The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread version infinity (fans only)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mak9, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Yes...

in my opinion as a specialized CF striker Ronaldo > Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano, Cruyff, ....etc.

Ronaldo has set the highest standards for all CFs present and future, you should start recognizing this fact.

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Since we are listing the best of all time, let me add the worst of all time.

Top Ten Worst Threads in Big Soccer History:

10. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread
    9. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread ver 2.0
    8. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread ver 3.0
    7. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread ver 4.0
    6. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread ver 5.0
    5. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread ver 6.0
    4. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread ver 7.0
    3. The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread version infinity
    2. Whatever is next from these clowns
    1. Whatever is next after that from these clowns -- hopefully in a different forum

3. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He has set some standards, no doubt .. and thats the reason we bought him (45 M euros :eek: ) and after that he refuses to meet the standard set by him !! So we know he's not trying hard enough or he's fallen way below the standard now.
    Thats exactly the reason why most of the RM fans are pi$$ed with him.

4. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    okay look....this is a thread for the fans; you haters have your own thread to infest

secondly...I want to note that ronaldo had three operations on the same knee. First one occured at PSV but he ignored the warnings given by his physio therapist in brazil.

The toll on his knee excellated to WC 98 when drugs were inserted into his knee to ease the pain. And from there on the two other operations occured.

Also, Ronaldo was a child prodigy, and as we know traditionally child prodigies have difficult adjusting to adulthood. For example he did not like to do weight training when he was at PSV, Barca and prefered to play the game like all the other kids around his age. Ignoring such tasks like weight training may have contributed to his injury.

One last thing I like to add, the career of a striker is shorter than the career of all the other positions. A striker will have 1-2 years of great sucess and then he will be descened. So when we are comparing Ronaldo with other greats, we must recognize this proportionality.

5. Tribune

Tribune Member

Jun 18, 2006

One question for the poor ignorant me : how exactly can Ronaldo be better "as a specialized striker" than Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano, Cruyff, since none of those players were not a pure striker. Maradona was a playmaker, Pele a second forward, Di Stefano a second forward, and about Cruyff is difficult to choose his position because of a great freedom allowed by the total football system.

Please enlighten me. Not to mention that Pele, Di Stefano, Puskas, Muller have better scoring records than Ronaldo, that despite the fact the first 2 were not strikers like Ronaldo.

6. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We haters have nothing to discuss - Coz we DONT HATE Ronaldo. We're just not impressed by him. Simple as that. And we are discussing the things why he has not lived up to his 45M price tag.

7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    EXACTLY. We don't hate Ronaldo. We dislike the fanboys. How long is it going to take for people to understand that?

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Amazing these fanboys seem to render the mods powerless. They are like a disease to this forum...

ronaldooo, the 17 year old dropout, who was neglected and thrown out in the streets by his parents. Guy is such a nut case he had different personalities posting then apologized for it.. huh? Well he is AIDS.

elado, the barca fan who can't stop posting here :confused:, the guy try's to type "black", doesn't realize black doesn't mean stupid. Well he is HIV.

mak9, reelmaad, number9, chuchuko, these are all STD's that try to annoy the forum. Even chuchuko attacks our own mods...

More analysis to come....

Oh yeah can a Mod ask the Administration if any of these guys IP addresses match? I am sure half of the fan boys are the same person.

9. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
  10. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
  12. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why the hell is Zidane ( a midfielder ) being compared to Ronaldo ( a striker )??:confused:

Oh and I see that Ronaldoooo has not posted the best dressed award that Ronaldo got, add that one to his list which tops Zizou's;) :rolleyes:

13. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Come on...be honest.....you don't hate him...but you don't like him very much either....do you

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I was living in Spain when he arrived. I was glued to the radio on Aug 31 when we finally signed him. I was at his first game cheering wildly for him when he scored two against Alaves. I sang his praises when he scored in the last match of the season against Athletic Bilbao.

My issue with Ronaldo has been his attitude in subsequent years. I have seen too many examples of him thinking he is bigger than the club. I have seen too many examples of him doing 'just enough' but not really pushing himself. I don't expect him to sprint for 90 minutes and I know he is unique player, not a traditional 9, but he just doesn't do it for me anymore. I am concerned that his half ass approach to training - which he himself has admitted - will lead to more injuries, not to mention the need for more breathers during a match.

The guy will be remembered as a fantastic player, one of the best strikers ever. But I think that the combination of injuries and a not-so-great approach will probably leaving him on the doorstep of being one the real greats.

It is obvious that he is thinking of leaving. If he wasn't he would have made a statement by now. We'll see. I've said a million times that I would love to have the Ronaldo of old.

I do have issues with the fanboys. The majority refuse to accept any criticism of Ronaldo; they immediately mention Raul (when even the biggest Raulistas have been criticizing him); they blame the coach, the midfield, the fans... you name. It never has anything to do with Ronaldo.

15. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Ronaldo won't get the ratings that he deserves....his achievements will propably be taken forgranted.

People say RM would be lucky to get 10 mil for him....yet ACM were willing to offer 20+.

People say hes been crap these last year....but I bet they can't name 3 strikers that have achieved more over that period.

While i do agree that he has been underperforming.....even so hes still kicking ass.....
    I can understand people being fed up becoz hes not giving his all....but to say hes finish is just rubbish.
    A guy that can achieved what hes has these last years with that little effort....is far from finish....
    Capello is Mr. disciple...so he might be just what the doctor ordered.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Great post. Sadly most of them dont know the difference between hate and criticize.

17. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well be honest here, I think he will be rememberd but not as one of the greatest ever. He could have been one of the all time greats but injures and his attitude put that down imo.

Are you talking about just last year? I remember L. Toni, D. Villa, Eto'o being better...

I think people are trying to say his his time here is done. It would be better for the club and player if he moved on to another team ( would also give him some motivation to get back on top...at least for a while that is ). I am sure that Ronaldo will not get along with Capello.

Oh and I think Alma's post pretty much summed it up.

18. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    So you have grown to....dislike him....or what hes turn into....hey i understand...he pisses me off too sometimes....
    Many a sundays i've yell at him to get off the half-line and get more involve in the game....i've begun to think it must be a team strategy....
    Becoz i can't understand how he gets away with doing it so often and i don't often see any of our coaches coming off bench and yelling at him to get more involved like they do other players.
    But i still can't help admiring how even at his worse hes still putting up better stats that most of the world other top strikers.

Ronie already said he didn't want to leave....Capello don't want him gone....yet Calderon still held talks with them....
    The demands asked by both parties were very unlikely to be met....yet ACM still came....
    Personally I think it was more of a diplomatic mission than anything to show the world that they're no bad feelings between the clubs.

While i do think he deserves some of the blame.....i also think hes often used as a scapegoat....

19. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    As far as achievements go....people will find it next to impossible to not mention his name with the other legends of the game.

League [3rd best strike-rate in la liga], CL [0 golas/ 2games], WCQ [topscorer] and WC [bronze boot].....
    How many other strikers had better stats in all four of those competition....

RM finally have someone who can instill some of that much needed disciple he and the team has been lacking and y'all want him gone....
    People were saying he wouldn't get along with Luxa and he and Luxa got along like the best of friends....so who is to say that given some time him and Capello won't gell

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Welcome to the dark side...

Oh yeah, you are right he does deserve blame and is used often as a scapegoat. In fact people put him in the spot light to get bashed. Still doesn't excuse his non-devotion (I made that phrase up:D) to the club

21. Chuchuko

Chuchuko New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    This club was badly run for a couple of years. Did you see Zidane giving his heart for Real Madrid in the last year? Did you see the world cup Zidane? No way! It was like a transformation when he played for France. I think most players were sick of how this team was run. Now things seem to be changing and I think the players are starting to believe the staff is working for them to win.

22. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    I wouldn't say Non-devotion....he is devoted to RM but not enough....
    The folks at RM for once saying what they mean and meaning what they say with him might go along way in getting the required devotion out of him.

23. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    I thought i was the only one that notice that about Zizou....he rarely if ever look his age when he played for France....
    After seeing him play for France then watching him in the following games for RM i often was left wondering what the fuk was going on over at RM....becoz they were two different guys

24. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Even so I think he could have gone higher but did not which is a shame as he has/had the skill to do it. His attitude is what drives people to start to dislike him ( like me ).

He was injured for a good amount of last season so that puts him down. CL...dont think I need to say anything. WC he was ok but not that great. My point still stands, ask people who they would have perfered on their team(in terms of last season), and I think most would say Villa/Toni ( ******** Eto'o:D ).

Ronaldo still has the attitude problem, Capello is a coach that wont stand for that. Its like a bomb just waiting to explode. Again it would be better for everyone involved if he moved on.

25. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nah, Zidane still showed the effort for us but played different because in France he had 2 DM's behind him. It is a lot easier to play with 2 DM's behind you.