The all-purpose Alex thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Suss, Aug 21, 2003.

1. 9_kezman

9_kezman New Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Absolutely he deserves...There is no player as genius as Alex in the world!!!

2. Emrah_Tr

Emrah_Tr New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Turkey
    King Alex scored 2 against one of our rivals Besiktas and we lead Turkish Super League right now, 2 points away Galatasaray and 5 points away Besiktas

Alex made 12 goals 11 asissts in Turkish Super League in 21 matches
    and lead the champions league with 6 assists

here the last goals of him

1. goal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-IYNT2Sio
    2. goal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8TGxTJ-S0M

he deserves Brazil NT! If Dunga is not stupid like Parreria, he calls him up to squad!

3. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    good win for fenerbache!

he had some good touches on the ball

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    DEIVD :eek: what a goal

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just finished watching the 1st half of the CL game. I will admit I haven't really seen Alex play before this (since Palmeiras). But is it me or is he running extra slow ? He looks like he is playing with an injury. I was expecting more ...

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He "amarelou" in this game..

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He seemed too contempt in making the easy passes and wasn't really moving to get open for the pass. I kept my eye on him off the ball. It's like he was afraid. I am very disappointed because it didn't look like he was getting any special marking from Chelsea.

I really think he only sprinted twice in the whole game ...

8. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    there is a poll on fifa

asking who is the best brazalian playing in the European leagues

so far alex is leading it

http://www.fifa.com/index.html

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well thats a lie. Kaka should be leading that followed by Robinho and then Diego.

10. 9_kezman

9_kezman New Member

Dec 20, 2006
    He is the legend of Europe!!!

11. wingfromhk

wingfromhk Member

Apr 21, 2006
    His speed is obviously his major weakness. He needs players who are fast playing around him (maybe hi missed Roberto Carlos) and players who are intelligent enough to combine with him. Othewise, due to his lack of space, he can't crave out space for himself or his teammates when others are not performing. I also think this is the main reason why he has never played in Western Europe. I wouldn't say he is a player who can change a top class football match on his own (unless he gets a chance to perfrom in dead ball situations). But if there are good players around him, with his intelligence and exceptional passing ability, he would be extremely effective and a joy to watch.

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Pace is so overrated... If you can think as fast as Alex and other playmakers like him can think, then you dont need to run like a chicken with his head cut off.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pace is not overrated. Some of the worlds top players rely on being faster then the opposition with the ball. Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Henry. And on the defnesive side is can be just as key. Sagna, Cole, Miguel, Alves.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Obviously pace is not overrated. Players with pace are valuable. But there is also something to be said for letting the ball do the work. Especially if you're a playmaker.

15. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Dont mind me, BUT.... not saying that the players you listed apply to this, but you need to have more to your game than pace. It seems like all people focus on, are pace and natural athletic ablitlity as opposed to football ability...

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh of course, that goes without saying. You need to have a combination of attributes.

17. Fry36

Fry36 New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    New Jersey
    He's a legend in Fenerbahce with like 100 goals and 104 assists in less than 190 games. It's a shame every attacking midfielder is compared with him in Turkey, though. Poor players never reach a quarter of Alex's performance so they end up being declared as disappointments by the media and fans.

Victims of this: Matias Delgado, Casio Lincoln, Ricardinho, Marcelo Carrusca, Rodrigo Tello (wtf he's a LB!), Sasa Ilic, and Ibrahim Yattara...

Hoping the top assister in CL stays with Fener for many years to come. :D

18. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    BUMP.

My favorite player, possibly ever. No I'm not Turkish, or a fan of Fenerbahce.
    ALEX DE SOUZA​

Thats all I wanted to say...

19. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  20. DanFla

DanFla Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Great player, as many others brazilians sometimes dont adapt very well to europeans big teams. As a number 10 of Cruzeiro he was fantastic.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I really wish he would have considered coming back to play in Brazil this year ... preferably for Palmeiras where he could re-unite with Scolari. But I have to respect the guy for finding his niche in Turkey and being loyal to the team. It looks like he enjoys playing there and the fans love him. That kind of relationship and respect is priceless.