The All Purpose Other Teams Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    De ahora en adelante a Italia la van a llamar "Antartica"....

...porque esta abajo de Nueva Zelandia.

:D

2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But does their performance as a confederation over the last few WC's warrant it ?

I think they are hampered by not developing their own coaches and restricting their own brand of the game certainly west Africa powerful running game v-v North Africa which are more technically skilled.

Perhaps UEFA should cede the spot as they way football is going in Europe it's becoming sterile.

Japan completely outplayed Denmark in every respect. No Danish dynamite of 1986.

No dribblers or players of vision.

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for South America having more spots, just thinking about it from a mathematically basis.

4. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    instead of UEFA teams getting a play-off against each other, they should have to play other confederations...

for example last time, in UEFA there was greece vs. ukraine, two teams who belong no where near a WC.

then you had portugal vs. bosnia. ireland-france, russia vs. slovenia

what if greece had been drawn with uruguay in a play-off?

then what about portugal vs. ecuador

i wonder if either of these teams would be in the world cup if the play off system as different. i don't think portugal could beat ecuador over 2 legs home and away.

5. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One important factor that you are overlooking, and this is key, is the majority of the money in football comes from europe, FIFA are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is not a bad idea at all.

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aside from when Argentina played against Greece today is match day I most want to watch. Today it's decided whether or not Spain goes home. I have all my faith with Bielsa and his ability to read the spanish game.

Then the other game I want to watch, which is about to start is the Brazil Portugal match. I want to see where Brazil is offensively, especially after the fight within their ranks yesterday and how well Portugal is going to handle the pressure of needing to get a result.

8. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the anti futbol being played by brazil yet again is astonishing. fouling, hand balls, diving, its disgraceful.

ive never hated a brazil team more than this one.

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well done to Portugal for adopting Brazillian tactics, i.e. committing loads of fouls so that the opposition cannot develop any rythmn, they say impersonation is the sincerest form of flattery.:cool:

10. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Ronaldo's mission this match is to try to score from as far as possible no matter how ridiculous it is.

11. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    portugal has been bad, but don't even get me started on melo and alves, or that hand ball by juan that should have been a red.

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juan should have been sent off, oh, but of course he's Brazillian which means he cannot, under any circumstances be sent off.

13. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the amount of bias and propaganda in favor of brazil even today is sickening.

i'd rather watch ivory coast try and score 10 goals against north korea than brazil hack, flop, and cheat yet again.

mark my words, after the game, people will be talking about how imperious brazil was and that they are favorites :rolleyes:

normally i would like to say i'd like to face brazil in the final, but the tournament as a whole will benefit the faster this team gets knocked out

14. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes indeed.

The same old garbage trotted out by out illustrious pundits. Have they actually watched Brazil play since 1994 ?

Brazil this, Brazil that. Joga bonito. Beautiful women. The rhythm of the samba. How extraordinary their fans are.

All neutrals have Brazil as their second team. What a mountain of shite.

Has anyone asked Dr.Socrates his opinion on this side. A side that may have to rely on Baptista and Grafite......

And unsurprisingly as I reasoned why Dungbeetle had selected 4 DM's it's so when one is carded he can be replaced by another to cynically repeat his mistakes ie Josue and Melo. The former who committed almost a dozen fouls by himself in the Copa final.

Juan no red card ? I love the hypocrisy of the Brazilians such as Fabiano . No one can touch these arrogant so and so's but they can cheat away to their heart's content like they used to do when Havelange was pulling the strings at FIFA ie Codesal in 1990.

Hope they draw Spain and Spain do them.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The game is an utter joke. I also hope Brazil draw Spain. Regardless I would root for el loco and Chile if they do meet Brazil.

16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

And did you also notice that he looks up at the TV screens in the stadium , just to reassure himself ' yes the camera is on me'. What an egomaniac. :rolleyes:

17. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't understand the feelings of hate towards Brazil! Personally I couldn't be happier! They are absolute garbage and if we advance far enough to meet up with them, it's going to be easy pickings but this time we will WIN!

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am wondering if you saw the part where he kicked the grass like he was he a child. He was so frustrated that he wanted to cry lol.

19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I might have missed that........seeing what a dreadful game it was turning into .Unsurprising though. He needs to go to anger management classes the big baby. :D

At Real the times he rarely acknowledged Pipita clearly showed his anguish at not being the main man while his bumchum Kaka used to slap his backside whenever he scored.

Garay, Marcelo, Alonso etc had no problems congratulating our own sucessor to Stabile though.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A couple of new records so far this World Cup:

- South Africa has become the first host nation to not make it past the first round of the World Cup.
    - France and Italy didn't make it out of their respective groups (in fact, neither of the two even won a game). It's the first time that the two finalists from the previous World Cup don't make it out of the group stage.
    - The United States finished first in their group for the first time.
    - If Chile qualifies today, it will be the first time 5 South American teams make it to the Round of Sixteen.

Anyone else got any others?

21. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    I can't stand Crynaldo & how both he & Beckham are always cited whenever someone scores a great free-kick, implying they're the greatest dead-ball exponents of all-time & the only reference points that MUST be used in these occassions.

Both show ponies wouldn't get anywhere near my top 10 free-kick takers ever.

22. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    if spain wins.. they will finish first....so we need to face them on SF :(

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    VAMOS CHILE ************

i want them to win so badly and for spain to be knocked out!

CONMEBOL SEMIFINAL!

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    IF they win. Right now they are tying with Chile, so they'd be second. In this case, they'd be on the other side of the bracket (with Brazil & Holland), so we could only hypothetically face them in the finals.

In fact, with a tie or a loss, Spain could be eliminated in the group stage depending on the result of Switzerland-Honduras.

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    FCUK busquets! what a dive.