The All Purpose Other Teams Thread - Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That would be a perfect scenario. They did sent them home in 2018 when Portugal was Euro champ, or chump:laugh:

I think they're capable of finishing first. Although Uruguay sometimes dont get best result againts non big teams, which is odd at times.

DTCrackheads and Christina99 repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both were favorites in WC 2018 yet only progressed as far as Sampa's Argentina, and we faced 2 finalists while they're playing the likes of morocco & Russia lol

Burr and Christina99 repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was somewhat entertaining but both teams lacked proper finishing. But both sides also looked vulnerable in the back.

But you’re right. When two European teams play each other, I find it a bit boring. The fans and teams have zero passion.

locoxriver, Burr and Christina99 repped this.
  4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hopefully they don't make any changes. Stay the course! lol

Rattlehead and SupaMario repped this.
  5. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Please, Please, PLEASE if you want to have a laugh, for pure Schadenfreude enjoyment, go and read the Mexican futbol forum posts!! Those are some of the most delusional fools you will ever see.

There is no team, other than Chile, that is less accomplished but carries themselves like the cock of the walk. Mexico is a fourth tier soccer nation that is losing ground to Canada, after seceding to the US as top dog in CONCACAF. Realistically, they are now behind Canada and the US, but think they can hang with us. Truly truly delusional fools. Can wait to smack them like we ALWAYS DO

SupaMario, DTCrackheads, Burr and 5 others repped this.
  6. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is not like they gonna beat us even if they hire Guardiola:ROFLMAO:. We smack' em like we always do

Rattlehead repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1682 SupaMario, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    I’m watching the Netherlands v Belgium and the Dutch have been pretty good. They scored from a great shot from the outside. They’ve attacked pretty effectively.

As for Belgium. Lukaku left the game about 30 min into the game with an injury and Courtois is out. They’ve had their chances as well, they’ve hit the post and had a couple others chances.

But, again, both teams have looked soft in the back. I think the Dutch are playing with three in the back.

Great second goal for the Netherlands. A poor giveaway in the midfield and a fast break led to a goal. Scaloni and our players should take note because the Netherlands could potentially be a QF opponent.

8. If so, the world will sit with popcorn as we always have epic matches against each other:cool:

locoxriver repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Indeed. The Dutch look really good right now. It is 4-0 now and they are making it look easy.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While I’m not watching, France and Denmark are 1-1. The game is in France and these two teams will play each other at the World Cup and again, either team could be an opponent in the KO stages.

Anybody watching this? I’m interested in seeing how either team is playing.

11. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm watching France vs Denmark who could potentially be one of our round of 16 opponents. Denmark is solid playing deep with a back 5 with a midfield of 4. If we do even face them, I'm not worried about their offense that much. It's their defense that's going to be a bit of pain to break down.

For France, think that they are relying of Benzema and Mbappe for their individual quality whereas in 2018, every player had a good level and contributed one way or another.

Poland vs Netherlands would be another to watch this Saturday. Pretty sure Scaloni will be watching and analyzing these games.

Rattlehead, ganapordiego and SupaMario repped this.
  12. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Denmark scored to make it 2-1. France defense changed with the injury of Varane and their defense is not as good as it was back in 2018.

Rattlehead and SupaMario repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We lifted our second thropy at their home soil, scores goal of tournament in 2006 againts them. Batigol's brace blew them away in Copa 1993 final. They always bring us happiness.

On other news, France has sent a warning to everyone, by losing to Denmark.

14. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I predict our round of 16 and quarterfinal matches are gonna be harder than semis and final.

So we either, imo, crush out early (before semis) or we win it all. This team is too strong mentally to lose a final (and we never lose semis). R16 and QF could be harder, and we might face tough opposition (Denmark/France , Netherlands)

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perhaps. The Danes seem to be one of those teams like the Swiss in 2014. I do not want a match like that. But I think overall, we are better than that side by quite a bit.

I’ve looked at who can be our opponents if we win deeper into the tournament. Just looking at Brasil.

If Brasil win their group, they could potentially play, Uruguay or Portugal. Then, they could either play the winner of group E, which could be Spain or Germany vs 2nd in F, which could be Croatia or Belgium(If we are just talking about the best teams on paper).

Brasil play in later groups, which means they’ll know for the most part their road to the final. If they see if they have an easier path to the final by finishing second, they’ll do it. Do not be surprised if they take a dive(More some than Neymar and Vinicius). I think they’re going to look closely at group D, and if France manage to finish second, that would mean, their path to the final could be, Portugal, Germany/Belgium and England. But either way, they’ll have to play Spain or Germany(Of course, both teams need to get out first and reach the QFs).

soul24rage repped this.
  16. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1691 Ceres, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    Denmark never play with 5 in the back, it's either with 3 CB's in a 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 if you like), and then depending on how that turns out they may change to a 4-4-2 during the match as they also did against France.

France - Denmark, Jun 3, 2022 - UEFA Nations League A - Match sheet | Transfermarkt

17. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't see much of Denmark's game besides the Euro Semis, but from yesterday's game, it was a back 3 on paper, but when defending it was a back 5.

upload_2022-6-4_6-25-30.png

ganapordiego repped this.
  18. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If anyone is interested, Saudi Arabia is playing Colombia just one hour before the match vs Estonia. Be a good match to see how Saudi Arabia does against a Conmebol team.

ganapordiego repped this.
  19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1694 Ceres, Jun 4, 2022

No, it a back 3 with 3 CB's in reality as on paper, the right midfielder that you apparently seem to consider to be more of a right back, Daniel Wass, also primarily play as a RM, CM or DM for his club team Atletico Madrid and Joakim Mæhle who played in left midfield, was one of Denmarks best attacking players both in the first and 2nd half in this match, where he also made the assist for the game winning goal, and at any rate, he also scored 2 goals and made a decisive assist at the Euro's and made 5 goals in 9 games in the WC-22 qualifiers, so having made 9 goals and 4 assists for Denmark in 29 games so far, he is hardly what could be considered a defensive minded left midfielder.

The reason Denmark started out a bit more careful than usual was because 1) Both team captain Simon Kjær and and Andreas Christensen were missing in the two key CB positions and 2) they were playing away from home in France against the reigning Champions in front of almost 76,000 people in the stands.

I saw the ESPN FC crew talking about France not quite being in tune and still trying to figure out and deciding if they should play with 3 or 4 in the back, to be able to know exactly what they are doing. Well, Denmark were starting out with 3 and then changing to 4 in the back as the matched progressed, knowing exactly what they were doing, and they were even doing it without their 2 key starters in the CB position.

So the truth of the matter is, that Denmark were and have been doing for a very long time now, what France tactically are having trouble with, and Denmark even changing from 3 to 4 or the other way around in the back during this and their other games, so that they can do both while still being highly in tune, solid in the back and efficient.

20. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm talking only whenever Denmark is defending in yesterday's game. This was apparent in the 1st half. They were defending with a line of 5. More screenshots from the match itself.

upload_2022-6-4_8-41-19.png

upload_2022-6-4_8-44-34.png

upload_2022-6-4_8-44-42.png

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

A few screenshot do not tell you anything about the actual gameplan, You can also find screenshots of Mæhle being the most highly active in the Danish attack in the first half and almost scoring a goal. And Denmark played 4-4-2 after France went up 1-0, a tactical move that totally changed the game around and France were not able to properly respond to.

22. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What was the actual gameplan whenever Denmark was defending? Were the wingbacks in line with the midfielders or in line with the 3 CBs?

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1698 Ceres, Jun 4, 2022

The game plan was playing with 3 CB's in the back, but because the two key CB's were missing and Jannik Vestergaard is kind of a slow moving CB, but very good in the air, he had been told to stay in the penalty area and leave it up to especially Daniel Wass to help him out. I would say that Mæhle in left midfield was not really all that defensive minded, but he is a hard working player, and obviously you will be able to find some screenshots of him defending too, even when it's not his main task.

24. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

I dont seen much of 5 being on line in defense when France is attacking, when looking at the extended highlights :

25. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Based on this assessment, I think its natural that the team would defend in a line of 5 in the 1st half, but we can agree to disagree.

I am looking forward seeing the Sept. matches when both Christensen and Kjaer are back as I do predict Denmark to get out of their WC group.

Ceres repped this.