The actual 3 best players in the world

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: General' started by zdrav, Jun 29, 2010.

1. markaos

markaos New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    He is the man constructing the game for Argentina. Maradona planned it this way, and till now, it's working.

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i was being facetious. two names in that trio were iconoclastic, the third was icon n°1. that's what i didn't get.

3. markaos

markaos New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Well, I based this opinion only by what they presented on the WC. Lúcio is stopping any and all player he faces. Oezil is shining on every Germany game, besides he is a very inteligent player. And Messi, as I said, is the "armador" of Argentina. Honestly, they are in my opinion the current three best players os this WC.

4. Mihilt

Mihilt New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Club:
    Wisla Kraków SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Messi was a letdown in the eliminations but he did really well at the Olympics and he's one of the best midfielders at this WC so far. In Maradona's concept Messi is the key player who handles most of the balls and is the main creator of their offensive. Whenever he gets the ball he is assisted by 2-4 rivals and yet he manages to use his genius to keep the ball and pass it to Higuain or Teves. Then they may strike as most of the defense is worried about holding off Messi. It's not Barcelona where Messi is less burdened with the role of a team brain and can concentrate more on finishing (as there's Xavi and Iniesta on his side). In their national teams Ronaldo or Rooney don't have the ability to focus most of the rival's defense on themselves at the same time managing to hold the ball and pass it productively forward.

By the way, that's one of the reason I'm so skeptical about Argentina tactics as I think it's too much focused on Messi and if he gets cut off from play it shall be the death blow for Argies. But I admit that it hasn't happened so far thanks to Messi's genius.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1) Messi
    2) Robben
    3) Villa

Based on the last month or so.

Anyone who claims Messi has been shit this World Cup is blind. Messi has easily been the best player this tournament. Just a little unlucky not to score.

Robben is the second best dribbler on the planet. People might think he's a one trick pony. But when there is no human on this planet that can stop his "trick" it really isn't relevant.

Villa has just been very sharp and prolific lately. My favorite striker in this tournament.

6. worldcupblogger

worldcupblogger New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Top 3 at the moment are Messi, David Villa and Mesut Ozil for me. Just have a look at their picklive stats throughout the World Cup-they have all been consistently excellent.

7. captaincold1

captaincold1 Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Messi has done great so far.

8. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don`t know about the 3 best players in the world but the 3 best players at this WC for me

1. Villa
    2. Messi
    3. Öezil

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Messi - should in reality have about 4 goals. He's been cursed - hit the post a few times and has been denied by some of the best goalkeeping saves of the WC. However, a few of these have resulted in easy tap-ins for his teammates. Besides that he's been unstoppable, he's the focal point for the best attacking team in the Cup, and the attention he draws from defenses makes it easier for guys like Higuain and Tevez to get their goals.

10. JohnA

JohnA Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the original post; Messi, Villa, and Snyder are fantastic players. Add to that Robben of Holland, Forlan of Uruguay, and Xavi and Inesta of Spain.

11. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    To call him the second best dribbler on the planet is a biased exaggeration.

I've seen his trick stopped plenty of times especially against quality defenders and when this happens (as it is in the Brazil game) he looks exceedingly ordinary. The only thing on his mind is to cut inside and shoot and when this is blocked off he appears clueless and uncreative.

12. RybbRasta

RybbRasta Red Card

Jun 23, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Only thing Robben can do great is dive and win freekicks. Not best three in world. Far from best three.

13. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Robben roasted Brazil's left side in the 2nd half with his dribbling and play-making. Had some incredible performances. Hats off to him for coming up huge despite making some mistakes in the game (like letting his man score the goal for Brasil to put the Yellow up 1-0).

14. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  15. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  16. AirSlex

AirSlex New Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Queensland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I agree with Bonus, except in the reverse order.

The actual 3 best players in the world does not mean the best players at the 2010 WC :D, I am thinking about the last 2 years.

17. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Messi looked good today really looked the best player in the world

18. RybbRasta

RybbRasta Red Card

Jun 23, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    True. But somehow I can not see Messi winning Best player of the world this year. No goal, exit in 1/4 final... No chance... But who best player if not Messi??? Mueller? Schweinsteiger? Lahm? or maybe Villa?

19. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Since when? He didn't score a single goal at the world cup. And has a very poor scoring record for Argentina, the same as Ronaldo.

20. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ;)
    ;)

21. slamjam

slamjam New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Here is my dream team:

GK - Casillas
    Right back - Maicon
    Center back - Vidic
    Center back - Pique
    Left back - Lahm
    Right Mid - Ronaldo
    Center Mid - Sneijder
    Center Mid - Xavi
    Left Mid - Robinho
    Striker - Drogba
    Striker - Messi

22. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1. Messi
    2. Robben
    3. C. Ronaldo

23. surreal madrid

surreal madrid New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    ronaldo's kaka was very messi.
    it's so futile always trying to find the best in the world. what criteria do you use? and what world is it? how come they always play in europe.
    the best is vuvuzela.

24. bootroom

bootroom New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    To change this up a but, who do you think has been the biggest surprise this world cup?

For me its been Ozil and second place Honda.

http://www.ussoccercoaches.com

25. sjimz

sjimz Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    That's only cause Ronaldo can't score goals for Argentina :D