The all-encompassing Karimi thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by MikeLastort2, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Yeah, I know a lot of you guys are excited that an Iranian player is going to be at Bayern next season. Please put ANY AND ALL posts related to Karimi in this thread. That includes rumors, pictures, news, haircut debates*, uniform number speculation, usw.

Thank you.

* :) for the humor-impaired when it comes to haircut debates.

2. Andrea_StarLight

Andrea_StarLight New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Brasil
    Karimi, I wish you all best you with Bayern but please... get your hair done!! :D :D

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Again...Mike and I will be watching this thread closely for "trolling and bating." Please be respectful to all posters. No player/manager on the Bayern board is beyond criticism. If you disagree with a poster..swearing and insulting is NOT an option. We realize some of you are on this board specifically for your interest in Karimi. Please remember this is not a fansite and be aware that players do come under a critical eye.

Please pm MikeLastort2 or myself if you have issues.

Here is to Karimi having a successful year at Bayern!

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm wondering what the odds are when Karimi will 1st score for Bayern. I know it sounds nuts, but hey, why not?

5. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's wrong with the cut. He looks like he used the same barber that Jeremies used when he came over from 1860...:)

6. Andrea_StarLight

Mar 7, 2005
    Brasil
    And that was when...7 years ago ,right ? :mrgreen:

7. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like Karimi's hair!!

The long hair is a style in Iran now, and a lot of Iranian players have it now (Mahdavikia, Karimi, Zandi, etc.)

8. pipin

pipin New Member

May 29, 2005
    Xanten
  9. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WTF is :mrgreen:?

10. Andrea_StarLight

Mar 7, 2005
    Brasil
    Actually I have installed a Firefox extension with some new emoticons but I guess it didn´t work...

11. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Hey gang. I want to add this becuse it is an important issue. I will also include this message in the transfer thread.

In regards to Karimi and posters. Name calling, racist remarks, innuendos, and just trying to bate any poster will not be tolerated from ANY poster.

Let me repeat that.............ANY POSTER!!!!!

That means regular Bayern/Germany posters as well.

What sometimes works on the Rivalries boards does not generally work here. As I said before, no player/manager is above criticism or even some jokes, but do not insult another poster just for the sake of it.

The regulars know me pretty well and I think I am a pretty fair guy to EVERYONE! I apologize if anybody feels like I have been biased towards certain members..That is not my intention.

DF

12. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike and DF... Moderators Extrordinare... Thank you!!!! ;)

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    To follow up what Dead Fingers had to say, we're working on ensuring that the Germany forum and all its subforums remain some of the best forums on BigSoccer.

Thank you all in advance for your support.

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    22.10.05 15.30 BL Bayern Munich - MSV Duisburg

Karimi will score his first goal in this game, the week after we beat Shalke!

15. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    lol, nice a karimi thread.. :)

16. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oh god a "sandbox"!!!.... this is just sad, I know there was a hype when he first signed (that wasn't unprovoked though, but still unacceptable) but things have been sweet for a while.... so I don't see a reason for having a sandbox for Karimi fans!.... I hope others will wake up and see what it means and will completely stop posting around here... if we really wanted to be content then why don't we just stay in Asia boards :(

17. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nice to see you guys used my idea :D

18. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oh look how cute... they have listened to baseless words of a bitter 16 year old.... giving Karimi fans a sandbox is totally unprovoked as everything was going nice and smooth... it was only you jumping around whining trying to remind mods of what happened when Karimi joined the club... I see that the success of Iranian players greatly pains you (looking forward to your false criticism on Karimi make sure you hide your racism this time, last one was so obvious even non-Iranians picked it up ;) ).... the very existence of this thread clearly shows the way that mods have chosen to deal with Bayern’s new fans and it's not welcoming at all!

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Unfortunately, the Bayern München mods have chosen to reward racially-motivated bullying by giving in to the bullies, in my opinion.

20. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    It has nothing to do with racism, that's just ridiculous. You have to understand that the Bayern forum was IMO the best forum on BigSoccer. Everyone was nice to each other, there were many good discussions with respect and without personal attacks and everything was nice, then came the Karimi signing and the forum was flooded by iranian fans, most of them were ok, but some were also trolls. So you have to understand that most of the users here were concerned what would happen when Karimi actually starts playing, when he has success, or when he becomes a benchwarmer etc. etc.

So a Karimi thread is the perfect compromise. Eveything Karimi-related will be written in here, it's better than to flood the board with Karimi threads. I mean, now he's the only Bayern player who has his own thread..
    I understand your enthusiasm and that Karimi is very important to iranian fans, but stop accusing us of being racists!

21. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm not gonna try and justify the uproar that happened when Karimi signed... also I was around and reading a lot of comments... you say some Iranians were trolls, oh well we had a lot of "******** off, no way we signed Karimi" from Bayern fans as well.... but anyways past is in the past and as you saw after Karimi started with Bayern there was only a single thread related to his arrival as there would be with any new signing I belive... then again I just saw one non-Iranian Bayern fan jumping around like monkey trying to make the thread hostile and remind everyone that “these guys are the same guys that destroyed our peace!!”… but still everything was going fine.... I just don't see how you can be so sure of what is going to happen and already conclude that Bayern board will turn into Karimi board....
    when did I call you racist? or the mods?... I just say giving Karimi fans a sandbox indirectly (who am I kidding it can’t get any more direct than this) implies that you see us as outsiders that are bound to destroy the great holly board that you have... which is pure nonsense!!....

22. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Well said..

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Exactly. There is no legitimate case for this "segregation" without making preconceived assumptions and without passing judgement on the Karimi fans and Iranians as a whole.

This is not Saudi Arabia — punishment before the crime is even committed is an unacceptable method in a civilized, democratic society with freedom of expression.

To me, this is nothing but vigilantism, paranoia and xenophobia at its height.

24. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Another attack on me, it seems to me like your the one who's starting trouble, aren't you the guy who told me to **** myself when I said Hashemian was a faliure at Bayern? :rolleyes:

The fact that I apologized and you still attack me shows how immature you are...

25. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    I want to congratulate the mods on a great idea. I am however confused on a few things;

If there is to be no flaming in this thread, and there has only been one previous thread on Karimi (hence no reason of too many threads being opened on him) then why the need for this? The same "civil" discussions could be carried out in any thread that may be opened in future and so far there has been no evidence of too many threads which could then be merged.

Also from what I have seen, I assume that this is aimed at ANY poster...

There is an idea that regular Bayern posters is perhaps largely aimed at Bayern posters who may have adverse feelings about Karimi? Hence perhaps a start to flaming and so on... So I don't see this as an insult to the Iranians (since they have been more than civil thusfar and the presumption of innocence would remain until proven otherwise - in most places anyway) but rather as a warning shot at "others".

Also does this mean that if there are discussions on a game and Karimi's performace is to be discussed along with other players, the other 10 or so should be discussed in one thread and Karimi in this? I guess I don't quite see how it could work with Karimi's discussions all being limited to this thread...

Thank you. :)