The all encompassing Iran thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'International News' started by BenReilly, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Thanks for the video. That apartment with the nice balcony overlooking the street, looks like my old place in Tehran. I feel homesick now, I miss the mehmoonis and parties.

2. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    For the 1000th time, their has never been any Iranian bombers.

verrry funny

A lot of Iranians left because of the war with Iraq and/or for more personnal freedom.
    But like Zagros says about Iranian immigrants, we all miss the warmth of the Iranian people here in europe or the US. You're never alone in Iran. Their's always your family or some "real freinds" you can stop by to see. People do'nt live alone in their corner ... thats the point.

Half of your posts are about bombing this in Iran, braging how you've had nukes since the 40 - 50 s, all middle easterns are terrorists or almost.

Your avatar pretty much resumes you ...

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading comprehension is important here, now go back and re-read what was written. Go on now try to understand what I said. Did I say Iran? Or did I say AREA? Do you get it now? Of course while you say there haven't been any Iranian bombers you still cannot deny that Iran funds these bombers, IE: Hezbollah.
    Who are they? Teh Basjri? Are they funny?
    Thats fine and dandy, but because his exp. here in the US or west may be different doesn't mean that it isn't like that here for Americans. I am never alone. I have friends and family stopping by all the time. That's pretty much how it is for most people I know. Of course any number of wisecracks about how you are never alone in Iran could be applied here as well.
    Really? Half my posts? Have you counted them? Don't you have anything better to do with your life? Have you noticed that those posts are almost always in response to some stupid bragging post from IM or some other half baked idiot? Where have I ever said that ALL middle easterns are terrorists?

So my avatar resumes me?
    Are you one of those racist French?? http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html

4. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    You said middle east and you were replying to an Iranian ...

The ones that i've read in Iran related threads. You really do'nt mind doing a little bombing on Iran.

Your link does'nt work.
    I'm not french and i have nothing against americans.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you assumed instead of comprehending. If you notice in the original quote I even pointed out area and not Iran intentionally.
    I don't mind bombing the mullahs, nor do I mind bombing the obvious nuclear weapons sites either. Iran should not be allowed to possess any nuclear capabilities so long as the mullahs are in charge and so long as they actively support and help terrorists such as hezbollah. This is just common sense.
    Oh it was about that poll that the French took where it said racism was on the rise. I was poking fun at you cause I saw your location as Paris. Not sure where the article went.

6. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    I understand the worlds concern about Iran having nuclear bombs, specially with our actual president (who makes your president look intelligent :( ). But when i hear bombing obvious sites, it makes me remember "chrurgical bombings"in Iraq. We know what happened next.

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

At least Ahmadinejad is a good speaker....despite him speaking out of the wrong orifice...

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that is an obvious point of real concern. Bush is a moron, what is worse is that there are people behind the scenes that dictate to him so I think the prospects for some type of military action are actually higher because Bush doesn't have his own voice. Which is eerily similar to Iran where Arm-an-ass is simply the mouthpiece for the mullahs.

In regards to Iraq, hey I admit to being suckered and thinking he had WMD's. I mena it was not out of the realm of possiblity after all, Iran knows firsthand about the weapons Saddam had and used.

Now as far as Iran goes, I mean I do not have access to the intelligence gathered obviously, but there seems to be some areas of concern considering the Pakistani who sold Nuclear Technology to various countries including Iran,the building of the Nuclear Plants with the insistence that Iran enriches the Uranium despite their "ally" offering to do it for them, Russia. The comments that came from Arm-an-ass about wiping Israel off the map and the denial of the holocaust. Plus the funding of the terrorists in the ME.

Really I do not think that much if any progress will ever come about in relations between the West and Iran so long as the mullahs are in charge.

9. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Anyone heard from IM lately?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12052677/
    "the Iranian government has one of the most extensive and sophisticated operations to censor and filter Internet content of any country in the world — second only to China, Hopkins said. It also is one of a growing number of Mideast countries that rely on U.S. commercial software to do the filtering ...The filtering process is backed by laws that force individuals who subscribe to Internet service providers to sign a promise not to access non-Islamic sites. The same laws also force ISPs to install filtering mechanisms."

10. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    There are numerous ways to escape the filtering , there are special internet cards which are available throughout Iran , Iran’s internet community is one of the fastest growing in the world , and Iran is also ranked in the top 5 in terms of online blogs. I don’t think MSNBC or AFP reporters actually investigate any of their claims just like the US government.

11. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    there is a problem with article, because it fails to mention that due to non-existence of copyright law on foreign products and lack of enforced laws against internet hacking, Iranians simply have no problem going around the imposed restrictions... the government is fully aware of this but they don't mind ppl to read what's online (the restrictions are just there to save face as an Islamic state, if they cared then they would have done something against satellite TVs)... the online anti-Iran propaganda is probably the best way to get Iranians closer to the current government!

12. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Oh no you didn't!

13. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States