The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread version infinity (fans only)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mak9, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I thought the fanboys wanted him to leave?

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That was just denial, they made it seem that way because their feelings were hurt that Real Madrid was actually seriously (nearly) considering selling there idol.

3. Chuchuko

Chuchuko New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    well you know; You'd have to make a distinction between the fanboys who wanted him to leave and the ones who didn't.

The Real fanboys and the Independant fanboys.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Didn't think you were a fanboy, just thought you're very angry and very opinionated.

You Alma been going at it but I don't think he is talking about you everytime.

5. Chuchuko

Chuchuko New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Man I didn't say he was talking to me
    But I can still answer his question.. no?

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy or whatever you say here but I do like Ronaldo.
    I believe the guy's been letting himself go a bit too much and plagued with injuries. I hope he'll show some of his old style goal scoring. I think that giving him another year is worth a try.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Eh... your response to Alma, made it seem like you considered yourself a fanboy.

I was all for giving him an extra year till the fanboy explosion happened. I mean seriously it is great to support you favorite, but don't make him you God. He is human like everybody else and makes mistakes, which the fanboys ignore and blame everything else except Ronaldo. That's my beef, and it's made me grow to dislike him because of that.

I still think selling him would be best for all party's because it's obvious his heart isn't in Madrid, but if he stays hey.. what can you say.

7. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    The point is Zidane was compared to other midfielders such as Zico, Maradona, Cruyff etc in that long post, but his numbers are not even close to them. Ronaldo as a striker, his numbers can be compared to all the great legends even though he was upsent for 3 years from football. You shouldn't have stopped reading, If you had kept reading you'd have gotten your question all answered.

That post was well written that had some Zidane fans agreeing with it.

Believe me I know it doesn’t matter how many goals you score what counts is when you score them…But how can you claim “ZIZOU is the 5th Football King” when others have put up better numbers (goals & assists) better goal scoring ratios won same amount of personal awards, etc?
    Zidane has won enough titles to be compared to the Top 4 in history – BUT his numbers are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH; not even close!

8. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy. :)

9. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, too bad Zidane never scored in the CL semifinal at the stadium of his club's biggest rivals; he never scored in a CL final; he never scored in a World Cup final. I see your point. :rolleyes:

10. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    The Poster and I don't deny that. Read his post, he addressed that too.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    There is when you try to force your thoughts and ideas on everybody like you love to do. I mean seriously your opinion is that Ronaldo is the best ever, okay, I respect that. Well somebody else's opinion might be that Pele, Maradona, Zidane, shit even Ruud or Beckham might be the greatest.

You want people to respect your view of Ronaldo's greatness but you try to bash everybody else's hero. How is that right? Please explain....

Also I nor anybody here has said Ronaldo wasn't a great. We said he is one of the best ever.

He just hasn't played up to expectations for US. See we care about performance for REAL MADRID, not what he's done in the past. So far for us he hasn't accomplished nothing worth for us to sing his praises as a REAL MADRID GREAT. On the contrary Zidane has won a CL and Raul won alot for us.

The thing is Ronaldo hasn't, in fact he has ripped the fans and has caused the negative attention (he says he doesn't want) by the controversal things he says.

I will repeat again, Ronaldo was a good player, he is one of the greatest of all time, BUT he hasn't accomplished nothing of great significance for us as a team.

Period.

Take note I haven't said anything negative, if you choose to insult me back do what you do, your good at that anyways.

12. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    True, Ronaldo hasn't really accomplished anything major with Real Madrid except for winning La liga and Cup trophies. Though, you should remember football is a team sport.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I never blamed it all on Ronaldo, I'm just trying to get you to understand why WE ALL seem to be a little angry with him. He didn't show the form he could have and he walks around lazily.

I mean wouldn't you be mad if your team had a player you liked (not Ronaldo) and he was extrodinary with his nt and previous teams, but with your team he was lackluster?? Answer that....

Off topic: Sevilla just scored (Renato) 1-0 farca is losing!!!!!

14. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    Ronaldo will likely never win a CL unless he stays here this year. If he really wants to be remembered a great in this day and age, he should really think about putting that last feather in his cap.

15. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    I would be made too, but i believe Ronaldo only been a lackluster last year. Because the year before that he had scored over 20 goals and lead the whole team in assists with 8. So, obviously he wasn't the problem.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    His movement is lacking. He has lacking decent movement for about 2.5 years now and it seems it is only getting worse. So wouldn't a fan of RM be angry or be discouraged about his drop in movement.

He made runs for Brazil this past world cup I have never seen him make for RM. So why would the posters here want to kieep a guy who obviously isn't giving his all and has never won the club anything siginificant?

17. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    So you're telling me....La liga title and the Inter-cont cup are of no significance:rolleyes:

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We were having a mature conversation and you just had to go in and take a poke at me huh?

He won that his first season here, nothing else after that. So yes fans take that as not as significant as scoring the winner for a CL final or the winning many CL titles.

Stop trying to make excuses! Even Ronaldo's biggest fan Ronaldoooo! even agrees that Ronaldo hasn't exactly one over the fans with titles, attitude or workmanship.

19. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i can assure you that he didnt make any worthwhile runs for brazil in this world cup outside of the ghana goal. if he gave a shit about the national team this time, he wouldve come with a respectable weight.

as for impressive runs, didnt ronaldo just last year againt barcelona score a wonder goal when he received a lovely pass...ran quite nicely...then cooly chipped the keeper?

20. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    If he stayed with Real this year and won the CL, would your thoughts about him change? You're right about the lackluster movement though, he hasn't been the same for nearly 2 years and a half.

Never mind you that he still score goals and could've scored a whole lot more for a player his caliber. Thats why i'm guessing you guys are never happy with his 20 goals like you would with any other strikers. I agree with that! I also think Ronaldo can score 30 goals a season if he stayed healthy and in shape.

21. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i actually think that that particular year for ronaldo was his best ever...dominated the 2002 WC and then kept his form for Madrid. i dont think we've seen a similar season in some time...a player who was so dominant in two different categories. of course, all that was missing was CL success...but that hasnt happened.

as for scoring in the final, that doesnt mean that much...at least in my opinion. belletti will be idolized for getting the winner against arsenal last year...but that doesnt make him a good player either or someone worth remember in the grand scheme of things. whatever.

22. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Even in the CL, he was remarkable. Remember the hatrick at Old Trafford, correct if i'm wrong. He was also Madrid best player in the Champion League.

That was a season to remember for sure.

23. Chuchuko

Chuchuko New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    yes his hat trick was a memorable moment. Old Trafford gave him a standing ovation. But that was a while ago. Let's hope he shows some of that form again.

24. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it just me or is he contradicting himself there?

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I disagree, he made a couple of runs that were nice but just didn't have the pace to make it onto the final pass. He even opened lanes but of course was no where near what is expected of him.

Don't remind me of that run, it only angers me!! ;) When you see that you see he has the ability to do more but he CHOOSES to do less.

If we won a TREBLE and Ronaldo was still showing no effort it wouldn't change me nor anybody elses opinions because he would still not be doing the thing we are asking of him... SHOW EFFORT.

We know he is a proven goal scorer, shit he scored 15 goals in 23 games, but still when you don't show effort, the love for the team it makes you an outsider which Ronaldo has become. Just think if Ronaldo got in shape, ran more, work harder and kept scoring!!

He would even score more!! The thing is it's like his heart isn't here... that's why I feel it's not possible. If he had been doing all of that this whole time we would hail him like Raul and Zidane...

This happened because he wanted it to happen. It's like he doesn't care not only about RM but about football in general anymore. Hopefully this off season can wake him up, but I highly doubt it. Once you get use to being lazy especially on the pitch you won't give that up easily.