The All-New, All-Celtic Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    They didnt consider us better than we are mate, they didnt want to spend money unless it was guaranteed we would recoup it, thus basle spent and strengthened and we waited until qualification was assured, basle won through.
    Mon still hasnt signed a new deal and it looks probable he wont be in glasgow next season and there are rumours flying around that Larsson is being touted around europe for the reopening of the transfer window, with him only having 18 months left on his contract it is also likely they are true.
    Colin healy is also looking for a move as soon as the window opens again.
    We could be going from a position of relative strength to being back in the dark old days through the same old celtic problem, a small minded board of directors.
    Paolo Di Canio Said it best in his book:
    " I felt poisoned by what had happened and disappointed that these people who cared nothing for football were running Celtic Football Club."

2. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Insert random gibe RE: stereotypical Scottish cheapness, close-fistedness, blockheadedness here.

3. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Ananova

4. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Re: Gutted.

Really? I was celebrating...

:confused: ;)

5. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    PF's favorite chimes in...
    Tribal Football

6. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    [​IMG]

The McStay has spoken!

7. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Point out that most of our board are irish here :D

8. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    If Only.....

[​IMG]
    If only we had 11 Paul McStays.....our keeper,defence and strikers would be gash but our midfield would be immense :)

9. sabremike

sabremike New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Brewster, NY
    Wierd question I thought of last night: anyone know what breed of dog Hoopy is supposed to be?

10. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    Re: If Only.....

and you would have missed all your penalties against basel

11. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    the lesser spotted oversized club mascot.

12. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Ananova

13. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    We've lost! What do you mean we're not invincible??? :(

BBC
    BBC
    SoccerNet
    Articles from Ananova

14. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    I don't know which set of fans sung songs during the game but I thought it was celtic fans and I saw some people who weren't singing in the celtic section laughing.

from this perspective you deserved to lose! and king henrik was shite, made a couple of good clearances and pass backs for motherwell I must admit.

15. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    ads, I haven't the slightest idea what you're on about. :confused: I heard from a few people who claimed Celtic fans were singing during the moment of silence but I didn't notice it myself. Is that what you mean?

BBC
    I just realized this. Why don't we have our own Celtic team forum???

16. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    The singing was coming from outside the ground as far as i could tell,dont know which set of fans it was but i also heard that the cameras picked up noone so that would seem to be the case.
    We were shocking last night, henke didnt have his shooting boots on and noone else seemed interested, even mon in his post match interviews.
    Bobo and Agathe are looking every much a player of the value we got them for respectively and laursen is no way better than crainey.
    On a brighter note James McFadden ran rings round us in front of the scotland boss and if he isnt in the next squad i will personally kick vogts out of this country myself.

Scotland doesnt even have its own forum brian and there are enough of us to warrant one, there is maybe 2 NI and Wales threads on here and the rest is us.

17. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Thanks for confirming, PF. I heard the same thing but a few different sources kept trying to convince that it was coming from inside the stadium. The cameras or mics didn't pick anything up but the pub was loud so wasn't sure. One fan in the stadium said they were chanting pro-IRA songs, but I won't believe that without proof. Just doesn't make any sense...

They don't need to make another forum just for Scotland because N. Ireland and Wales would become a waste of space. :)

Just putting a Celtic team forum would be perfect. There are far more Celtic fans on here than some of the other team forums.

18. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Well youre the political aggitator of this board mate, take it to the head brass and youll have my support for one :)

19. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I'd love to run for office and start a revolution but I don't think Huss (the head brass) likes me very much. :D

You know, after that whole debacle.

-cman- is the man for the job. As a mod and fellow Celtic supporter he has the best chance of getting it.

Whaddya say cman? :)

20. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    O'Neil is right. The loss to Motherwell hurts. But Celtic will still go on to dominate. Rangers have too much debt to hold onto the players they need to win it all.

21. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Mighty Motherwell!!! Up the 'Well!! Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Good for the game in Scotland and good for the younguns at Motherwell.

22. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    We were shite, but congratulations.

You're club played well.

23. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    I seem to remember when all the talk of the different leagues was going on there was a poll on a celtic website asking if they wanted to join a republic or ireland league or as they put it in the poll "join up with our opressed brothers" sadly it was ages ago and i dont remember the name of the site, obviously it wasnt a .co.uk (the uk part is too much for the best and most decent fans in the world - wonder what americans think of the claudio reyna incident and the ira songs, terrorists as well btw)

I found that quite funny for no reason at all, obviously it was just my sick mind laughing at the opressed brothers wasnt it. so go ahead create a celtic forum but dont create a rangers forum, I want to hear what everyone has to say, celtic fans included and I don't want to have to go through 12 segregated forums for it.

24. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Are you pissed or something ads?
    A lot of vitriol in that post, most of it poorly informed vitriol at best, downright insulting at worst.
    Ira songs, whenever anyone makes this claim I ask them to name me a time they have heard any significant number of supporters at celtic park sing an Ira song, ive never had a reply yet.
    Very poor.

25. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh

HA HA HA

I think you must have hearing problems if you are a real Rangers fan - haven't you ever heard Rangers fans singing the praises of the UVF?

ie
    "We are not sectarian
    We are U-V-F"
    etc.

Face it, both halves of the OF have a substantial number of "fans" who have dubious attitudes towards terrorists.