The all encompassing Iran thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'International News' started by BenReilly, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
  2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I noted in my 'footnote' that there are dissenting opinions. Interesting, however, none of them are from people who offer a thorough analysis that takes into account Iran's capabilities to retaliate.

The article you cited from the Jerusalem Post starts as follows. You figure out the rest.

The articles I have cited go over the issue in detail, are from military analysts and experts, and take into account the panapoly of military issues that need to be addressed. And even that is only part of the equation: a full analysis implicates a panapoly of political, economic, and other costs associated with such an endeavor.

3. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In the meantime ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/20/AR2006032001880.html
    P.S.

For the longest time, the US was hoping for way to start a dialogue with Iran. Although the two countries are scheduled to discuss issues relating to Iraq, IMO notwithstanding all its follies, mistakes, and crimes, there is no bigger mistake that the Bush administration can make than to reject talks with Iran. The issues between Iran and the US can be resolved by finding a 'win-win' solution; the failure to try to find that solution will cost the US and Iran both dearly for many decades to come.

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    This is same stance US takes with North Korea. So the solution is that within 6 parties talk, there is a time frame for one on one between US and NK. So NK can declare there is a direct talk, and USA will declare there is no direct talk.

With what Bush did in India, and Rice did in Indonisia and Australia, you bet that China will be fully support Iran this time to against any non-peaceful solution.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As has been shown before, your referral to the war college and american think tanks are a joke and have been debunked numerous times here.
    The only road to true peace is the removal of the Islamofacists in charge in Iran or the US having to bomb Iran back to the stone age, or 1979 either way works.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hows this for a resolution...

Reprimand Iran and impose full suspension on their program again until the IAEA clears up any outstanding issues, when that report is sent back to the SC for evaluation and they clear it, Iran can puruse civilian nuclear energy and sell their abundant oil supply to other nations for a more reasonable price......because thats the only way to satisfy the US and they don't seem to be budging anytime soon.

7. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...an21.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/03/21/ixworld.html

Good luck to Iran...

8. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    And you really think Iran is going to touch Israel? get a clue man , you don’t anything about the situation in the Middle East, for those of us who lived in the region for most of our lives we understand the situation than any American watching TV. You should be saying good luck to the US , for the mess its created in Iraq and the Middle East, when Saddam was in power the Middle East was more stable than it is now , now you have the clueless American troops wondering around Iraq and you have shia insurgents backed by Iran and the shia Iraqi government fighting the Sunni insurgents backed by Arab countries like Saudi Arabia , Syria, you cant bring Democracy to a country like a Iraq where there is racial and ethnic tensions , you need a guy like Saddam who can keep law and order, not some Western soldiers who claim to be liberating the Iraqis and spreading Democracy in a place where Democracy cant exist.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No what we really need to do is block the whole region off and let em kill each other off since that seems to be the only thing they know how to do.

10. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    What you guys need to do is to stay out of the Middle East altogether , remember why September 11th happened ? If the United States adopts a fair policy towards all countries in the Middle East like the Chinese and the Russians have done in recent years you wont see hatred towards the United States. You cant just walk into a country and create a mess and leave and let the people kill each other, you guys created this mess and now its your duty to clean up the mess, If you leave Iraq today it will turn into a battle field for all countries In the Middle East ( like it is right now ), the United States with dumb Bush as its leader have created a mess in Iraq which is difficult to get out of , its tough to say what’s the right thing to do in Iraq right now, but one thing is cretin , it’s the Americas job to fix the situation which it created, even if it means 30,000 dead American troops .

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah I like my idea better.

12. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Disagree here. I think American troops presence is one major reason why it may escalate to civil war. If US pulled off the troops, Iraq Sunni and Shia have to sit down together with Kurd to work out some agreement:

1) Sunni has to acknowledge the importance and majority of Shia and the proportion of power it got.
    2) Shia has to give some concession to Sunni for a little bit more than its population of % requires.

It is not too hard if the backing states of Saudi/Gulf, Iran, and Syria sit together. If you want some international legimacy on it, calling China and Russia in to oversee it. It is only workable solution right now, but US may not let it happens (against US interests). So this kind of chaos will go forever, especially with US vs. Iran and US vs. Syria in background. Iraqis have to endure these kinds of chaos and hardships for few more years until its troops exhausted and tired and decided to pull off.

13. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox reports. You decide:

[​IMG]

14. | Mr. Universe |

| Mr. Universe | BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2005
    Pudding Island
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RlN418VHXAY&search=iran

To all you american politics forum nerds who hate mullahs, I bet you
    wish you were in place of this amercian kid, see what kind of goodbye parties the Persians threw for him in Tehran.

So inetad of talking so much crap which makes no difference at all, why don't you try to be wise like Iranian Monitor and take a trip to glorious Iran, you'll never wanna leave, eventhough you might be kicked out of the country for simply being inferior we will throw you a very nice good bye party.

15. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aside from being dizzy after watching the video, It was interesting to see how swarthy people can also be attractive.

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you say we would never wanna leave when you and others around here like you all left Iran to live here?

17. | Mr. Universe |

Aug 29, 2005
    Pudding Island
    What the hell are you talking about, I haven't left Iran. What do you mean by "here" ? I would never want to live in USA, I have visited your country and am not impressed. Life has no meaning in the west, you don't know what living means until you live in Iran. The funnest country of them all, the country that never sleeps.

In the west you are usually all alone, either drinking or if you are in that low percentage of good looking or rich people you get to have sex too, thats all you consider fun, you don't know what family truly means, you don't know what good food is, the average joes on the streets are not kind to you, you are boring boring people.

18. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow you have us all figured out don't you? That was funny about life having no meaning here in the west when it is people in your AREA of the world that strap bombs to themselves in order to kill others who are either Jews, Americans, or a different sect of Muslim such as Shia or Sunni.

Is the reason why the country never sleeps because they are afraid of getting arrested by the secret police?

But like I said, there are quite a few Iranians who leave Iran to live here in the west and don't go back. Hell you can find them on this board.

So I guess we can call you a mullah lover.

19. | Mr. Universe |

Aug 29, 2005
    Pudding Island
    The suicide rate in the west is still way higher than it is in the East you imbecel.
    They are only killing themseleves because of their country and what they believe in not because life has no meaning for them unlike the westerners who jump of bridges cause they have nothing else to do.

Yeah cause the secret police will arrest you if you sleep, sleeping is forbidden :rolleyes:

I am not denying that, but the ones who have left usually had no other choice (they either were not smart enough to cut it in Iran's universities and had to leave for easier education in the west or they had done something and would have been arrested had they stayed) , heck before the revolution there were more Americans in Iran than there were Iranians in USA.

And I guess I can call you a Bush lover, or a KKK lover because you live in a country where they exist, anyways whatever floats your boat.

20. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooohh an insult. Gee that hurts my feelings. :rolleyes:
    They are killing themselves over a religion that supposedly is a peaceful one but obviously by the actions of the followers it is anything but. Either way they are just criminals who kill and in turn kill themselves. Losers is all they are, of course given the area they live in, death certainly is a better choice.
    No, but they will come for you when you are sleeping for breaking the holy laws of a backwards country. Careful when you are out drinking you don't get noticed by the secret police or they will arrest you, well that is if you can't raise the bribery money.
    Yeah it is so much easier here in the west. Yet we are the ones who put a man on the moon, developed computers and the internet, the space shuttle, pioneered medical science to include heart and lung transplants and other vital surgeries. Hell we created nuclear and atomic bombs in the 40's and 50's and you guys are still trying to figure it out.
    Oh cmon don't tell me you aren't a fan of the mullahs. I bet you attend all those rallies just hoping for a sight of them don't you? I will have more respect for Bush once he does bomb Iran off the planet though.

21. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    While this is a terribly one-sided characterization, it contains more than a kernel of truth, not just for America but the West in general. The break-down of the family, the lack of community, fast/processed food replacing the family meal, our "modern" way of life leaves much to be desired.

22. | Mr. Universe |

Aug 29, 2005
    Pudding Island
    I think you should tell huss to create a crying smiley just for you, so you could show your true emotions.
    You know, I didn't think you did.

And that was great fun for you personally how? Anyways if it wasnt for us, you guys wouldn't even know the basics of those sciences let alone expand them.

I don't think anybody cares for your respect, after reading this last few posts of yours alone I care more about what a retarded monkey (not saying bush just a regular retarded monkey) thinks about me or my country than what you think. No wonder IM and others ignore your posts.

P.S I am afraid if I start ignoring you too you would go kill yourself and the last thing I want to do is end a fool's misrable life when he deserves to live and suffer more, so I will entertain/bitch slap, you some more until the dark comes and it is time for you to go to sleep, on 2nd thoughts Im out.

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh so you don't have a better response?
    I know it is a dangerous cult of a religion that rewards people for killing others and themselves.
    The internet is of great fun for me. As for knowing the sciences of it, do tell me all about the internet and IP address and TCP/IP and such. Tell me what the binary breakdown is for IPV4 and IPV6? Oh I know Iran invented it all I forgot. :rolleyes: It was us in the West that corrected the bassackwards ideas that the Persians came up with. We had to correct where they went wrong in order to get the right results. That is why we have done all that we have while you guys still talk about what a great empire Persia once was. See you guys are pretty much has beens and almost never was, and we are the top of the top.
    Of course you care what I write that is why you keep posting responses to me. You know I am right and you wish you could be American but see we have standards here and you just don't measure up.

Give it your best shot persian kitty.

24. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005

Life for vast majority of Iranians is pretty "modern" (all modern challenges, traffic, commute time, job pressure, provide the best you can,....), despite what you almost force yourself to believe. But the key is that people still take time off for each other, well at least most do. Unfortunately, for most families in the West, their best gatherings is, as far as every day life is concerned, to watch a movie or a sidcom on TV. You hardly find families sitting around and chatting and enjoying each other while there are many "lessons", "epic stories", "poems" that get passed to the children which helps their development.

25. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that may be more true in the urban areas, but for me and the area I live in that isn't quite true. My kids friends and their families do quite a bit together and are a big part of their kids lives.

I don't think it is accurate to generalize about anyone. Which of course is what is happening in this thread and most of the other threads around here.