The all encompassing Iran thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'International News' started by BenReilly, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

good post....around here they all say they are "Persian"......

2. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
  3. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    what I was trying to mention is the new proposition would bring about a permenant solution that nuclear Iran would not be conceived as a threat. The permenant solution would revolve around joint Iranian-Israeli agreements without so much US "support" (intervention).

better be friends and "turn a blind eye" than being an enemy and "getting a blind eye"! :D

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Perhaps because they are Persian. In case you didn't know, Persian is an ethnicity.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ir.html#People

5. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    "Even as the White House edited the final drafts of the strategy, the House International Relations Committee voted 37 to 3 for legislation to end American economic aid to any country that invests in Iran's energy sector."

If you have enough money to invest on Iran's energy sector (that is for huge investments), why you need American economic aid?! :confused:

6. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

I know that....around here saying you are "Iranian" doesn't have the same effect as saying you are "Persian".....as to most Americans the "Persians" aren't a total pain in the arse....

7. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Those provisions are meant to create leverage against Pakistan which is negotiating a gas pipeline deal with Iran that also involves India. Unfortunately, the legislation threatens more than just cutting off "aid" to countries that invest more than $40 million in Iran's oil industry. It basically mandates extra territorial sanctions basically telling them that if they deal with Iran they can't deal with the US.

Otherwise, you are correct: most of the major players in the Iranian oil and gas investment schemes don't receive US "aid".

8. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I see where you are coming from - just like how Americans say they are "Canadian" when travel outside the States, as to most of the world, "Canadians" aren't a total pain in the ass. The difference is, most of those Iranians are actually Persian, but none of those Americans are really Canadian. :rolleyes:

9. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Personally when I use the term Persian tend to use it when I am refering to historical events dating before the name change for the rest of the world, we have always called it Iran.

10. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

I don't know any Americans who say they are Canadian.....amazingly I do know several Iranians who would prefer to be "Persian".....this is Texas after all....

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell I try to keep it simple, its either friend or asshole. Pick one. :D

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, If you actually stepped out of your own world in Texas and America, you'd meet many many "macho" American cowboys who put Canadian flag stickers on their backpack & jacket etc, and pretend to be "sissy" Canadians. :cool:

13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    By their own accounts, as well as from personal experience knowing several of them, Americans who travel to Iran claim they are from another country: Canada, Britain, Ireland, etc. Heck, according to Iran, even Reagan's national security advisor, Bob McFarlane, travelled to Iran under an Irish passport;)

Of course, those who do present themselves as Americans quickly learn to their surprise that Iranians are quite hospitable and friendly. Unlike people in some other countries...

Regardless, I don't know what is proven by pointing out how some Iranians living in a country that is being taught to hate "Iranians" don't want to advertise that they are "Iranian"? Whatever...

14. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    "If I could see through my burka I would get bulls-eye everytime."

[​IMG]

15. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

no one is being taught to "hate" Iranians.......the Iranian government does a good enough job of that...

16. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    actually I have travelled to 50 countries on all continents (including Iran) so you are speaking to the wrong bloke....

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That's a Chador, and you can see through a Chador. By the way, no one would dare invade Iran as long Iran possesses 3000 of these babies:

[​IMG]

18. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    No one would dare to invade Iran because of Iran’s influence in the Middle East. Iran right now has more control over Iraq and Afghanistan then the British and the US could ever dream of , and lets not forget Iran could make Israel a mess with Hamas and Hezbolah.

19. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    rubbish... Israel wouldn't move a finger in favor of Iranians without profiting from it(I can't think of any country that would do that so I am not actually picking on Israel), this issue has been covered times and times on these boards, if Israel didn't feel that Tel-Aviv is a possible target of an Iraqi nuke they wouldn't have bombed Iraq's nuclear site... the same way that they didn't bomb Indian or Pakistani nuclear sites!

if Israel cared about Iranians (at least as much as the Iranians cared about them after WWII) then Mossad wouldn't have helped Shah that much... Savak has killed over 20,000 Iranians (not average Iranians, but political figures) and Mossad gets part of the blame for it (if any of you don’t know about this do a Google search and spare us from ignorant posts)... so don't give me this Israel the savior of Iranians BS...

Israelis knew Saddam has no love for Jews so they stopped him while taking advantage of the fact that Saddam was at war with Iran… so basically he was to occupied to respond to any Israeli attack which would have opened a second front... there was no way Saddam could have developed a nuke during Iran-Iraq conflict so Israel used that war as an opportunity (very smart move) and destroyed a future threat to itself no sweat!… so don’t expect a thank you from Iranians because you (Israelis) simply don’t deserve one!

Last but not least as I have said before political intelligence is just too rare around here as ppl are unable to draw simple conclusions like this!

20. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We (Americans), and Israelis sure want to thank Iran for Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, psycho ayatollahs, crazy presidents and the best caviar in the world.

21. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

you would know.....

22. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/4091882.asp?gid=74

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can certainly atest to people saying they are from different countries when they travel outside the US and it is certainly understandable...they are embarassed and just want to avoid any conflict or arguement about what it is that ticks off countries regarding US foreign policy because god knows....there are tons.

25. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

personnally I can't wait for my next trip to England as I would love to get into a discussion about this and I would verbally defend the USA....big time...no American has anything to be embarrased about....nothing.