The All Purpose Other Teams Thread - Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Jun 6, 2011.

1. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If there wasn't a more corrupt league with more corrupt team in all of football, the Almeria vs Real Madrid game is all you need to know.

Rattlehead repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ganapordiego repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not watching the AFCON competition but keeping my eye on some of the matches and Morocco were sent home today v the RSA. But this commentator is something else.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Granted, I only saw the tail-end of the second-half but that was quite an entertaining match between Australia and South Korea. The Aussies were up 1-0 until in the 90+6 they gave up a PK, which sent it to ET. South Korea scored and they progress into the semis.

Burr repped this.
  5. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that was a fun game. Not sure Klinsmann deserves to advance but Korea are fun to watch

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am watching the Nigeria and RSA and the technical ability from both sides has been pretty abysmal.

On a side note, the Asian Cup(Or whatever is called) will be played by Jordan and Qatar. This is the same Qatar who got humiliated at home in 2022? Kinda interesting that South Korea has never won this tournament.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, I’m hearing they might introduce this thing called a “Blue-Card.” It’s apparently foul between a yellow and a red, where the player who committed the foul to be out for 10 minutes? So, a power-play to some sorts. You know players will take advantage of this if it does get implemented.

Leave. The. Game. Alone.

Patoeber and locoxriver repped this.
  8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sounds like people from bigsoccer have been hired by FIFA. :laugh:

9. Patoeber

Patoeber Member

Argentina
    Apr 3, 2014
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's going to be an absolute shitshow. Too big of a grey area. I suppose the ultimate goal is to make the yellow card get this blue card atributions as a whole, same as rugby. That would be bad but somewhat reasonable. Three different cards is madness.

10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why blue? Orange is literally between red and yellow lol. How does it accumulate? Does a yellow and a blue equal red? Do two blues equal red? Too complicated. Just ref the game properly and not like a coward.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bayern suffered 3 consecutive defeats in less than 10 days. They won the league for 11 years in a row but it seems that Harry Kane's curse finally will makes Bundesliga interesting again.:laugh:

Albiceleste2010, locoxriver and Burr repped this.
  14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, let me get this straight... The MLS decided to put its matches on AppleTV. But not all the matches, some will go to ESPN. However, if you want all of the matches not only do you need AppleTV but also subscribe towards MLS season pass? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's a great way to build the game in the U.S.

locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pogba given a four year ban for doping.

Yikes!

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just realized the European golden shoe race is not between Haaland & Mbappe but currently between Kane & Lautaro:laugh:

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What kinda game is this?!

19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It has nothing to do with footballing reasons. It's flexing their financial muscle and showing we deserve to be recognized as with their WC bid which is a joke. However nothing can take away from their appalling record on human rights. Newcastle fans get mocked all the time for taking the petrodollar. Saudi Arabia United. A few decent ones stopped supporting the club but football fans are so fickle. Many of these were criticizing UAE City a few months before due to their ownership by the odious Qatari regime.

20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Deserved it. Trying to wriggle his way out of t. I don't approve of drugs in any shape or form given the misery they cause to the idiots that buy them and get addicted. The social problems created and especially the violence generated as in Mexico and across South America which puts civilians lives at daily risk.

Rattlehead repped this.
  21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice. Reminds me of when I was a kid and matches used to go ahead in the snow. Lines cleared. Sometimes a phone call from the club like Watford for volunteers to clear the stands and approach roads for free tickets while the ground staff cleared the lines. And a big orange ball. Hope anyone caught up in the winter storms on the West Coast is okay.

Burr repped this.
  22. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And people wonder why MLS doesn't adopt the European schedule... You'd have half the season played like this in some places.

23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be honest Burr the way climate change has affected the climate in western Europe more than the landlocked central and east you rarely experience snow anymore unless you are at a very high elevation.

The problem for some clubs is flooding although most modern pitches can cope with it there is a very real possibility that some stadiums will be eaten up by rising sea levels or need expensive protection. Miami of course is very vulnerable.

Just to show how Valentin Carboni is playing with Monza. Very elegant and on a par with Paz. Plays anywhere across midfield as the modern midfielder like Mac and Enzo do. Does everything well. His footballing IQ and vision and the way he holds and releases the ball long and short, drops into space, knows when to take on an opponent or not is very mature. Added to that he's very tenacious, gritty and has a decent left foot shot.

Just needs to work on his initial step, core strength and most definitely his right foot. His mentality off the pitch is top class too. 18 years old he is the first to training and the last to leave. A dream for a coach to have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

ganapordiego repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While everyone obviously links him to Real Madrid, the English press is now reporting that Man City is making an attempt to sign Mbappe (supposedly already met with his agent)

If this goes through, what would happen with Julian? He’d become unjustly relegated with a Haaland-Mbappe attack

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

A part of me would get a big laugh if he does go to City because Madrid fans would lose their minds. But, Julian would have to leave. There is no ways around it. Maybe go to Munich, Liverpool or somewhere, I don't know...

But man, looking at this goal from Mbappe, it was the same exact move he was trying to put on our players at the last play of the Final. Thank goodness for Enzo dislodging the ball and Dybala blasting it to orbit.

Yikes!

Rattlehead and locoxriver repped this.