The all about my kid post

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by tonygravato, Nov 18, 2009.

1. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My son Joe, is 7 1/2 but shows some great signs of becoming a good player. He is the leading scorer on the team as well as my best keeper. He can telegraph corners into the dead center of the goal face, kick free kicks from the half way line to the 18. He usually gets marked by 2 or 3 players when he is the outfield. His ball movement is sick, sick enough to be able to drag the ball on the end line and hook it into the near post. He grew up watching his sisters playing plus from watching the games on TV. I only hope his skills can get better as he gets older and he has a shot at hopefully playing for Portugal one day.

so in a moment of completely making me feel like a great dad, I give you some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Is he a Portuguese citizen?

3. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I am, so I think if using that he could get Portuguese citizenship, kind of the way Giuseppe Rossi plays for Italy even though he was born in NJ

4. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    I wish you guys luck, and even if he falls short of the Selecção Nacional, he'll still have a lifetime of fun.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree with this! Hope him and your family nothing but joyous moments.

6. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hope for a great future for your son. Over the years I have seen many kids with tons of potential and sometimes they wind up getting frustrated because of pressure and expectations coming from all angles. Be sure to stay level-headed so that he could be too. That is very important. You don't want to take way from your kid the love of the game, i.e. he has to enjoy what he's doing and be careful in not burning him out. PassItOn can also give you some good pointers as he's been a coach for many years and has seen many wiz kids too, I'm sure. Good Luck! ;)

7. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    From my experience...just let the kid play and have fun. Early indications here (putting pictures of your 7 year old on the internet) shows some signs of being a little overzealous. (Be Careful!!!)

I wish him all the luck in the world in his development. But it's hard to tell how a 7 year old will develop. Way too early.

My son is currently a freshman in HS. He plays on one of the Academy Teams here in NJ. He has develpped nicely but still needs much work in order to become "high level"

So take a word of advice from someone who's kid is going through the process...let him have fun...

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wait till he brings home a Puerto Rican chick for dinner Juve...lol

9. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Re: Pack your bags for South Africa!: Portugal HIS back!! [R]

Quite good this little tiger

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iva_Dum5-Q4&feature=related"]YouTube- YOANN S.L.B 2008[/ame]

amazing skill for his age

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They are so tiny, its like I am watching professional midget soccers players in their own exclusive league.

11. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    is he Portuguese?

12. verde-rubro