The All-Purpose Ronaldo Thread version infinity (fans only)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mak9, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Yep, you have no clue what you're talking about.

2. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Thats the best you could do......:rolleyes:

3. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Get your facts about Ronaldo right Real Madrid fans. You surly don't know whole lot about him.

1- Before Injuries : Ronaldo was clearly the best player during that period by 2 WPOYs and nearly 2 Ballon D'ors 96-97 at just 20, 21years old.

2- During Injuries (1999-2001)
    ** Ronaldo was 2 times got surgeried in the same ligament but YET he was able to win Copa99 (topscorer) and Confed 99 (MVP) for Brazil. At Inter he was still managed an IMPRESSIVE record : 24goals/33 games ON /OFF playing as sub after 70th minutes in those 3years!

3- AFTER injury: 2002-2006
    ** Ronaldo :
    - 2002: 1WPOY FIFA , 1 Worldsport player, and 1 Ballon Dor + Goldenboot WC02 + SilverballWC02 + intercontinental Cup MVP.
    - 2003: #3 WPOY, 1liga 23goals/31games
    - 2004: #7 WPOY, Topscorer liga, 24goals/33games
    - 2005: Topscorer in WC06 SA groupc 10goals/12games
    - 2006: BronzeBoot WC06 3goals/5games
    (after injury, Ronaldo still in the TOP10 best nominees for WPOY for 3times the last 5years)

credit - Jamesbh11

4. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This argument is really pointless u know !! How many times did RM meet Arsenal in its history ?? Any stats regarding that .. I watch both the teams because of their different styles of football. After Ronaldo ends up at ACMilan, and we meet in CL, i can definitely say that u'll be supporting ACMilan then. Fcuk ACMilan, if he ends up Barca, i can see one more ELADO in the making !!
    And that particular game was the quitest game i've ever watched. Not even beer was consumed, coz i wasn't against both. I was just looking for a good game (ok, make that 2 good games).
    And comparing #9 to me is absurd.

5. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    he knows more about football then all of us doncha know? :p

wikipedia is so helpful

6. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Isn't this the same thing that u've posted on the ACMilan forum too ?? And the rest of the Ronaldo threads ? :D

7. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Ronaldo is simply the greatest player of this generation bare none. You sure don't know a whole lot about him. He's going down as top 5 when its all said and done if not the best ever.

8. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    If past achievements make the man on the field, lets take back don alfredo! another 5 straight years as european champions

9. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

As long as you think so

10. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ronaldo could have become the greatest player of his generation, if he had tried harder. Now he's not great anymore. Ppl just consider/considered him good. And if u think he can beat ZZ or Maradona or the rest, u've got to be kidding.

11. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    I can't believe all this is coming from a man who thinks Zidane is not part of the all time greats. Would you like me to copy-past some facts then add one sentence to it to prove my point?

12. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Don't waste your time. The facts are oblivious to all these fans.

13. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Its just so annoying.

Ronaldo WAS great. He WAS a phenom. Milan has put a 22 million euro price tag on him, Diarra is more expensive! He will be a legend, but RIGHT NOW is a different story

14. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This made me laugh.

Very innovative, you have to admitt

15. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    LOL - I should just quote this post from a great poster on another site to expose Zizo to all of you Real Madrid fans. Ronaldo > Zidane.

Here, read it and weep if you have time. Conentrate on the bolded parts
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are probably wondering why I BOTHERED to post what they have achieved? WELL why not? These are the TOP 4 players in history no? well why not take the TOP 2 players of this generation (R9 & Zizou) and compare them to the top 4?

Lets find out which of the two has similar traits or numbers/ who is more comparable to the top 4? Let’s see if Zizou and R9 can hold their own biggrin.gif:D:D

I’m going to make this easier:

Titles/Leagues won:
    Di Stefano (14) > Pele (11) > Cruyff (10) > Maradona (3) >< Zidane (3) > Ronaldo (1). = Zidane wins this match-up “however R9 might tie or surpass Zidane in the future”.

(Di Stefano) 5 CL’s & 1 Intercontinental Cup > (Cruyff) 3 CL’s & 1 Intercontinental Cup > (Pele) 2 Libertadores & 2 Intercontinental Cups, > (Zidane) 1 CL, 2 European Super Cup, 2 Intercontinental Cups, (Ronaldo) 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup > (Maradona) 1 UEFA Cup = Zizou again comes out on top.

International Trophies:
    Ronaldo 2 WC’s, 2 Copa Americas, 1 Confederation Cup, Sub 16 S.A. Champion, Sub 19 S.A. Champion, Bronze Medalist > Pele 3 WC’s > Maradona 1 WC, 1 World Youth Cup >< Zidane 1 WC, 1 Euro Cup > Di Stefano 1 Copa America > Cruyff N/A = R9 comes on top by far.

Personal Awards:

This gets tricky. Pele only won the S.A. POY award once (When this award came out – Pele was on the brink of retirement) > Maradona won the S.A. POY Award 6 times (The Ballon D’Or was only give to European players back then), Di Stefano 2 Ballon D’Ors (FPO were not available back then) Cruyff 3 Ballon D’Ors (Same as Di Stefano) Ronaldo 2 Ballon D’Ors & 3 FPO’s > Zidane 1 Ballon D’Or & 3 FPO’s = The reason why I put Pele & Maradona on top is because they were both won the “Player of the Century Award” one by an internet poll and the other by FIFA experts…BUT as you can see R9 surpasses Zidane in this category.

Ronaldo in his prime 94-99 was TOP 3 in history (even HOLA agreed to this) why?
    R9 in his prime > Zizou in his prime. Ronaldo was simply more dominant! During Ronaldo’s prime he was setting scoring records, winning trophies, winning awards and there was no doubt about who was the #1 player in the world.

On the other hand, although Zizou was dominant in his own right (he was mostly dominant in his midfield-role).

“The first professional team where Ronaldo played was São Cristóvao, in the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro, from 1991 to 1993. Like every aspiring footballer in Rio, Ronaldo applied for tests in the football school maintained by his favorite team, Flamengo, but he was not approved. In 1993, he was taken by Jairzinho, the Hurricane of the 1970 World Cup, to sign a contract with Cruzeiro, one of the major teams in the State of Minas Gerais.

In Cruzeiro, Ronaldo's abilities soon drew attention of coach Carlos Alberto Silva. Ronaldo played for the first time in Cruzeiro at age 16 during an excursion to Europe; back to Brazil, he was already a principal. In the Brazilian Championship of 1993, Ronaldo played 14 matches and scored 12 goals; in a single match against Bahia, he scored 5 goals.( a record in Brazil) After 60 matches as a professional, Ronaldo had scored 58 goals, more than Pelé had done in the same period” (PS.he scored 3 goals in his first ever game as a pro.)

He was good enough to make the 1994 WC side (Roberto Carlos & Rivaldo were left out). An 18 year old was brought to Europe (PSV) to replace the legendary Romario; NO PROBLEM 30 goals in 33 games (Total of 42 goals in 46 games in two seasons)…
    In Barcelona he scored a total of 34 goals in 37 games (he came to Barcelona – to ironically replace Romario) 49 goals in 68 games for Inter…and so forth…
    The man became the youngest FPO/BALLON D’OR Winner at age 19/20. He was the FACE of football and was labeled the next football king! (Don’t worry I have evidence of this). By the age of 21 he was Brazil’s go to guy! He led his country to the finals; O Fenomeno scored 4 goals and had 4 assists. He played as a ST/Support Striker – he created chances for his teammates and made a 34 year old BEBETO look good. Unfortunately, R9 had CONVULSIONS on the eve of the WC finals and was not able to deliver for Brazil. An inspired Zidane and Company came out on top. More injuries came but in 1999 R9 bounced back and led Brazil to their second straight Copa America (He was the tournaments top scorer). This was the end of his impressive and dominant PRIME.

Zidane’s Prime (98-03)
    See it’s hard for me to say Zidane was the best player in the world in 1998 because he IMHO wasn’t there yet. Ronaldo had a better year in 1998, true Zidane won all the awards but lets not forget something here. R9 scored 25 goals as a foreign rookie in Serie A, won the UEFA Cup, and almost won his first Scudetto but he was SCREWED by the mafia that is JUVENTUS (Zidane was a member of that juve side). R9 was CLEARLY taken down (99.99% would agree to this) and well why even bother anymore? Juventus got what they FINALLY deserved but unfortunately it came at the expense of O Fenomeno and others…
    In 1999 (This was Rivaldo’s years) Although ZIDANE was definitely the best midfielder in the world by now…in 2000 he once again won the FPY award however Zidane had a mediocre season. His numbers: 3 goals – 1 assist in 32 games. Juve didn’t win anything that year but he “dominated” the 2000 Euro. Personally, I believe Maldini & Nesta deserved better but that’s football for you! Zidane orchestrated each and every play. (His performance wasn’t as DOMINANT as people make out to be). It’s not like he scored 8 goals (Platni Euro performance) or scored 5 goals and assisted 5 (Maradona 1986 WC performance) but Zidane was dominant in his own way. I can clearly understand why Zidane was awarded the FPY award in 2000 (The Euro Cup was the only International Tournament that year) BUT I wonder then how come Charisteas (the greek striker) who scored 3-4 goals in the past Euro Cup – who led his NATIONAL side to their first ever Cup; I wonder why he didn’t recognition? His side eliminated France and defeated Portugal for crying out loud? (Instead Ronaldinho won the FPY without winning any club & international titles). Barcelona ended in second place and Dinho wasn’t a member of the Copa America Winning Brazilian side of 04 but yet he got the award that year. If Zidane was able to win this award in 2000 for having a good tournament; then why not Charisteas???

In 2001, Zidane again didn’t manage to win any titles but IMHO he had his best season as a midfielder: A total tally of 6 goals and 12 assists. Okay, he didn’t win any personal awards but there was no doubt about his status as the world’s best midfielder! In 2002, he struggled to adjust to la liga but he came up big time when RM needed him the most. Who will ever forget that remarkable goal of his? What a beauty! Unfortunately, he got injured days before the tournament began and was not able to help his NT advance. (We all know who won the awards in 2002). Come 2003, he teamed up with Ronaldo to deliver Real Madrid their 29th liga title.

My take as to why R9 is better: Why? He was a young prodigy (just like the TOP 4 in history were). By the age 21 he was on TOP of the world. RONALDO revolutionized his position. No one had seen a man of his size, so fast, being able to dribble like a Garrincha/Maradona, his scoring rates were of the charts, he was setting records, etc. You see MARADONA at 17 was left out of the 1978 WC side by el Flaco. He was arguably the best player on earth by age 21 but didn’t live up to expectation in 1982 WC. It was at age 26 (He was already a LEGEND in the making) when he won his first WC by leading his country almost single-handedly to triumph (5 goals/5 assists). RONALDO did make the Brazilian side at age 17 by age 21 he was bigger than life! O Fenomeno Ronaldo was scoring Maradonian type of goals – embarrassing all type of defensive schemes that were thrown at him.

For a football player to have his own shoe or shoe BRAND was unheard of back then… Well Nike hooked up with Ronaldo and the R9 brand was created! (Nike even build a Ronaldo statue outside their headquarters). R9 also became a UN Ambassador and asked "Zizou" to join him wink.gif.

Injuries came and R9 was out for nearly 3 years. People have forgotten that when R9 returned he HELPED Inter Milan reach maintain their lead (he scored 7 goals in 10 games)… until the very last game of the season. I remember, when he returned in 02 and scored against Brecia, his goal was played in every stadium in Italy, crowds/fans from different clubs stood up and applauded! (R9 = Il Calcio)!!!

His national side was in complete shambles. They had barely qualified for the 2002 WC (They did so by defeating Venezuela in the very last round of the qualifiers). Nobody gave them a chance. Romario was left out! Ronaldinho Gaucho was basically a star but not a superstar (he wasn’t the player he is today), and Rivaldo always seemed to perform better at club level than international level…there were too many questions…In addition, Brazil would have to relied on Ronaldo; An unfit-out- of shape-injury prone player! The end result: 8 goals in 7 games – becoming S.A.’s TOP WC scorer ever (tying Pele with 12 goals), and winning PENTA for Brazil. O Fenomeno was back! He is not the same player he used to be but R9 has done/is doing has NEVER been done before. MVB was not able to comeback name me another player that has been able to dominate this sport after having 3 (now 4) knee surgeries? ZERO, ZIP, NADA! In every country every day, people recover from ordeals to do extraordinary things that inspire those around them. This is what Ronaldo, with his goals, with his tears, reminded the world in Yokohama on that Glorious Sunday. I will never forget it: Ronaldo after the game thanked GOD, his doctor, and his family. The Past World Cup saw a 25-year-old who was presumed lost in Paris four years ago, but who inspired more people on that glorious Sunday than you could count in a hundred lifetimes!

Again, it is no secret he is not the same player anymore. But at this stage of his career he is ADDING to his legacy. His 03 and 04 seasons were on par with the Sheva’s and Henry’s. His last two seasons were not great but were not all that bad either. He’s been more consistent and far a better player than Zidane has ever since the 04 season. And he still has two years left with RM – who knows perhaps he will get an extension – I don’t know how many more titles/awards he will win – Only GOD Knows! But at this point R9 is only ADDING to his already legendary career!

In the 2006 WC – he came injured/out of shape not in form but ended up being Brazil’s best player along with Ze Roberto. Scored 3 goals – 1 assist and became the All-Time WC Top Scorer!

I liked Zidane’s 06 WC performance better than his 98 one. I still think didn’t deserve the Golden Ball, that’s for sure. Vieira was clearly the MVP of the French NT side during the group stages. Zidane played great against Spain and superb against Brazil. But against Portugal he was average and had a good/decent game (nothing stellar) against Italia in the finals.

Zidane has won the titles, the awards, but he has never been as dominant as Ronaldo or the other TOP 4 players in history. His 03 POY award and this latest golden ball award were gifts imho. NEDVED, Maldini, Ronaldo, Henry were all better. Cannavaro was the MVP of this WC not Zidane…
    Okay, I know what you guys are going to say. Ronaldo won his Second Ballon D’Or and 3rd POY in 2002 by performing well in only 7 games. Well it was Copa Year baby and do you guys remember a certain Paolo Rossi? The man was suspended for gambling and missed most of the 81-82 season. But won the 1982 edition of the Ballon D’Or due to his 1982 WC performance “6 goals in 7 games”. R9 scored 7 goals in 10 games, won his second WC 8 goals in 7 games, won the Intercontinental Cup (was named MVP of the game)…Without a doubt he was a worthy winner!

Zidane is an artist – the best midfielder the world has seen after Maradona retired!
    But his lack of goals is an ISSUE for me. He scored a total of 149 goals in 712 games, that’s a total average of 20.9%! French National Team: 31 goals in 108 games = 28.7%.
    Okay, I know what you guys are going to say: “Well he was a midfielder a pure/true 10”. That’s nice but you know what Maradona, Cruyff, Zico, Platini, Rivelino created/assisted as much/more than him and scored as twice as he did!

Zidane has scored a total of 5 WC goals (2 in 98) + (3 in 06) /2 assists (1 in each tournament). It’s funny how people say ZIDANE led France to their first ever title: B.S.! THE DEFENSE and Aime Jaquets tactics got him and France there! (Thuram scored his only to International goals against Croatia to advance to the finals for crying out loud)…Zidane showed up at the end and scored his two goals “ that came from set pieces/corner kicks” against a crappy Brazilian defense. In 02 he was injured; fine. In 06 2 of his goals came from the PK spot but he did manage to score a beauty against Spain. How many assists did he get in all three or two tournaments? The great PLAYMAKER/ASSIST MASTER only managed to get two assists…(1 in each tournament 98 & 06)…

Maradona scored a total of 8 goals and assisted 8. 5 goals / 5 assists in the 86 WC, 2 assists in 90, and 1 assist in 94…
    Cruyff 3 goals 4 assists in his only WC performance…
    Ronaldo 15 goals / 5 assists
    Rivelino 6 goals / 2 assists
    Zico 5 goals / 4 assists
    Platini 5 goals/ 3 assists …
    Garrincha 5 goals / 4 assists

These are just some of the names that have had better scoring ratios more assists throughout their careers.

Platini: 312 goals in 649 games = 48.0% French NT 41 goals in 72 games = 56.9 %
    Zico scored 729 goals in 1047 games and he was a midfielder (=69.6 %)! (I know he played in Brazil for the most part of his career but lets not forget the beating Flamengo gave Liverpool in the 1981 Intercontinental Cup Final). NT: 54 goals in 78 games = 73.0%
    Rivelino scored 237 goals in 757 games = 31.3 % NT: 43 goals in 122 games = 35.2%
    Gianni Rivera – scored 184 goals in 744 games = 24.7 % NT 14 goals in 60 games = 23.3%
    Garrincha – scored 232 goals in 581 games = 39.9% NT 17 goals in 60 games = 28.3%
    Van Basten – scored 242 goals in 338 games = 71.5% NT 24 goals in 58 games = 41.3%

Believe me I know it doesn’t matter how many goals you score what counts is when you score them…But how can you claim “ZIZOU is the 5th Football King” when others have put up better numbers (goals & assists) better goal scoring ratios won same amount of personal awards, etc?
    Zidane has won enough titles to be compared to the Top 4 in history – BUT his numbers are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH; not even close!

Di Stefano
    820 goals in 1151 games = 71.2%
    National Side: Argentina 6 goals in 6 games = 100%
    Colombia: 4 games 0 goals = n/a
    Spain: 23 Goals in 31 Matches = 74.1%
    Total of: 29 goals in 41 matches = 70.7%

Pele
    1282 goals scored in 1366 games = 93.8
    Brazil: 77 goals in 92 official games = 83.6

Cruyff
    425 goals in 752 games = 56.5
    Holland: 33 goals in 48 matches = 68.7

Maradona
    337 goals in 648 games = 52%
    Argentina: 34 goals in 91 games = 37.3
    Argentina (Youth Team) Scored 13 goals in 24 games = 54.1

vs

Zidane
    149 goals in 712 games = 20.9%
    French National Team 31 goals in 108 games = 28.7%

Ronaldo
    514 goals in 700 games = 73.4%
    432 professional goals in 596 games = 72.4%
    Brazilian NT 62 goals in 97 games = 63.9%

Uhmmmmm Out of the top 4 only PELE has a better scoring ratio than RONALDO. Di Stefano has scored more goals than R9 - 820 goals (but lets not forget Di Stefano played in the outlawed Colombia league for a good 5 years scoring 267 goals in 294 games). Lets do the math 820-267 = 553 uhmmmm very interesting! Keep in mind R9 missed nearly 3 years and he’s had 4 knee surgeries wink.gif; that my friend speaks volumes. Van Basten retired at age 28 and finished with 242 goals in 338 games! (R9 at age 27 had already scored 333 goals) Again, you have to keep in mind he was out of action for nearly 3 years (Now that’s bloody impressive).

As you can see Ronaldo’s numbers rank up there with the VERY BEST! On the other hand, Zidane’s number are relatively POOR and are not as good as the other TOP 4 players ever and not even as good as other past greats! Obviously, I don’t expect a midfielder’s numbers to be as good as a striker’s but the numbers are there in front of you guys! Go ahead and compare Zidane’s numbers to other midfielders and the end result is the same: Zidane’s numbers are not good enough!

Sure he won a CL, a WC, and Euro Cup. Zico didn’t win anything in the International Level, Platini only won one Euro, the same goes for Van Basten and Cruyff. Heck Maradona only won 1 WC and only managed to win one UEFA Cup!

Okay fine, I get it! BUT uhmmm if we were to follow this logic/thought process than how valid is this statement? Nilton Santos >>> Paolo Maldini! (N.S. won 2 World Cups and Maldini none). We all know Maldini was the better defender (one if not the greatest ever) and we all know he is the best LB in history don’t we?!!!

Do you get my point? (I hope you do now)!

In conclusion: Ronaldo fits the bill better. Alike the “TOP 4 players in the history of this game” – R9 was also a YOUNG PRODIGY! (Zidane was a good player – became a superstar at the age of 26).
    Ronaldo’s prime was by far more dominant than Zizou’s.
    R9 has won more personal awards, international cups, and club trophies.
    R9’s numbers match up better with the top 4 in the game and other past greats. Whereas, Zidane’s numbers? Well they pale in comparison!
    And R9 has had to battle through 4 knee injuries to accomplish all of his accolades!
    Oh yeah one more thing: Skills wise? Ronaldo in his prime was able to do things Zidane could only dream of…(i.e. dribble THROUGH 5-6 defenders “Maradonian goals”…)

I believe Paolo Maldini said it best when he was asked to describe how hard it is to play against Ronaldo: “My strongest opponent with Maradona.” – Paolo Maldini!

End of discussion. Props to that man for such a beautiful post. :)

Credit - Dagoods23

16. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    You are not gonna like the long post i put up.

17. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Whatever you posted doesn't mean a thing if he fails to perform on the pitch, where it really matters

18. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Dude, did you even read that. Read it before you speak. Those are all facts right there. lmao

Ronaldo can be compared to all top 5 footballers. Zidane pales in that comparison. Read that long post again to see how overrated your idol is.

19. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Stats, is that all you can come up with? if that's the basis of comparison then Aston Villa is better than Chelsea. RIGHT NOW is what's important, why can't you understand that.

I've been posting based on his performance at PRESENT

20. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Lmao, hahahahahahahahahaha

This guy lost it. Weren't we talking about how Ronaldo stalk up in the history of football? Well, read that post again and see yourself.

Ronaldo is simply the greatest of this generation and he's still playing.

21. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    So, is Aston Villa better than Chelsea? because the stats say so

22. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    LMAO - I give up.

I advise you to just take 5 minutes of your time and read that post cuz you surly haven't. It answers all your questions for you. Good night, i'm heading to bed. This is fun! lmao

23. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    lmao yourself. Why don't you go back then and read my past 2-3 posts where I talk about Ronaldo's present form

What're we (madridistas) suppose to do with those stats? print them out and put it where trophies should be?

AGAIN! Ronaldo will be a legend, I've said that before. What i've been trying to say is PRESENTLY he is nowhere near what you make him out to be. You use the word "IS" when you describe him which is not proper. He WAS the best striker in the world. He IS a legend. He WAS a Phenom. He IS part of the all time best

see what i'm trying to say? Ronaldo's awards mean squat to Real madrid if he can't perform but I also respect his past achievements

24. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nuff_said leave this argument. We can never have an unbiased debate with these lot. Try ignoring, it is fun.

25. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Before u head to bed, one more thing. We never said he was bad. But in the past 3 seasons, he is just fcuked. THe facts are really impressive, but u go ask any person in this world about Maradona / Pele / Ronaldo they're gonna know them. Why ?? The media credits most of the wins to the Goal scorers. Look at Becks, he's famous (especially with the girls) because he scores good goals from FKs. Ronaldo scored loads of goals, no doubt.
    What did he do for Real Madrid for the past 3 years ?? I dont give a fcuk if he was the greatest Brazillian player to grace this earth, or if he was the greatest player in the Serie A. How many fans here are going to say he's the greatest Real Madrid player ?? Maybe one or two, but those could possibly be ur alter egos. Let him buzz off from RM and possibly do better at any other club or even the next WC, and we're not going to have a second thought about him.
    Look at ZZ .. he retired and we can feel the void he created. Now thats wat u call irreplacable. Wat did ZZ do for the France NT ?? Who the fcuk cares ?? Wat we care is wat he did to RM !!
    Now i've said all i can say and if u still want to argue, it shows u're just another guy who collects Ronaldo idols, poster, having his stats pinned on the wall so that u can look at it the first thing in the morning (now that u're going to bed, u might have already been looking at his idol and dreaming).
    And sweet dreams !!