The All Purpose Other Teams Thread - Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Their fanbase are absolutely cringe. They talk way too much for a nation that has never achieved much. They do produce cracks every now and then and should be better than what they historically are. I think Uruguay will give them problems and they could possibly give the brazucas problems.

I know the Gallinas have a soft for them and they’ll defend them but I’ll only root for them when and if they face up v Brasil.

soul24rage repped this.
  2. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn,i missed the colombia game cause was working late and just arrived home:cry:, can someone tell me how they played? I heard James killed it!

3. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pretty solid, with some hardworking midfielders that allows James more freedom (similar to how we do with Messi). They are not as technically good as Argentina, but they have some physical players who can cause trouble.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Other than Diaz goal, the only thing I remember from Colombia in 2021 semi was their countless tackles.

soul24rage repped this.
  5. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    HT: Brazil 0-0 Costa Rica

No way that Brazil is going to tie vs Costa Rica?

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be fair, I prefers them to have a hot start. Maybe a late goal from them, probably from penalty.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is why Messi once refused his individual award at Copa. Its meaningless without the winning result, except for cry7.

upload_2024-6-25_9-29-13.png

8. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Masterclass by Alfaro.

10. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT: Brazil 0-0 Costa Rica

This Brazil side is so disjointed, especially the midfield. Savio was good though.

The Brazil shirt must be very heavy on Vini as he looked crap once again. I fancy Colombia to beat them in this group stage.

Brazil desperately needs Neymar back for some creativity.

11. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil draws against weekest side in their group! Colombia can certainly beat Brazil and Paraguay, who I thought was currently weak, looked pretty good against Colombia. Last time Brazil dumped out of the group stage in CA??

Albiceleste2010, Mac Attack and aerez repped this.
  12. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    2016. Ironically, that also happened in the USA as well.

But I really doubt Brazil will get grouped.

johnbarley2 repped this.
  13. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brazil has to face paraguay and colombia. A good chance they upset brazil both, which could eliminate them in group stages.

Would be beautiful

Albiceleste2010 and Mac Attack repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In 2004, Brazil lost to Paraguay and finished 2nd in their group. However, they ended up winning the semi and final on penalties.

For some reason having a slow starts seems to put big teams under less preasure. We only scored 1 goal in first 3 games in previous Copa, including draw against Chile in opening. 2022 start was even worst.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol@ Canada.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #2866 Rattlehead, Jun 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
    Brazil definetely should be more worry about Paraguay. They actually beat Brazil in Copa 2004, 2011, 2015. Basically they have the best record against them in Copa since 2000. Paraguay also beat Brazil in Copa 1979 when they won their second Copa.

In fact most Brazil lost to Paraguay has always been to Paraguay.

17. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Ya, the guaraníes normally play well against Brazil. Almost knocked them out in 2019 as well. Paraguay played a man down! But this Paraguayan side is subpar.

Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People actually had the nerve ( Well the Real Madrid fools) to say the Brasil should drop Ney from now on and let Vinicius take over the reigns. Now, the supporters are turning on Vinicius where they're saying "He does all that for Madrid but is a ghost for the seleção." It is similar to what Messi had to deal with but the reality was Messi was 10x the player Vinicius is or ever will be and he was a likable figure. Vinicius is a unlikable clown.

19. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly a pretty disastrous result for the league. The world was tuning in to see a historic reverse sweep and instead they were treated to the Turds boring anti hockey barely hanging on to ruin the fun, with a Charmin soft goal as the winner. But boy does Lord Stanley hate Canada...

Mac Attack repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That might be all true and I do feel bad for Connor. But if he wants to come to Chicago and join forces with the Blackhawks, you know a franchise who knows how to win Stanley Cups.:D I do not think he'll ever get the Cup in Edmonton. He could stick it out like Ovie but it just seems that the Oilers are just jinxed.

Tampa Bay, Vegas, and Miami all have won Stanley Cups in recent memory, while all Canadian sides are sitting there twiddling their thumbs around.

Let that sink in. Tampa Bay(2X). Vegas. Miami. You know, the hotbed for hockey. The irony with the Panthers winning it is that they were founded in 1993, which is the same year the last time a Canadian side won the Cup.

Burr repped this.
  21. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    mc david not on par with the greats. didn't show up when it mattered

farts in your face.

22. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it would be better for him to join the blackhawks honestly. That would be awesome to play with bedard.

oilers are a joke organization. So much hype and all dust.

I'm a habs fan, so I really don't care if oilers win or lose. Would have been nice, but my energy is for copa america.

As much as bettman is a cockgobbler, if canadian teams haven't figured out success is just copying american teams to win. I don't know much more what can be said.

mcdavid needs to leave edmonton and go to a serious american club.

Maybe he'll go to st.louis blues or red wings where he eliminates the black hawks

23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wonder how Corey Perry is feeling.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, he already has a SC, so he shouldn’t feel too bad.

But it’s kinda like Hossa, where he went to three straight Stanley Cup Finals with three different teams (Penguins, Red Wings and Chicago). He lost two straight and finally got with a franchise that won him three Cups.

That was my boy.

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This time, (I'll probably be completely wrong, I usually am), I think you can say the Copa is not just about Argentina and Brazil, Colombia and Uruguay both look strong, should make it more enjoyable than just being just a 2 horse race.