The All Purpose Other Teams Thread - Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Simeone! future NT coach for sure.
    also, f*** cheslea.

Pipiolo, Rattlehead, dilladon and 2 others repped this.
  2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think most people appreciate what a fantastic achievement it is for Atletico to be two matches away from winning La Liga and in the champions league final. This is a club that sold their top scorer in the summer and have a wage bill lower than Fulham's and QPR and less money than Sunderland.

3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Somebody call Mastercard for this one.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It looks like he's about to throw a magical fireball straight to his face:laugh:

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, it appears that there will be an additional CA here in the US for 2016. As of right now, it is not sanctioned by FIFA which will mean clubs will not be forced to allow their players to really go(Similar to Olympics, but there are ways around it, of course). I doubt the top players will be there, because the previous year, we will have our traditional CA held in Chile. Not only that, it is an Olympic Year(Granted the CA 2016 will be held around early June and the Olympics will be held in August), I just do not see many players playing 2 different tournaments that year. Sure, in 2004, many of our players played CA and the Olympics. Who knows though, this could be a warmup tournament for the Olympics, and it will be a U23 side of some sorts. Because, think about this, lets say a player does in fact decide to play everything, every tournament. He will be playing a World Cup in 2014, a CA in 2015, a CA in 2016, an Olympic in 2016, a Confederations Cup in 2017, and another World Cup in 2018.... Is this even plausible? I highly doubt that. I think at the most, from 2014-2018, a player will only want to play at the most in 4 tournaments. 2014 WC, 2015 CA, 2017 Conf Cup, and 2018 World Cup.

Regardless though, whoever hits the field in the US in 2016, I will be there. Los Angeles will for sure be one the locations.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard the locations were going to be Los Angeles (Rose Bowl), Palo Alto (Stanford Stadium), New York/New Jersey, Miami, Orlando, Houston, and Washington.

Should be cool. 16 teams -- 10 CONMEBOL, 6 CONCACAF. I imagine it being a U-23 type of thing, like you say, but I'll still possibly be down to travel to one of the non-LA venues if there's some really interesting match for us.

I imagine most of our games will take place in the east coast either in Miami or New Jersey, but I could be wrong.

SupaMario repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I have that feeling as well, NY and especially Miami has large Argentine communities there. Mexico or Central American teams will be placed in CA,AZ or Texas. I have been to 2 games since moving to the US, against Guatemala and against Mexico in San Diego. Argentina will sell games wherever they go! Bring them to CA again!

locoxriver repped this.
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It would make more sense IMO if the Copa America was the 2016 Edition...

After all, America is a continent from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego and I think its good to compete against North American teams.

Not to mention, the Copa America has been really devalued ever since CONMEBOL started inviting teams like Japan, that have absolutely nothing to do with America... Sure invite the US or Costa Rica or Mexico, but inviting teams like Japan is just nonsense

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh and on another note, just to prove the AFA isn't the only incompetent federation in CONMEBOL, Uruguay is going to expand their primera division to 20 teams...

Right now they have 16, and to be honest other than Nacional and Peñarol the teams in Uruguay are practically amateur. They play on shit fields that have a couple of bleachers and capacity for maybe a thousand or so (which is why Nacional and Peñarol play all these games in the Estadio Centenario, essentially make all games a home game for the big 2)

If Uruguayan football authorities are seriously trying to figure out how to make Nacional and Peñarol relevant in South America again, I couldn't think of a way of making it harder for them to be competitive...

Pobre el fútbol sudamericano :(

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to Atlético de Madrid! I am very happy for Cholo, what a season. Had to go into Camp Nou to get a result, and they did. Even when they went down, they fought, without their 2 important players, Arda, and Diego Costa. Who would've though, Sosa won a La Liga! :D

13. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Glad they won, Simeone is an idol

Pipiolo repped this.
  14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    FCB need to go buy defenders. They will also get a new manager, it looks like it will be Luis Enrique, Lulz. He was horrrrrrrrible, when he managed Roma. Some rumors have Masche out as well, maybe to Napoli. Who knows. But FCB need to revamp that team. Messi and Iniesta are untouchable, everybody else, watch-out.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mascherano is the heart and soul of Barcelona without Puyol and Valdes on the field they have absolutely no leadership. Now, the only three players with huevos and attitude are leaving the club if it is true that Mascherano is heading to Napoli.

I have a feeling things for Barcelona may get worse before they get better, since they basically need to find an entire new spine of the team...

I also couldn't believe they ended the match with Pique playing as their #9.

Barcelona is going to have to buy 6-7 players to win la liga next season. They need a goalie- and i'm not sure the german they bought is the answer, a few defenders, a central midfielder, and they need a real 9. Theres no way a club with the kind of money Barcelona has is in need of a goal and their only solution is to put Pique as an emergency forward

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    David Luiz worth 80 million dollars?
    [​IMG]

Siempre_Albiceleste, Dage and locoxriver repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :thumbsup:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...simeone-sheds-no-tears-heartbroken-atletico-0

"This match doesn't deserve a single tear," said the Argentine.

"When you give everything you cannot ask for more. There is another team and other players out there and that is football.

"It is part of the game. You can win, or you can lose and today it is our turn to lose but at least knowing that we have given it everything.

"He booted the ball towards me and I got annoyed. That is why, he is young. I didn't think it was a good reaction and mine probably wasn't either.

"He is great player and with experience he will learn because he has a big future ahead of him."

18. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was rooting against Real Madrid and DiMaria, but he deserves accolades for today's performance. On top of an excellent performance, he probably saved Varane's life by keeping Simeone from murdering him. LOL, you could clearly see the fear in Varane's eyes.

DiMaria the best player of the match, Sosa the worst.

19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What ? Ronaldo and Bale were the best players in the match..........

Sickening to see Real win. Simeone is a born winner. Atletico have a far smaller squad and losing Turan and Costa made a bigger difference to them. One billion pounds to win a tenth title.

Cristina just confirmed that he is a top class ****.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isnt any players playing in EPL worth billion of dollars?

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unless you rate player based on his goal, Di Maria was the most constant threat for Atletico defence, either with his dribbles or his countless crosses in that match, trying to setup the goals for Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo.

The fan fav MOTM according to UEFA was Ramos and the official MOTM was Di Maria, even an English site like Daily UK picked Di Maria as MOTM and gave Bale only 6 rating. He missed series of good chances before that last one and without Ramos goal, they would have lost. Ronaldo? as usual, the coach always gave him freedom to shoot as much as possible.

In my mind, Cholo is the winner. I mean if Football is suppose to be 90 mins game, AM is the winner, clear winner. But RM for the second time in 3 weeks, got a 5 minutes injury time for no reason. When they draw in La liga few weeks ago, they also earned 5 mins injury time even though there's no major accident in the game.

Pipiolo repped this.
  22. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    DiMaria was given MOTM, rightfully.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is a shame Cholo's side couldn't hold on; However, going this far and winning all he has won for them, I think he deserves all the praise he gets, same goes for his side.

As for Di Maria, I did not fully watch the 2nd half of the game but I am glad he got the praise he got. I doubt Real lets him go now, but if he gets a good offer I hope he takes it and leaves that club that is filled with a bunch of douches.

I do wonder where this leads Cholo though. I hope Atlético can hold onto Koke, Costa appears to be gone, and wonder who they will get to replace him. They will get plenty of money, but maybe go after Icardi or somebody else. Maybe it will be good for Icardi to have Cholo's guidance, Cholo will seriously beat his ass if he gets out of line. Their GK appear to be a goner as well, Chelsea want him back, so maybe go after Willy? Cholo has brought a new attitude for this side, with the little resources they have, they have squeezed out every single drop.

24. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    sad watching atletico come so close (without 2 key players). Di Maria was a constant threat and never run out of gas. Ronaldo's showboating was disgusting, never in a million year would that penalty b awarded but we all know cristina wanted his highlight. Left a bad taste in my mouth

mattteo repped this.
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One thing that Cholo and his side has proven is that strong determination could lead you into glory. It;s also one the reason why the average 86 & 90 team could reached back to back final while the starstudded team in last 2 decades are choking up. Barcelona this season is a proof that having technically good players dont mean shit if you aint fighting enough for the ball (Messi should take notes).