing something on the internet apparently makes it true. Fact is Casillas has made his wishes clear, he wants to stay at the club. He said he wants to end his career at Real which he might very well do when his contract runs out at age 36 maybe not, who knows. The club hasn't said or done anything officially. Yet you somehow expect Casillas to fall on his sword and make room for a replacement that is only rumored at this time? Why should he do that? It's completely against his wishes. Casillas doesn't need to do anything. Why should he?

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well he apparently knows for sure that Iker is a mercenary/cancer but he's not quite sure what or if the club offered him anything at all, hence the "supposedly offered" he might have no idea at all what is really happening but he "might" want Iker gone so much he is willing to call him all sorts of names without any actual facts of what is happening, so to sum it up, he definitely knows Iker is a mercenary/cancer but not so sure of the facts as to why, at least it sorta looks like that to me, I could be wrong though.

Zidane05 repped this.
  7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If it's the same how some people 'knew' Casillas was the mole, it basically means they know jack shit. Big surprise.

8. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    lol, I suppose that is a counter-argument for the future; 'its's not true just because it's being reported in the press'. And truthfully speaking that might be the case. The club might not have offered him anything, or they might have offered him what's being reported. Either case Iker Casillas is not good enough to be Real Madrid's goalkeeper and he has been a detrimental to this team with supbar performances and with all the circus noise and press attention he invites when he rightfully is dropped. It's been two season since Mourinho left but yet were still dealing with the goalkeeping nonsense, which goes to show that the issue was not the Portuguese, but this cancer that simply won't leave.

9. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Anyway, Rene Ramos is hard at work linking his brother with everyone. The club is offering €7m, and he wants €10 - 12m. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

612659761914351616 is not a valid tweet id

10. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Yeah, because stuff that is written in the spanish (or any other) sports press turns out to be true 99% of the time right? Especially online and on twitter feeds. It's not like they pick up any and every rumor in the long long summer break to generate clicks and views and reader interest. So the club wants to get rid of Casillas? Fine, sign a replacement and tell him that he will never play again ever and sit him in some corner somewhere where he doesn't get in the way. Why would he leave as long as the club hasn't even signed a replacement? Or suppose it is all true, why would he do the "dirty work" for a club that isn't even "man enough" to come out and tell the world it is basically firing him or at least announce that they have signed a replacement? Somehow some people expect unwaivering support from players for the club, but as soon as they are of no use for the club anymore or aren't deemed good enough anymore or a new shiny toy is brought in to take their place, they should kindly piss off without making a fuss if they don't they are cancerous or greedy happy to take the clubs money without bringing anything to the table, even if they have played for the club for 15 years. On the other hand those same people are offended if players that are brought in don't bleed madridismo all over the place before being sold again.
    If Casillas wants to sit out the rest of his 2 year contract on the bench he is welcome to do so if he wants to, nothing wrong with that.

11. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    #936 -Fifth CharM-, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    I would love to respond, but I cant and wont read that giant block of text. Try spacing it. Makes it much easier to read.

[​IMG] lol, I love how this is coming from the same camp of people who are dead-set on that it was evil Florentino that was forcing poor Ancelotti to play Bale, even though there is zero evidence prove back it up, and even went as far as linking to the AS article as a source. Now the same people are vehement about facts. I suppose the press can trusted when it suits your argument, and can't when it doesn't. And I love the phantom rep by the lynchpin of that argument. Very subtle, dude [​IMG]

Umar repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you sure you mean me?, If you can find the post where I said I believe that therefore making me part of some camp, please please post it, but I suspect you won't because........................well there isn't one, but i await with bated breath, or maybe you are a little confused, so ...... Let's see it, I really don't have time with such conspiracy theories.

13. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The damage between Sergio and Flo has reached the point of no return.

Thank you for all you've done, Sergio. You're a good man, man.

fierro repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Let's only use what is reported in the press when it's suits us. Similar to stats, only relevant when it backs my argument. But when the press reports the president meddles with team and makes decisions that should be out of his job description, that's not a worthy argument.

I'd move on to another topic because you're in for some absurd change of parameters, hypocritical arguments and waste of time.

15. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Or saying a player wanting money that both parties agreed to is bad, but a player threathening to leave to another club or playing hardball for money the club never promised him is a o k. The difference between both situations where a player is motivated by money being..... reasons. :D

This game is fun.

16. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Yeah, reading a quarter page of text is just such a hassle, sorry it exceeded your mental capacity.

17. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    [​IMG]
    lol

Dhajj repped this.
  18. Ananas

Ananas Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why do our players do this shit? Alonso did it last year and now Ramos. They don't show any signs of discomfort until they suddenly leave with no exolaination. If it is for contract I understand that, all players do it, but if he really leaves then wtf is wrong?!

19. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Ramos doesn't leave. Wouldn't swap him at all for De Gea

yoanaidarov repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has more to lose than we do. Madrid as a club and fanbase loves him enough to excuse all of his mistakes for that one big moment. A club that paid money for him and gave him a huge contract will expect top notch attitude and performance every week. None of those frustration yellow cards and concentration mistakes.

We can sign another central defender, he can't become anything close to what he is in Madrid anywhere else at this point.

I think he has very high wages. If he's willing to put what he built for himself at risk for money, then so be it. He's replaceable for us as a player. If he leaves, he might be on the front cover of AS one day complaining about what he gave to the club, how we treated him, and where it all went wrong for him after that.

I don't think he has much to gain by leaving the club.

yoanaidarov, MerlinRM and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    .... according to AS.

Anyways, you guys continue jumping off ledges and screaming about the sky falling. The funniest part of how much AS trolls you guys is some of you won't learn. After Ramos situation clears up and he denies all that nonsense (I'm sure Marca will have an interview with him denying it soon), you'll forget how AS had you all wound up and believe there next lie.

"Florentino bitch slaps Isco, makes Casillas drink his own urine!"

22. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wish there was an LOL button for this post.

Anyway, I've been vocal in saying I don't even consider Ramos to be the best CB on the team. And like 4x4 said, he has more to lose than we do. Florentino would have no problem buying another CB.

I do think he deserves to get a raise though. Its hard finding quality leaders and he is certainly one on a team filled with youngsters or older players who aren't necessarily leadership material. It'll be interesting. I'm sure Manure will come with a huge wage offer but he needs to make the decision if he'll choose money over prestige.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  23. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is some truth in what you have said.

Marca had an exclusive on Ramos yesterday in Madrid with his agent, he said he is calm they asked if he is staying he stayed quiet.

Doesn't sound like a man to me who wants to quash the rumors just yet, probably hasn't got the contract he wants.

24. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not screaming the sky is falling or jumping off any ledges, so I'm not sure where the fvck you got that impression from, your ass maybe?

Bottom line, Ramos has been pushing for a pay raise for a while and Flo has been rather quiet about his contract renewal talk. If it's up to me, I would up his wage and get over it already. Unfortunately, Flo is the one who has the checkbook. If he can't meet Ramos demand, someone else will. And I don't blame Ramos for leaving the club, too.

25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Like I said on the Isco thread, the only departure that would have a resounding effect on Florentino's next election would be losing Ramos. It would be a disaster of epic proportions for Flo, and Ramos knows it. He's using that as leverage to get Florentino to pay up.

So the question becomes: Do you believe he would actually abandon the status he has achieved with Madrid to chase fat next payoff? My guts say no. He's looking out for his interests, but deep down he wouldn't leave unless Florentino is stubborn and makes the wrong move. Dude is a Madridista by heart. One of the only few we can say that about on our squad.

But seeing as how Iker is being treated right now, he can be forgiven for trying to secure his financial future rather than relying on the frail "player loyalties" of people around the club. A few bad injuries, a bit of drama and a bad patch of form will land him right where Iker is right now.