The All Purpose Other Teams Thread - Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Moishe, locoxriver, SupaMario and 5 others repped this.
  2. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rest in piece, Pele. Such a huge part of the sport as far as capturing people's attention and making them love the beautiful game.

afar, Moishe, soul24rage and 3 others repped this.
  3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know there is a huge rivalry and at times we made fun of the goals he scored and perhaps at times he was too much a mouthpiece for FIFA but nonetheless he was one of the greatest to play this game. Right up there in the top five perhaps with Messi's predecessor Garrincha.

If you watch him as a young player he was doing all the things some marvel at now sixty years ago.

A little piece of the rich tapestry of football history has disappeared. RIP.

afar, Moishe, SupaMario and 5 others repped this.
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Diego is far from a saint either and he himself would be the first to admit that. Before Messi era, Pele & Diego are two biggest icons of this sport , which is the most popular sport on the planet.

RIP to the champ!

afar, Burr, soul24rage and 3 others repped this.
  5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP legends.​

Moishe, Burr, soul24rage and 2 others repped this.
  6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    afar, Burr, soul24rage and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just waiting for Piers Moron to Tweet that the Saudi league is the beat in the world :)

soul24rage and Burr repped this.
  8. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    PSG is hot garbage without Leo and Ney. Medina has been a brick wall all day for Lens. Crazy how deep we suddenly are defensively and in the midfield.

afar, SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    0F69F950-8F8F-4AC0-9CC2-C57270176C7E.jpeg

Anda pa ‘lla coutinho!

10. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope to see Medina over Pezzella in March

SupaMario, Leon12 and ganapordiego repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pezzella will be there. We just have to remember the March friendlies will likely be to honor this team. But, hopefully we will be able to have a 35 man roster.

Speaking of Medina.

soul24rage and ganapordiego repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    1ABCE821-DAFB-4FFF-8536-DB572666AE78.jpeg

The man who scored the most important goal in Bernabeu history… and Cristiano

soul24rage, SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah complete an utter shit show. Embarrassing for the whole family. I really hope this doesn't derail his career. It's not unusual for a young talent to have a fight with a coach but this is a level way uncalled for.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’ve gotta say… I do not think his teammates would want him back. He already comes off as a brat but now he’s got his mommy and daddy trying to get him playing time in this manner? Some would call that entitled.

Burr repped this.
  16. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021

Patoeber, SupaMario, Burr and 1 other person repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just hope they do not seed the US and Mexico. They have to remember that they are guests to this tournament. They seeded both last time around, which was nonsense. I can understand the U.S. since they will be the hosts but definitely not Mexico.

Argentina
    Brasil
    Uruguay
    U.S.

But I don't know how I feel about this tournament being held in the U.S. again. I understand there is a lot of money involved but I do not like the fact that this tournament could help the U.S. and Mexico. We should not be doing them any favors. As I have mentioned this before, anytime the tournament was held in South America, and we invited the U.S., they sent a second team. They wanted to focus on the Gold Cup. Now all of a sudden they see this tournament worthy of their participation?

On a personal level, it is fine because they will have games here in the U.S. and it will be great to attend. But something tells that they will place Argentina in Miami or New York, where here in Southern California, we will be treated to Mexico v Honduras! :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

afar, ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  18. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Agreed. It would be a bummer for Ecuador not to get a seed as the 4th best Conmebol side, but also think the U.S. will be seeded in favor of them. Colombians won’t be too happy with a US based Copa as I know they were hopeful they’d get the tournament once Ecuador declined.

For selfish reasons, I hope you’re right about Argentina playing on the east coast like in the September friendlies. :D

soul24rage and SupaMario repped this.
  19. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of USA fans also want the challenge of playing on the road. We're tired of hosting nearly every tournament we play in. At least this time it sort of makes sense though since the next WC will be at home anyway.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  20. DrScorpio

DrScorpio Member

San Lorenzo
    Argentina
    Jan 6, 2022
    I don't like the idea of doing something with Concacaf, especially with USSF, they gave me the feeling of "le das la mano y te agarran el codo"

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The seleccion has come to the West Coast a few times. I remember in 2018, which I believe was Scaloni’s first match, where we played Guatemala. It was basically our second team, and we played in the dump that is known as the Los Angeles Coliseum. My family and I went to that match.

They had played each other, again in
    08, again in the Coliseum, and again in a blow out victory for us with our second team. Another game I attended.

But I do remember going to the match in San Diego, where we had our full team and thumped Mexico, which was basically a home game for them.

Ahh, the memories…

22. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ummm ok

soul24rage repped this.
  23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It'll be a one off. Marcelo will be eyeing up a very big job. Maybe even at Barca or one of the big clubs in England. He can pick and choose as his stock is incredibly high. He'll get a nice fat fee for this while he keeps pondering.

We have lost Gianluca Vialli as well. Great striker but above all a very nice person to boot.
    Gianluca Vialli: football has lost some of the twinkle in its eye | Football | The Guardian

The two former Sampdoria strikers and great friends that led that club to their only scudetto also led Italy to their European Championship win embracing here after the final at Wembley just over eighteen months ago.

afar repped this.
  24. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Eh ? :sneaky: :D There some video of the celebrations in Tampa. Were you there ? Hope CC is around too.

Burr repped this.
  25. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry it's a bit complicated I love both countries lol. I didn't go but I was surprised to see so many people celebrating on the news! It never felt like there were many Argentinos here growing up.