The All Purpose Other Teams Thread - Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #876 Rattlehead, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Wesley Sneijder won treble in 2010 and all key players of Spain also has tons of caps that year. They're in WC final not Argentina.

As for Simeone, with the money and squad depth that the big/rich team possessed, I dont see Atletico Madrid taking the world by storm in the future. They can have some good runs for some period but to actually win multiple titles ( and I'm talking about league and CL not Copa del rey) , would be hard to compete with Barca and RM in a long run.

An optimisctic article on Argentina chance this year

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lasico-displays-boost-argentinas-brazil-dream

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You talk about "outdated philosophy", but then propose Bianchi -- the synonym of outdated philosophy-- as the right candidate. :confused:

Did you see how well his Atletico played, or how Boca's been doing ever since he took over? I'm not just talking about results, but also the way his teams play. Pure definition of outdated philosophy and lack of new ideas.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PSG-Chelsea game was fairly entertaining. Scolari was there to see some of his players, David Luiz scored in front of Scolari, unfortunately for Luiz, it was an OG. :ROFLMAO:

4. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let's hope he still picks Sideshowbob though. A disaster waiting to happen..... :)

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea for you and your river buddy who always agreeing each other posts, only river players or coach has an up to date philosophy.:cool:

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It has nothing to do with River/Boca, but ok.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I enjoy Cholo's Atlético Madrid team play. They show a lot of heart and desire. Their fans are always up for any game too, unlike Real and Barca when at times their stadiums look empty. Lets see if they can hold on and make it to the semis. This would be a great achievement for them.

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They did, reminds me of Roman's Villareal that almost reach the final.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is great to see. Cholo is a true leader. I can already hear the drums banging for him to be next DT of the NT. His teams don't play pretty but show so much heart.

I hope to see

Real-Munich
    Atl-Cheslea

Semis. But they might set it up in a way that the 2 Madrid side play each other and Pep-José square off again, now with 2 different teams.

Rattlehead repped this.
  10. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I feel bad for Tata martino. He must have a legal contract to start Neymar.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #886 SupaMario, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    I feel even more bad for Tata about all the slack he is getting. Likely more than half of the Barça posters probably don't or didn't know a thing about him before he was hired. they think he is some bum. I find it comical reading some of their comments. Tata is a fine manager that should be respected. Sure, his hire was because of Messi, but there are those who think he is not up for the position.His recent resumé with clubs and national team speak for themselves. Even with FCB. He won his first 8 games, did not lose in first 14 La Liga games, has beaten Real Madrid twice this season, in striking distance of being in 1st place of La Liga, in the final of the CdR and yet, people want to sit there and chastise his choices. Didn't Guardiola lose his game in La Liga to Hércules? Give the man time and let him build something. If AFA give Tata the DT position after the World Cup, I will gladly take him.

Rattlehead and locoxriver repped this.
  12. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Agreed. Not to mention his team been heavily hit with injuries. I have been saying it for a while, Barca has players living purely based on their reputation. Their squad is too thin and weak in my any areas for them to be an automatic contender for every trophy.

Rattlehead and locoxriver repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I get that Tata Martino is good guy and all but tonight I think he got it completely wrong.

There's not enough space or enough ball to play Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio, and Cesc in midfield... Cesc was lost and did nothing. Alexis should have started or at least minimum come on to start the second half. Even niembro pointed this out... When niembro is out coaching you, you know you're in trouble

Then, he took out iniesta. Iniesta wasn't having his best game, but you can never take off iniesta. He should have taken off Alves and gone to a back 3... Alves was practically playing for Atletico he was so bad

And also, I don't quite get Pekerman and some others blaming neymar... I get the dude is Brazilian, but come on... He was the only Barcelona player who did anything. Did you see his "caño" on juanfran which lead to a perfect pass to messi who shot wide.

Neymar also almost had a goal when courtois came out and knocked the ball away to messi who took too long and couldn't shoot.

Also, don't forget the only reason Barcelona even had a chance in the tie was because of Neymars goal in the first leg. He was the only barça player to score on atletico this season. His header gave them the super cup after all

Messi on the other hand was terrible. I don't watch Barcelona as often as some of you, but this was the worst game I've ever seen Messi play for the Catalans. The only time I've seen him look so off/disinterested was during the qualifying for South Africa 2010 when he was terrible and had just 4 goals in 18 games

Pipiolo repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No doubt about it, I blame them on living in Pep era success (with some of key players dated back from Rijkard era). What they never reliase (or never want to) is that , a golden generation dont come every few years and they're expecting La Masia to keep producing new Iniesta and Xavi while some of those that are on the bench now are mediocre players no matter how hard they try, players like Bojan, Song or Tello will be nothing more than that.

I dont get how they're blaming the frontline (Messi especially) while they always look vulunrable against every other team attack, literally. Sure some players are injured but Im surprise a team as big as Barca has such as thin squad depth. Everytime transfer window is approaching , there's talk about getting new defenders and they end up getting new forward. I hope AM win the tournament, I'd love to see Cholo crossing path with Mou and shut him up.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True but lets be honest, every big team these days wants an instant success. Just look at RM in last 11-12 years and how desperate they're to win the CL again. Chelsea sacked Ancelotti despite winning EPL and they sacked Di Matteo for winning Champions league, his team even beat Barcelona and Bayern. or should I even mention... Arsenal ?:confused:

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe Ancelotti was fired because they kept losing in the CL and had not won it. As for Di Matteo, I am not so sure how serious people took that victory. A person like Di Matteo can not manage a high profile team like Chelsea, plus he does not have that pedigree that Tata has. If Tata wins CdR and La Liga and gets fired, that is going to be comical. If he does get gired, who will they go after? Cholo? If FCB can not lift that transfer ban and can not bring in players for a year, not sure if he will want to even go. Not to mention the attachment to that club, he was a part of the last La Liga champions Atlético Madrid has ever won. I know having the opportunity to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world does not happen every day, but he just might want to continue to expand this team. Personally, I am glad that Cholo is there right now, he has made watching games in Spain more interesting. Think about it, his side has beaten Real Madrid in a CdR Final, and now, his side defeated FCB in the CL QF.

Pipiolo repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tata will not get fired if he win the league. Tito was replaced because his ongoing battle with cancer and Pep didnt get sacked either, it was his own decision to take a year break from football and try a new challenge. That said, Tata and his team can still finish strong this season if they manage to beat AM at home and then beat AM in CDR final.

At the moment I think beating AM and retaining the title would be more than enough. 1 point is the smallest gap possible, without CL in their mind their chance to retain the title definetely get a boost. I think if Tata could finally beat Atletico in their final showdown this season, the supporters will be happy enough.

Honestly though, for the NT I prefer someone like Cholo at the helm. Our lads is lacking that tough mentallity. But off course that wont happen if Argentina is to lifted the thropy this year.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is no chance Simeone will go to Barcelona... How can you even suggest it? He is atletico through and through. I wouldnt even think he'd consider going to Barcelona... The guy is an atletico fan and he is probably the biggest idol in that clubs history. All you have to do is notice the relationship he has win the fans

If Simeone leaves atletico it will be to Italy or England. No chance he manages another team in Spain

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The comment of Cholo going to FCB was made in jest. Reading some of their fans comments here on BS, they are asking that FCB goes after him.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He wont, however now the media already blaming Messi as he only run 6.8km in this game.

21. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    The guy is all flash no substance. Alexis or even Pedro (can't be I am saying this) know how to make the right runs. He made one nice play today...I ll give him that.

22. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I fully expect Martino to be ousted by the new President there. And for him to be the seleccion's new trainer post the World Cup as Sabella has said whatever happens he is stepping down.

It is true the majority of Barcelona fans have not got a clue about football insulting Martino and Messi. Messi should leave. He owes them nothing at all. And now Messi and Mascherano get extra rest before the World Cup as well.

I am hoping as an Atletico fan that they go all the way. And with a new stadium nearly ready of 70000 plus I think Diego will stay on.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I too believe Messi should leave. He has left a legacy there that will never be matched again. There are probably only a couple clubs in the world that can truly afford him, City,PSG and maybe Chelsea.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bien Cholo!

Imagine Atletico winning both the Champions League and La Liga over the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. :eek::eek: It would be historical! Hell, even winning one of the two titles would be a huge achievement, but no one was expecting them to fight for their two most important competitions and have a realistic chance of clinching them both so close to the end of the season.

Credit where credit's due.

tatoRMN, Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No doubt, that team is on a special run. Wonderful stuff.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.