The All-New, All-Celtic Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    It's good to be back mate.

2. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Sutton helps Bhoys bounce back

Celtic bounced back from the midweek defeat at the hands of Ajax to beat Italian outfit Parma 2-1, with Chris Sutton and Momo Sylla scoring...

TeamTalk

3. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    CELTIC 2 PARMA 1

Celtic gave themselves a much-needed boost ahead of the start of the new season next weekend with victory over the Serie A giants at Parkhead.

Following resounding friendly defeats against Werder Bremen and Ajax, Chris Sutton gave the Hoops the lead (7) from strike partner Henrik Larsson's pass.

Momo Sylla stabbed home a second with 20 minutes left before Marco di Vaio replied from the spot at the death.

This is Staffordshire

4. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    CELTIC MORE CONVINCING IN PARMA WIN

Chris Sutton and Momo Sylla scored the goals as Celtic beat Parma 2-1.

Celtic welcomed back Joos Valgaeren and Stephen Crainey to their, of late, shaky defence.

And the Hoops were far more convincing display against the Italians in the early stages and took the lead after just seven minutes...

ScottishFootball.com

5. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Ahh, I feel much better about this match than the last we played.

6. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Cos we never got scudded?

7. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Did you get an apology or explanation or anything?

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Ajax's USA star O'Brien fancies Celtic switch

Ajax midfielder John O'Brien has admitted he'd like to play for Celtic one day...

Tribal Football

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    We worked out a deal behind closed doors. :) Huss is a good guy. Thanks for helping get me back!

The yellow should be gone by tomorrow hopefully.

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Celtic Close In On Double Signing

Celtic are on the verge of signing Magnus Hedman and Ulrik Laursen to bolster their squad ahead of the start of the Scottish Premier League next week...

SoccerAge

We've got a keeper! :D

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Scottish clubs set to quit league

Ten clubs are on the verge of quitting the 12-club Scottish Premier League after Rangers and Celtic rejected a new television deal at a stormy meeting in Edinburgh yesterday...

The Guardian

Hedman hands Douglas new threat

MAGNUS Hedman, the Swedish international goalkeeper, is expected to complete his transfer to Celtic today after undergoing a medical. The SPL champions agreed an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £1.5 million, with Coventry City yesterday for the 29-year-old, who is confident his personal terms will be settled without any hitches...

Scotsman

12. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Hedman and Laursen swell Celtic ranks

Celtic have agreed terms with Coventry City for goalkeeper Magnus Hedman. The Swedish international is expected in Glasgow later today to undergo the formalities of a medical after Coventry accepted an undisclosed fee for the player...

The Telegraph

13. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    O'NEILL READY FOR FINAL RUN-OUT

Celtic manager Martin O'Neill may be on the verge of signing Ulrik Laursen but he still faces defensive injury worries ahead of the game against St Mirren.

Laursen would be unlikely to feature in the pre-season friendly at Love Street and Bobo Balde (hamstring) and Johan Mjallby (thigh) are doubts.

O'Neill said: "There is no major problem with Johan. The game may be a little too soon for Bobo."

This is Scunthorpe

14. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Hedman set for £1m bonanza

Magnus Hedman is ready to pocket a near £1million-a-year pay deal with Celtic and place further question marks over the first-team status of current Parkhead No. 1 Rab Douglas...

SoccerNet

I'd rather see Hedman starting. How bout everyone else?

15. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    O'Neill As Euro Deadline
    TeamTalk

Duo to miss Buddies clash

Johann Mjallby and Bobo Balde are both expected to miss Celtic's final pre-season friendly clash at St Mirren on Tuesday night...

TeamTalk

HEDMAN AIMS TO NAB RAB'S PLACE

Magnus Hedman has fired a warning to Celtic keeper Rab Douglas that he has no intention of sitting on the bench when he completes his move to Parkhead.

The Coventry keeper is set to move to Glasgow this week after the Sky Blues accepted the Hoops' bid for him.

He told the Daily Record: "I've been told the best keeper will keep the jersey - however, I haven't come here just to sit on the bench."

This is Scunthorpe

16. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    DETERMINED HEDMAN SETS OUT STALL

Magnus Hedman has fired a warning to Celtic goalkeeper Robert Douglas that he has no intention of sitting on the bench when he completes his move to Parkhead...

Sporting Life

The competition is on...

17. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Old Firm back SPL TV proposals

The Old Firm have backed proposals which end the Scottish Premier League's long-running dispute over television rights.

Celtic and Rangers have both issued statements of support to PA Sport for the deal put forward by the BBC, which already had the backing of the other 10 SPL clubs. Their decision brings to an end a bitter war of words which had started after the Old Firm withdrew their support for the proposed SPL TV channel in April.

Rangers chairman John McClelland said: "I am delighted that after many months of discussion we have now completed broadcast television contracts which can only be good for all member clubs of the SPL and Scottish football in general."

18. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    this is almost too good to be true!
    2 class keepers vying for the number 1!
    Cant remember the last time that was the case :)

19. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    I'd rather see Hedman, personally.

And if JOB ever got to Celtic, that'd be awesome!

20. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Hedman and Rab are quite similar, top class shot stoppers but a bit dodgy on crosses and high balls, I would stick with Rab, that tie in Valencia was no fluke, but at least now we have some competition for the jumper.

Ive never been overly impressed with O'brien in the games ive seen him,admittedly not many, but he's never really caught my eye.

21. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Celtic Want TV Talks To Continue

Celtic have called for more negotiations with the Scottish Premier League over television rights...

The Guardian

I just wish they could resolve this mess already.

22. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Trouble like this is bound to happen with two huge clubs compared to the rest of the league.

I hope they get it resolved, too.

23. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Celtic Fixtures

Popero, do you know where you're going to watch yet this weekend? I have to call Playwrights tomorrow and check. Is Temple Bar showing matches this year?

24. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Agathe set to miss flag day

Didier Agathe looks certain to miss the SPL kick-off against Dunfermline on Saturday afternoon after suffering a slight reaction to a groin strain...

Official Website

Celtic v Dunfermline

Celtic wing-back Didier Agathe is set to miss the opening game of the SPL season against Dunfermline with a groin strain...

BBC Football

[​IMG]
    HAIL! HAIL!