The Africa Thread (Arsenal related........kind of!!)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Rick B, Mar 28, 2007.

1. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Some very cool photos Rick. I see you also felt a small stick would defeat a lion cub. Where those tents out in open where wildlife was free to come up to them?

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've got to say that it is crazy that I LIVE in South Africa, yet I haven't even seen most of those animals that you guys did on this trip! I've looked at a few of the photos, but will take a closer look when I finally finish exams on Wednesday!!!

3. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    The photo with the tents in them was take on the edge of Kafue National Park at the south gate where there are no barriers at all. We were 70K from the nearest road and in the middle of nowhere. It was fantastic.

At Mana Pools where the sun rising photo' and the heyna photos were taken there was nothing seperating us from the animals. The first night an elephant came up from the river and walked about 30 metres away from where we were sitting around the fire. The 2nd night Hippo were grazing about 10 metres from the tents and heyna were around us all the time. The night vision monoculars that I got were great!!

4. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to help! Great stuff Rick.

5. Shibby13

Shibby13 New Member

May 2, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rick are you still planning on coming to New York in July for those concerts?